PDA

View Full Version : A booting prob.

xgamerms999
19th Jan 2007, 23:25
There is a problem with bootin. You can get booted, aparently, u can get booted durin a match, I got booted cause I didn't like their stratagy!:mad2: :scratch: :mad2: In the full version, u need to fix in game booting. But keep it for the lobbies.

colonelklink
19th Jan 2007, 23:41
i understand why that would be annoying but.....
perhaps they could have a vote system because ive been attacked by my own team before in which case it would be nice to be able to kick some one out of the server

Latka
20th Jan 2007, 00:36
There is a problem with bootin. You can get booted, aparently, u can get booted durin a match, I got booted cause I didn't like their stratagy!:mad2: :scratch: :mad2: In the full version, u need to fix in game booting. But keep it for the lobbies.

I think there has to be some functionality for "booting" a player left in. Unfortunately there are too many "griefers" out there that would ruin it for everyone once they learned they could effectively hold a group hostage by destroying the units they were in control of.

Capt:.Cavan
20th Jan 2007, 00:45
I think there has to be some functionality for "booting" a player left in. Unfortunately there are too many "griefers" out there that would ruin it for everyone once they learned they could effectively hold a group hostage by destroying the units they were in control of.

great point there, If someone was being a complete, shall we say noob :mad2: and started destroying allied units what else would you do. or maybe i suppose the dev team could make a report sheet for unfair booting ect/ :rasp:

Dutch Jester
20th Jan 2007, 02:50
i understand why that would be annoying but.....
perhaps they could have a vote system because ive been attacked by my own team before in which case it would be nice to be able to kick some one out of the server

ya same here *cough* speen *cough*:rasp:

m t freestyler
20th Jan 2007, 06:10
all you need to do is be nice and pretend that your doing their stratagies

Shamrock
20th Jan 2007, 16:46
Yes this could be a problem. I saw the host boot another teammate because he lost his Airbase. So he kicked some poor sap out the game and took over his shipyard.:rasp:

I think you need to find a happy medium hear though. You still need a way to kick people in player matches in case they team kill or walk away from the TV etc. But I think it should be voting or something.

Malaki
20th Jan 2007, 17:12
In the full version, u need to fix in game booting. But keep it for the lobbies.

No No No!!!

theres to many idiots that attack their own in-game, being able to boot someone in game is mandatory!

chip5541
21st Jan 2007, 06:30
yeah. I had someone comeup beside me and my BB only to hit my ship with a spread of torps. I was not happy :mad2:

Boultby
21st Jan 2007, 12:58
one problem i have had with the booting is with both me and my friend.

we both went into a 2 vs 2 match(one of the opponents was host) expecting a good match, at the start they seemed to know what they were doing, but after taking down their aircraft carriers, they started to get aggitated, this was obvious as they just aimlessly started sailing their ships to our island, and not attacking.

about 5 minutes later, as we was destroying their shipyard with dive bombing, we got kicked, both of us :mad2:

this really pi****ed us off, as this shows that n00bs being host is NOT a good combination for a game that involves strategy.

Malaki
21st Jan 2007, 14:09
its for this reason that i ALWAYS host

Boultby
21st Jan 2007, 21:56
i agree, at least if you are host then people on the other team are aware of it before, so if their team-,ates are being jerk-offs then they can message you, asking for you to "quietly remove the player"from the game with minimum fuss, allowing a good strategic air and naval battle to commence, and hopefully with it becoming too close to call, so that you get a rush of adrenaline and become immersed into a state of panic as the game swings slowly in your opponents favour, before obliterating them and becoming victorious.

i told you i don't speak like a 16 year old :D:D

Chewbie Man
21st Jan 2007, 22:01
I think to be able to boot someone, there should be a vote.

If the player is attacking team allied units, obviously the majority vote will assumedly be to vote him.

But if the host is unitless and wants some, he can't just boot someone else and take their units, and even more so I doubt the vote would grant him such an ability.

PrimaryParadox
22nd Jan 2007, 18:24
I think that most booting problems are the result of ppl getting annoyed that people do not listen to the host. I play with a buddy of mine and nobody listens to the host at all we have to tell ppl 6 - 7 times how to select their side and get ready but they still dont follow instructions i know we have had to boot countless number of ppl who do not follow instructions....i think ppl need to start listening to the HOST cus their the ones that controll the booting power

xgamerms999
22nd Jan 2007, 19:10
I think ppl need to start listening to the HOST cus their the ones that controll the booting power
But what if the host is bein dumb, like this one guy kicked me cause I didn't agree with his strategy.

PrimaryParadox
22nd Jan 2007, 19:36
well in that case u would need to leave bad feedback and file a complaint through xbox live....now i can tell u the feedback system on the 360 dosent wrk as OXM has tested it but at least the numbers would b there for complaints other than that theres nothing u can do.....id also like to point out that widespread booting happens on all games so this one is no diff....i think that the host powers should stay where they are...otherwise if they went to a voting system 90% of the time ppl arent even talking in the lobby so how can u have a voting system when most of ur team cant even hear u....what really needs to b done to fix it is to get on microsofts back about enforcing complaints against players that are acting unfairly or abusing the previlages