PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Question

Dark Tiger
19th Jan 2007, 00:19
Are the pc players going to be able to play against people who are using their x-box online?
If so that would be pretty cool:cool:

ShadowFox_55
19th Jan 2007, 23:06
that would be awesome:lmao: :D

xgamerms999
19th Jan 2007, 23:33
Also how do u give units? I have read other posts, but when I tried, it wouldn't work. Any surgestions would be appressiated.

Latka
20th Jan 2007, 00:34
Are the pc players going to be able to play against people who are using their x-box online?
If so that would be pretty cool:cool:

I read somewhere that those using Vista would be able to. That's pretty cool for the PC group.

Capt:.Cavan
20th Jan 2007, 00:50
seriously people use the frickin search engine, the amount of new people creating new threads for topics :rasp: that have already been discussed, jeezo people should get warnings

Maybach
20th Jan 2007, 02:19
Also how do u give units? I have read other posts, but when I tried, it wouldn't work. Any surgestions would be appressiated.

Suprisingly, alot of people don't know how to give their teammates units. It's simply done. First, you have to access the map screen and then move your cursor over the unit that you want to transfer. After that you click down on the left thumbstick and a menu will pop up showing the names of your teammates. Simply click the player you want to give the unit to and viola.

Malaki
20th Jan 2007, 17:32
cross-platform gaming is the worst idea to be concieved!

any console that gets stuck with the PC is screwed....MODS/HACKS e.t.c

best example of this..FFXI

Boultby
21st Jan 2007, 01:04
cross-platform gaming is the worst idea to be concieved!

any console that gets stuck with the PC is screwed....MODS/HACKS e.t.c

best example of this..FFXI

its not really a bad idea, because it would actually be good talking to people on the PC, but then again if you think about it, it could be classed as the worst idea in gaming history, because no matter how good people say they are with the PC controls, the xbox 360 users will always have an advantage

Malaki
21st Jan 2007, 14:12
use MSN if you want to talk to someone on the PC, Xbox Live should stay XBOX Live and not just LIVE, and if they do intergrate Cross platform gaming like theyre going to, they should put an option to disallow PC players in your room, if something like this isnt implemented then alot of people will drop live, me included

Dark Tiger
21st Jan 2007, 17:54
its not really a bad idea, because it would actually be good talking to people on the PC, but then again if you think about it, it could be classed as the worst idea in gaming history, because no matter how good people say they are with the PC controls, the xbox 360 users will always have an advantage

I was thinking the other way around that the pc players would have the advantage. But i'm sure in the beta edition if a company ever came out with something as cool as this that they could quickly change the weapon's accuracy or power in order to even out gameplay.
I personally think it would be cool to play against my friends who play x box while using my pc because they aren't good at pc and I'm bad at xbox. So cross platforms would make any online game better since all the people could play in their element (platform). Therefore making the game funner and selling more copies.:)

FireFrost
22nd Jan 2007, 19:25

It's a two-fold problem. First person shooters especially should NOT be allowed cross-platform multiplayer support. The gamepad is no match for keyboard/mouse combo.

With a game like Battlestations however, there should be no advantage either way. Microsoft will _HAVE_ to ensure cross-platform support is balanced of course. Things like mods, scalable graphics settings etc. which are usually exclusive to PC must not have an impact on gameplay that would give one platform an advantage over the other. It's all about balance, and MS must be aware of the potential fallout this could cause if that isn't addressed...