PDA

View Full Version : Torpedoes

Lochar
19th Jan 2007, 09:42
I asked this in the dev question b4 demo but now for the life of me I cant figure out how to get more.

My subs become hulks because I have used up there torps and cant get anymore, I tried moving back to a base but nothing.

Was this left out of demo? Will regular game have set torps and once gone you may as well have the sub get toasted?

I had a decent run last game with my sub but base got bombed and so all I had was a moving metal. Hehe dont tghink didnt try ramming and coming up under the enemy but I even tried to park it in my allies docks to see if that helps.

BTW, torpedoes automatically head up and stay close to surface, does this mean no sub battles unless both are at periscope depth?

andy3536
19th Jan 2007, 14:11
I asked this in the dev question b4 demo but now for the life of me I cant figure out how to get more.

My subs become hulks because I have used up there torps and cant get anymore, I tried moving back to a base but nothing.

Was this left out of demo? Will regular game have set torps and once gone you may as well have the sub get toasted?

I had a decent run last game with my sub but base got bombed and so all I had was a moving metal. Hehe dont tghink didnt try ramming and coming up under the enemy but I even tried to park it in my allies docks to see if that helps.

BTW, torpedoes automatically head up and stay close to surface, does this mean no sub battles unless both are at periscope depth?

You could always sneak round the back of the island and start shelling a hanger! It does take a while with a sub though. Did manage to take out both shipyards before i was spotted(Don't think people were paying much attention to the map so early after it went live)

Lochar
19th Jan 2007, 22:55
Yeah thought about that but my aa wasnt working for some reason and my measly gun didnt do much dmg.

But this means torps are a 1 time use and once exhausted no way to replenish?

I can the balance reason of this but still planes can rearm,ships unlimited ammo, subs main strength is its torps and sneakiness, remove 1 or the other and they arent fun.

xgamerms999
19th Jan 2007, 23:30
Also how do u give units? I have read other posts, but when I tried, it wouldn't work.:mad2: Any surgestions would be appressiated.:D

colonelklink
19th Jan 2007, 23:36
you go into the map, and select one of your ships that you arent currently using then click the left analog stick and it will show a list of the players on your team, select which player you want to give the unit to and hit A

andy3536
20th Jan 2007, 11:47
you go into the map, and select one of your ships that you arent currently using then click the left analog stick and it will show a list of the players on your team, select which player you want to give the unit to and hit A

Great piece of info :thumbsup: