PDA

View Full Version : Idiots without a clue

colonelklink
19th Jan 2007, 23:32
alright, ive come to realize one of the problems of a mulitplayer demo of a game like this. Its too complicated for half the idiots out there to figure out how to play. You end up having a team of 3 people who know what they are doing and some jackoff who ruins it for the rest because he cant figure out why his aircraft carrier cant attack a battleship with its AA. So maybe some one has a suggestion on who to fix this problem like creating private games and adding people from the forum on xbl? this is just a problem ive run into and would like to fix so we can have some intense games.

Divine_Wind
19th Jan 2007, 23:45
I've probably played about a dozen games so far and I would say that there was at least one brand new player in each of them. It seems that the majority of new players don't want to take the time to learn the controls or they just don't like how long it takes to complete a game. All of my games have started out with 4 on 4. However, none of them have ended with that amount.

chip5541
19th Jan 2007, 23:49
You also have to realize also that alot of those idiots are about 12 - 16 years old.

Capt:.Cavan
20th Jan 2007, 00:48
alright, ive come to realize one of the problems of a mulitplayer demo of a game like this. Its too complicated for half the idiots out there to figure out how to play. You end up having a team of 3 people who know what they are doing and some jackoff who ruins it for the rest because he cant figure out why his aircraft carrier cant attack a battleship with its AA. So maybe some one has a suggestion on who to fix this problem like creating private games and adding people from the forum on xbl? this is just a problem ive run into and would like to fix so we can have some intense games.

ok how about you stop moaing and actually realise its a game, yeah i know it can be annoying and its only fun for god sake, no need for flaming ****

and chip, i am in fact 15 years old and consider my self a mature, intelligent gamer, its only some 14-16 year olds who spoil things :rasp:

NeecHMonkeY
20th Jan 2007, 01:46
Everyone is new to the game... some of us have just figured it out a little quicker.
We just need to be a little more patient with the people that don't know what they're doing and help them out a bit.

Maybach
20th Jan 2007, 02:15
ok how about you stop moaing and actually realise its a game, yeah i know it can be annoying and its only fun for god sake, no need for flaming ****
and chip, i am in fact 15 years old and consider my self a mature, intelligent gamer, its only some 14-16 year olds who spoil things :rasp:

Dude I bet you're one of the people who doesn't know what he's doing and leaves games early just because one of his units dies. Also, he has the right to "moan" about people like you because it ruins the overall gaming experience for us players that would like to have a prolonged, fairly balanced battle.

LT ROBERT COLE
20th Jan 2007, 02:18
^ wow

Damaged Soldier
20th Jan 2007, 02:23
Dude I bet you're one of the people who doesn't know what he's doing and leaves games early just because one of his units dies. Also, he has the right to "moan" about people like you because it ruins the overall gaming experience for us players that would like to have a prolonged, fairly balanced battle.
So what if he don't know what he is doing. That is what a demo is for to figure out how to play the game. Its people like you that don't help people that spoil's the game for everyone else.**** (By the way i am 20 so don't even go there.)

princecaspian4
20th Jan 2007, 02:57
everybody is new to the game, just be patient, and if someone can't figure out how to do something, just help them, it is annoying when you have a bunch of people who don't know what they are doing, but eventually everyone will figure it out

Dutch Jester
20th Jan 2007, 04:04
You also have to realize also that alot of those idiots are about 12 - 16 years old.

hey that hurt my feelings im 13 and im not an idiot:rasp:
jk dont get mad at me

chip5541
20th Jan 2007, 04:20

Thats why I said alot, not all ;) :lmao:

Dutch Jester
20th Jan 2007, 04:59
ya but its fun messing with people:rasp: and making :rasp:

m t freestyler
20th Jan 2007, 06:16
the people that are 13-16 and didnt follow the game through all the vids and tulagi dont know wat their doing but the get annoyed and stop playing so i can see the bright side of this, thiers no morons:D

colonelklink
20th Jan 2007, 07:44
im not saying that it is all young kids who are screwing up the games but i keep getting one or two people per server who are all "this game sucks, #%^ you guys" and then do something stupid. Plus i have been very willing to help people if they ask for it but most of the time they dont care

Tzmir
20th Jan 2007, 09:10
i know what you mean. specially the dude controlling the battleship shipyard and only makes destroyers, while the enemy dont have any subs.

20th Jan 2007, 10:20

hahah indeed considering i dont have the demo yet :lmao:

andy3536
20th Jan 2007, 11:32
You must remember that many of the people who leave is either because they are encountering freezing problems or they have have just lost there last unit!
As for the comments about idiot beginners remember everyone has to start somewhere, mabee some of you should be asking them if they want any help?

20th Jan 2007, 12:03
You must remember that many of the people who leave is either because they are encountering freezing problems or they have have just lost there last unit!
As for the comments about idiot beginners remember everyone has to start somewhere, mabee some of you should be asking them if they want any help?

now there an idea, help people guys, even if they are 13 years old :rasp: help dont start shouting at them to do stuff if its thier first game, that what will but people off mp, gamers taking it too seriously have fun, oh yes here a lil quick story ( sorry to off topic :rasp:)

I went to my friends house who has a xbox 360 (yay) and he downloaded BS:M and i had a 5 minute shot of the demo it was very fun i suppose, i was trying to figure out the controls and somehow i sent my bb crashing into my online allies carrier, he seemed "annoyed" to say the least but had sense of humour :lmao: i cant remember who they were, anyway to make up i gave him 2 bb and left my friend with a dd :lol:, see thats online gaming having a laugh and enjoying the game.

And honestly having an in-game ranking system would be nice, to see my stats etc, but i think there will be too many gamers taking it too far having screaming fits if you harm their units in the slightest way and making their stats go down etc. And when the pc demo comes out, if anyone think they are good enough to vs me :rasp: *cough* chip *cough* ( maybe if xbox 360 -ians and pc-ians can vs each other with vista)

I will b trying to have fun while playing, any insults that start towards each team ill just leave ( or if i am hosting) end the game.

My Long Words of Wisdom
M L W o W

aha :thumbsup:

and just to say, i am not saying any members of this forum shout insults and whatnot, its just you dont know who you are playing against

imported_Swing_Dangler
20th Jan 2007, 13:28
Well for right now, we as experienced gamers ought to help out the newbs just so they don't drop out so soon. I was in a 1v1 with some young punk. He had no idea about combining arms to ensure victory. I swooped in with my recon/fighter cover, brought my torpedos in low, and at the same time had him dealing with my naval vessels. One of his carriers were made short work of. After realizing he was getting beat, he booted me. He made a voice appology later saying it was an accident. Now in order to boot someone you have to go through several steps so it was not an accident.

One problem, how do you tell if someone drops out because of a discon or some other non-nefarious reason? Or if they do have to leave, at least letting their team know via voice comms or some other means. I had to leave the other day, on day one of release because the wife and kids got home early. I appologized to my team and let them know. The response was positive.

Anyway back to the solution:

When the final game comes out, and we all start joining groups for play, that will help. But once we do, we should try to get a sticky thread started here to list players who boot you because they are loosing or quit for the same reason.

Sticky Thread-Quitters

Avoid playing with the following people:
blah blah blah

Pharseer
20th Jan 2007, 15:16
hey that hurt my feelings im 13 and im not an idiot:rasp:
jk dont get mad at me

Yea I can vouch for Dutch Jester, and Damaged Soldier, we had some fun in the demo, and they didn't quit either! They were both mature regardless of their ages.....

Yes I am over 25 years old lol.

There was one guy who took his/our naval units and moved them off the map. THEN he disconnected leaving our team down by the four ships he sent off:(

Some people just have to be jerks regardless of age.:(

captainkolak
20th Jan 2007, 16:54
I agree, and that usually spoils the game. As long people dont say this is a bad game just because there are some idiots runnin around bein lunatics. :p

andy3536
20th Jan 2007, 19:48
There are always some idiots in every game.
The thing that really annoys me is when you are beating the host and they close the game session just because they are loosing?
Have taken to hosting my own game's now, i don't take myself as seriosly as some. Even when you are left in a no win situation you can always enjoy youself trying to make life difficult for your opponent!

Liberaror45
20th Jan 2007, 19:55

That was definitely a generalization. There are also many players that would try to do their best to play the game that are those ages too, me being one of them.

OperationPhoenix
20th Jan 2007, 20:34
Hogaaannn!!

OperationPhoenix
20th Jan 2007, 20:38
I dont think age has anything to do with it..Im not sure if there was a tutorial included in the demo or not,but sheesh cut some people some slack here.

You cant really expect people to hop into a game with ZERO exp. playing and then expect them to be freakin Chester Nimitz from the get go.

Iron Sound
20th Jan 2007, 21:15
I'm 400 years old, never get anything wrong, and know every game control inside out, even before a demo is released.

As for the noob-ish behaviour (by the sounds of it, I'm a soon-to-be PC player here), that will be filtered out as the player base becomes more concentrated with regular users.

Right now, everyone wants a go because it's a great looking (and playing!) game that has been marketed well. So some tolerance of non-godly creatures is necessary.

Digby5000
20th Jan 2007, 23:51
im not saying that it is all young kids who are screwing up the games but i keep getting one or two people per server who are all "this game sucks, #%^ you guys" and then do something stupid. Plus i have been very willing to help people if they ask for it but most of the time they dont care

The retail copy should do a good job of separating the jackasses from the people who want to play the game the way it was intended. Those that don't like it and are using the demo to ruin eveyone elses fun will have to pay $60 do continue to do so. Another reason to get excited for the retail copy!

Dutch Jester
20th Jan 2007, 23:55
:rasp:
now there an idea, help people guys, even if they are 13 years old :rasp:

you said "even ifthey are 13"
im 13 that hurts my feelings:( ,why cant you guys just say "young people" that wont hurt my feelings!!!:rasp:
im jk but seriously say "young people" or "immature youngsters"

Boultby
21st Jan 2007, 00:28
So what if he don't know what he is doing. That is what a demo is for to figure out how to play the game. Its people like you that don't help people that spoil's the game for everyone else.**** (By the way i am 20 so don't even go there.)

here here, that has got to be the truest thing i have read in this topic. i didnt realise what i was doing the first time i played it, but my mate helped me, and now me and him have great 2 on 2 battles (we do 2 on 2 because then we can private chat, instead of having people just sending their units into battle to get killed, so that we lose)

i am only 16, yet i sound 18-19 and i play games for fun, not solely to win, because that brings out the worst in people :D

21st Jan 2007, 02:16
:rasp:
you said "even ifthey are 13"
im 13 that hurts my feelings:( ,why cant you guys just say "young people" that wont hurt my feelings!!!:rasp:
im jk but seriously say "young people" or "immature youngsters"

no no you got me all wrong there, i meant help everyone even if they are 13, as some gamer will ignore younger gamers :rasp:

i didnt mean any offence :D

chip5541
21st Jan 2007, 06:55
if anyone think they are good enough to vs me :rasp: *cough* chip *cough* ( maybe if xbox 360 -ians and pc-ians can vs each other with vista)

Sorry I didnt get back to you sooner. Picked up a Wii on Friday and I am soo freakin sore. Anyhoo... I will conquer all with my destroyer :nut:

chip5541
21st Jan 2007, 07:06
That was definitely a generalization. There are also many players that would try to do their best to play the game that are those ages too, me being one of them.

Of course and I understand that. I am sure there are 50 and 60 year olds out there going "0M6! 7h15 64m3 5ux5! H4|0 Ru|z!" :lmao:

I know there are alot of younger people out there that enjoy the demo (and some post here too) that is why I said alot and not most or a majority. I guess I should amend and say that those that complain about the game and don't understand the controls generally have the attention span of a knat. :whistle: :lmao:

DarthMoron99
21st Jan 2007, 08:51
Put me into the under-16-and-loving-it crowd, however I am occasionally locking up/freezing and leaving the game. Sorry if I left on anyone's games, it wasn't my fault.

21st Jan 2007, 10:52
attention span of a knat. :whistle: :lmao:

WHAT THE HELL IS A KNAT :eek::nut: :scratch:

chip5541
21st Jan 2007, 11:34
oops! I meant gnat. I was doing work the same time I was typing trying to get caught up on the postings.... and work:nut:

21st Jan 2007, 11:48
oops! I meant gnat. I was doing work the same time I was typing trying to get caught up on the postings.... and work:nut:

whats a gnat? :lol: honestly i dont know

*UPDATE*
search google :rasp: Any of various small, biting, two-winged flies, such as a punkie or black fly.

[DF]Panzershrek
25th Jan 2007, 10:00

You also have to realize idiots are just about everyone, and everyone, has the right to play the game and learn it. That does not make them idiots to me, but worthy adversaries later on.

Besides, whats wrong with giving pointers to someone who doe'snt know in the first place? Good teamwork and good team building does not come from a lost patience or a lack of tolerance, nor exploitation or humility. It all boils down to a willingness to cooperate and work toward a common goal with which no member is better then the next, but an equal, each with his own purpose.

My Own Personal Aside: Besides, most of those 12-16 year olds are the ones screaming at everybody else to learn the game before you play or quit and are haplessly refusing to help they're teammates who might infact be capable of turning the battle if kindly taught.

Cpt.sharp
25th Jan 2007, 10:54
what i recomend is if you start up a game, name it somthing like Midway and use a password like battle.

now everyone on the forums will know this game will be played by people who have followed the game on the forums.

(i dont know how the Xbox works so i dont know if you can do this with the 360)

generalsilverstone
25th Jan 2007, 11:13
im 15 and i think that people are allowed to moan and hell its iratating but it is a fre world. it is depressing to see people complain about my age group and say we quit every time a unit is destroyed. i have only quit twice before the end of a battle or before ive become a spectator and both times were because i had dinner and couldnt avoid it. i only quit when i become a spectator because i find watching other people boring.

ravem
25th Jan 2007, 12:18
I'm not sure how you think a new player will learn the game without playing.

They aren't the idiots, but people that make posts like this one may be.

OperationPhoenix
25th Jan 2007, 16:45
Exactly Ravem..I mean the only thing that anyone has really played is a single level DEMO for petes sakes,now everyone is starting to get this elitist attitude already.

Sure there are going to be asshats everywhere thats just life in general.But for crying out loud,let the game sink in a bit.

Steel42
25th Jan 2007, 16:49

I find this interesting you titled this "Idiots without a clue", yet the very thing you are asking for is able to be done.

You can make private games, and send game invites from your friends list. Just add people you like to play with as a friend, and avoid playing with inexperienced players if you so wish to do that.

l SouTH PaW l
25th Jan 2007, 17:01
and chip, i am in fact 15 years old and consider my self a mature, intelligent gamer, its only some 14-16 year olds who spoil things

Hey, small world. I'm also that age and I consider myself mature and intelligent. I can't stand people that figure we must be small and incompitent if we are only of that age. I probably got better strategies than some people 3 years my age.

colonelklink
25th Jan 2007, 17:04
first of all - ive tried to create games where i have private slots and invite a friend but regular people were still allowed to join the game even though i had made private slots. So either its buggy and doesnt work or it wont work until the final release version.

and second of all im not calling people who dont know how to play idiots or even young kids. I have no problem with 13 yr old kids as long as they dont act like jackasses (this goes for anyone of any age) The people this thread is complaining about is people who know what they are doing but cause problems regardless. For example, if you know how to play but still decide that the best technique would be to ignore or swear at your teammates while only building 1 ship because you dont think you will need more. Then you have everyone telling them to build another but they continue to say they wont need it. All the while, the enemy fleet is attacking your shipyards because of one players incompetence.

I have no problem with helping new players learn the controls but its the jackasses that ruin games on purpose that piss me off. I did not mean to offend anyone on this forum.

25th Jan 2007, 17:09
If you happy and you know it, Clap your hands *clap* *clap* . If your happy and you know it clap your hands *clap* *clap*

If you're happy and you know it and you really wanna show it, clap your hands *clap* *clap*

Just though it would put a smile on some faces :D

Starbuck5
25th Jan 2007, 18:57
This will all take care of itself if after the game comes out. The Trueskill matchmaking does a good job for the most part and will match up players of equal skill levels.

Also, for new players there is no instruction manual (for the demo). I don't care if you have a list of control functions...that doesn't fully help you play the game. I struggled a little bit my self when I first started but it was actually the games amazing detail that sucked me in and now I am a much more experienced player (although I still have much to learn). If it weren't for the demo I would not be buying this game or even be on this forum.

The point is...you can only learn strategy by playing the game. Knowing that left trigger cycles through the available weapons doesn't really help....it is the strategy that makes this game what it is. Everyone has to start somewhere.

hammer4172
25th Jan 2007, 19:07
Guys not only is it new but there is no guide to use. I just happened to stumble over here and joined the forum.

If you dont have a game with serious people then you will and should expect to have quitters/dumb play/noob play/gang up play. I played a game where I was the only one left for Japan. BB at the airstrip and they were just shooting planes as they took off. 4 on 1, now what fun is that for them?

I think as the serious community grows you will have plenty of opportunity to play will serious players. Just be patient, release is next week.

ScottWAR
25th Jan 2007, 19:45
Sorry I didnt get back to you sooner. Picked up a Wii on Friday and I am soo freakin sore. Anyhoo... I will conquer all with my destroyer :nut:

ROFL, as a wii owner I KNOW what you mean by sore......... damn boxing..........Take heart, you will get to where you dont get sore at all playing with your wii.

OperationPhoenix
25th Jan 2007, 20:22
Remember people..this is Only a game.

l SouTH PaW l
25th Jan 2007, 21:14
But at the same time, it's so much more...

AdmiralSparky
8th Apr 2007, 19:42
I am 14, and am not one of those trash-talking idiots. However, it is easy to have 1 person like that ruin your game. Also, don't take personal offense if they didn't address you directly. You can realize how they may be inclined to not be as welcoming to people of our age group because of the idiots out there who don't bother doing the tutorial and learning the basics. Also, it doesn't help with a lot of people swearing everytime their plane gets shot down by AA. These types of games attract calm and anger prone people. If you encounter a person like that, write down their GT so that when they join you can leave.

The Admiral

Armistead
9th Apr 2007, 03:18
Don't play Solomons, unless your with a loaded group already. I do take the
time to help noobs, we all should from time to time. Often I find myself barking orders at the beginig of each map when I know it's full of noobs.

Something that helps is having TS or ICQ, where you can get a room of players on and know who is where. Host have a right to kick people until they get the group they want. I get kicked sometimes from people doing this, but you should tell them.

MY son is 8 and plays and obvious noob, just wants to fly around. He will use my login usually, instead of his...so I'm sure some think I'm a noob, but I could care less. Not that he even pays attention to those that are cussing him the whole game. I will try and find him a game full of noobs, but I was surprised watching him how people were about to go ape**** over his playing.

Most people don[t quit, they get booted, lose connections, ect. So many complain about people leaving, but most do not choose too.

Dogmeatz
9th Apr 2007, 05:21
I know every has to learn...... But !

With the difficulty of getting a game up and going, the least new people can do is read what is typed by there team m8's, when they have no idea.

If it takes 30 minutes to find enough players (im aussie so pings a prob for lots) and when you finally start the newbie with the CV"s decides not to launch any planes but instead go for a club med cruise to wards the enemy BB's, stuff wasting every1 Else's time ... I make no excuses they get the KICK treatment from this host. ****

Least sum1 new can do is open options before game and look at the Controls needed :mad2: Learning to read and type wouldn't hurt either lol.

EDIT: i dont equate newbie idiots with age, maybe there is a larger proportion in a certain age demographic, but young ens can be just as good gamers as fogeys imo, its the attitude not the age that counts.

Dave2000
9th Apr 2007, 14:32
If you encounter a person like that, write down their GT so that when they join you can leave.

lmao!

cooljason94
9th Apr 2007, 14:37
I think what everyone is forgetting about is the naval academy. If everybody,regardless of age ,would take the time to go through the training session then i think it would alleviate alot of "noobs" from ruing the online experience. I think the majority of "idiots" are just people that have just rented the game for the weekend and are in a hurry to get in on the action. I have played many a game where someone has come out up front and said I dont know what i'm doing. I dont mind helping these people at all,It's the people who don't say anything at all and you find out once the game starts that they don't have a clue that annoy me.And when i host and its painfuly obvious that they don't know what they're doing i;e not launching planes,building destroyers instead ob battleships that i will kick.

Rabidflyer
9th Apr 2007, 14:45
I think what everyone is forgetting about is the naval academy. If everybody,regardless of age ,would take the time to go through the training session then i think it would alleviate alot of "noobs" from ruing the online experience. I think the majority of "idiots" are just people that have just rented the game for the weekend and are in a hurry to get in on the action. I have played many a game where someone has come out up front and said I dont know what i'm doing. I dont mind helping these people at all,It's the people who don't say anything at all and you find out once the game starts that they don't have a clue that annoy me.And when i host and its painfuly obvious that they don't know what they're doing i;e not launching planes,building destroyers instead ob battleships that i will kick.I personally think that online should be locked till the naval academy is completrd.

cooljason94
9th Apr 2007, 14:56
I personally think that online should be locked till the naval academy is completrd.

Exactly!! If they want us to be patient with them to learn the game they should have the patience themselves to go through the academy and learn the game instead of us patiently waiting for them to drag us down in a battle.