PDA

View Full Version : Freezing

fantasticlees
18th Jan 2007, 17:52
dont mean to bring doom and gloom on the day of demo launch but ive tried about 10 times to play and each time my screen freezes in the game.ive even tried hosting once. it may be because im in england trying to play with americans or it may be because my connection isnt that fast though it still gives 2 yellows when i play americans at r6vegas and plays okish. any suggestions please or are there any brits out there who will play me either 1v1 or a small number so i can see if it will work?

Simonkey75
18th Jan 2007, 18:01
What's your Gamertag mate? I'll be online in around half an hour and I can try inviting you to a game, see if you still have the same issue.

Keir
18th Jan 2007, 18:02
Thanks for the post. I've noticed a few people saying something similar so this is useful info. I'm relaying it back to the the producer and dev team :thumbsup:

If I hear anything I'll let you know.

chip5541
18th Jan 2007, 18:06
Are you using your mic?

fantasticlees
18th Jan 2007, 18:07
hi my gamertag is fantasticlees. ill log back on and await a request :) though im goin out at 8pm and will be back in at 1030pm to try again. also thanks Keir, i look forward to hearing from you. also yes i have been using my mic

chip5541
18th Jan 2007, 18:09
Try it without. I am getting ready to do that to see what happens.

kesah
18th Jan 2007, 18:14
I've tried joining a couple games myself, and I have found it mostly unplayable. Every couple seconds it would pause for a second or so. Made flying impossible.

Also my 360 just froze for the first time ever when I hit quick match. The propeller spun for a few minutes, then it just locked up. :(

Simonkey75
18th Jan 2007, 18:15
Try it without. I am getting ready to do that to see what happens.

Is that why so few people seem to be talking before and during the matches today?

Digby5000
18th Jan 2007, 18:22
dont mean to bring doom and gloom on the day of demo launch but ive tried about 10 times to play and each time my screen freezes in the game.ive even tried hosting once. it may be because im in england trying to play with americans or it may be because my connection isnt that fast though it still gives 2 yellows when i play americans at r6vegas and plays okish. any suggestions please or are there any brits out there who will play me either 1v1 or a small number so i can see if it will work?

I played this morning at about 6:30 EST and had zero issues. No lag or freezes on a 4vs4.

Capt:.Cavan
18th Jan 2007, 18:42
I've noticed a few people saying something similar so this is useful info. I'm relaying it back to the the producer and dev team :thumbsup:

If I hear anything I'll let you know.

oh dear dont tell me theres a problem with the xbox demo :eek:

:whistle:

chip5541
18th Jan 2007, 18:43
I had one real laggy game but that could be atribuated to the host or his connection. Every other game I have played has been pretty much lag free.

The issue with the mic maybe why but at this point I can't use a mic for any game. I need to contact MS.

fantasticlees
18th Jan 2007, 18:44
ok ive just been in a couple of 1v1 matches and there was no freezing- i have no idea what nationality those i was playing with were as they didnt talk. simonkey75 i was in one of those matches when you invited me and by time i quit out and selected accept invite from the b:m exit screen it just went to dashboard-presume youd launched but thanks for invite anyway.
ok update, ive just played a 3v3 with Simonkey75, a uk guy hosting and i didnt encounter any lag or freezing but the other side had a player quit out so not sure if they were experiencing anything on the other side.

chip5541
18th Jan 2007, 20:11
So not using the mic has made a difference?

fantasticlees
18th Jan 2007, 21:52
i carried on using the mic chip. so far for the success the only difference has been a uk guy hosted and played a 3v3 instead of 4v4. despite the problems ive had, after playin a demo game without freezing, i think this game is brill and will definitely be ordering it

takevin
18th Jan 2007, 21:52
i used a mic, 4 on4 np :D

chip5541
18th Jan 2007, 21:54
I talked to MS and so now I have to send in my mic for a replacement

andy3536
18th Jan 2007, 22:36
I always atart my own game and use the mike. never had a freezing issue. the only prob is when people that are loosing leave early!
Anyone having trouble might want to try hosting a game?

fantasticlees
18th Jan 2007, 23:48
i did try hosting a game and it froze up early in game. played another 3v3 with uk host(edit no actually was a 4v4)-no problems but tried some more 4v4 with american hostsand had the freezing problem again. its not like a long lag, its an actual nothing works freeze where if i press the eject nothing happens screen remains frozen where normally id go to dashboard.

colonelklink
19th Jan 2007, 02:02
ive had a problem with occasionally getting a "Connection Lost" screen and it also tends to freeze if im browsing around the battle results and the host exits the server, i dont know if there is any way to fix this but i figure it may be able to help the dev team get the bugs out

Latka
19th Jan 2007, 02:15
Man I'm frustrated right now.

Downloaded the demo. Started demo (without mic attached). Selected a team, ready'd up - 4v4... game loading screen and got to the first 10th of a second of the actual game and got the "checkerboard of death" on my screen. XBOX locked up. Restarted. 3 red lights of death. Oh boy... (sigh) - this is my 2nd Xbox360 so far. So - unplugged everything, restarted. Powered down. Unplugged peripherals, restarted. Plugged the peripherals back in. Went back into the game. Joined a game (mic in this time). - same lockup.

I tried various combos of being on wireless, going wired to the router, etc. Everything gives me a lockup on the loading screen.

Very frustrating after having waited so long for this game! :mad2:

Going to try to host my own game and see what happens.

-Andy

(edit)

Hosted my own game 1v1. After 49 minutes I started to figure out what the hell was going on. Hahaha... :) The standard plane axis controls wanted to make me puke...I pulled "back" on the stick expecting to see the nose go up - and the damn thing goes into a dive. (grabs barf bag) Couldn't change it while in the game so I had to switch to naval combat. That was fun. Going to eat some dinner and try agian.

Lochar
19th Jan 2007, 07:16
The only 2-3 times I froze is when someone ends the session after game over, then I lock up, its almost like once match is over you needs to exit fast becuae if you stop to smell the roses of the stats you get stuck when the host closes.

Fun demo tho, way easier being ship captain than pilot tho and AA on those joysticks is murder..:)

a67ssrs
19th Jan 2007, 08:15
I've lurked on these forums since the first trailer became available on Live. Kinda glad I didn't know about this game 4 years ago, the suspense would have killed me.
This game is simply awesome. :cool: The level of control, the graphics, the attention to detail...I can't wait to get more unit types to control, and try some of the single player campaign (which I hope will have online co-op).
On topic, I haven't been able to finish a 4v4 match yet. Xbox freezes up hard. 3v3 has been quite laggy, 2v2 and less, np, except that I have had myself or opponent get the "connection lost" message a couple times. I have finished approx. half of the ~15 matches I've played... I'm so glad there was a demo for this game so they can hopefully address these problems before launch.
I have to agree with the non-inverted plane controls, silly stuff, but a quick trip to the settings-> controls fixes that. Beware you have to fix controls every time you start the demo up.

Simonkey75
21st Jan 2007, 12:45
Sad to say I've now experienced the freezing problem (no mic attached by the way) when joining other hosts games. Game starts, and while I can look around I cannot issue instructions to my vessels or get them to move. Quitting the game seems to be the only way to leave, and have twice had to restart XBox to exit. No problems yet when I am hosting, whatever the numbers of players. Think this may well be why we saee so many players quit early. Bit of a worry, really.:(

Update: freezing issue now so bad cannot finish a game, and Xbox has locked up several times. Mic attachment makes no difference. Don't understand and am getting a bit frustrated and worried by it. Can happen at any point in game, not just loading screen. All other Live enabled games tickedy boo. Sorry to harp on about this but if it is a coding issue, I'm sure developers would want it brought to their attention and addressed before rlease. Off to try another couple of hours this am.