PDA

View Full Version : New HD Trailer

kwintone
17th Jan 2007, 00:14
New HD game trailer at GameTrailer.com, plus a new pin-up:D

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=2642

xIGuNDoCIx
17th Jan 2007, 00:21
Yeah I saw that after I posted, funny we were only a minute apart!

Dyn
17th Jan 2007, 00:26
nice,
hope the full version is 100% with all presentations, eidos shown us :)

maelstrom90
17th Jan 2007, 02:16
Some of the water effects are bit dissapointign like when the sub submerges
kinda just gos under the layer of the water without any noticeable ripple

princecaspian4
17th Jan 2007, 02:55
Some of the water effects are bit dissapointign like when the sub submerges
kinda just gos under the layer of the water without any noticeable ripple

no, it does have some effect, not much, but you can see the wake caused by the conning tower and other things, it isn't much, but as for it going under "without any noticeable ripple", you can see something, not much but something,

m t freestyler
17th Jan 2007, 06:38
it was a little under worked but it didnt show when it all went under and what wake it makes then

Bdaggers
17th Jan 2007, 07:51
Thanks Kwintone

kwintone
17th Jan 2007, 16:19
it was a little under worked but it didnt show when it all went under and what wake it makes then

***disclaimer, not trying to be rude here

i think that so many people are "nit-picking" the graphics because they do not understand the concept of the game. this game has so many things going at one time that obviously parts of the graphics had to be sacrificed. in this specific case i would agree with you if this game was a sub simulation, but it's not. from reading the multitude of previews for this game there is one common thread. WHEN PLAYING THIS GAME YOU WILL HAVE YOUR HANDS FULL. almost everyone who has had some time playing the game said they were exteremly busy going from one thing to the next. for us fans it's easy to point out negative things regarding graphics because we just keep watching trailers and gameplay videos over and over and stare at the graphics because we aren't playing the game. but for what this game is i believe that the graphics are extremely good. the water and sky look great, in fact some of the screenshots are some of the best ocean/sky shots i've seen in a video game (at least for consoles).

okay, sorry about the rant. i just keep hearing about how they didn't include this or that, and it's not realistic because they didn't factor in this......

kwintone
17th Jan 2007, 16:28
here is a comparison, first pic is B|M and second is MS Flight Sim X (chosen because it is one of the best flight sims with relatively similar image setup).

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r53/kwintone/lancaster.jpg

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r53/kwintone/Midway.jpg

Speen88
17th Jan 2007, 18:28
i think the graphics are great.Especially for all the on screen action.

MotorbreathX
17th Jan 2007, 18:32
I do like the water and the reflections better on FSX but am totally fine with how Battlestations looks. I just want a great game!

princecaspian4
17th Jan 2007, 22:26
your right, people's constant nit-picking was getting annoying, i think the graphics look fine, also some of the shots that they have in the videos, we will never see in a real game, i doubt that we will ever see a shot of a sub going down from that angle, maybe it looks better from a different angle, and once you are playing the game, you won't notice the graphics

Alpha Wolfgang
17th Jan 2007, 22:33
the only graphics ill pay attention to is that zero i just shot down.

Admiral_Jack_Fletcher
17th Jan 2007, 23:21
ill take slightly less detail in graphics so im able to control that extra squadron of vals anyday!:D

kwintone
18th Jan 2007, 00:20
ill take slightly less detail in graphics so im able to control that extra squadron of vals anyday!:D

my thoughts exactly. man i can't wait for this game.:nut: