PDA

View Full Version : New Anniversary Theme tune

Haagen dazs
15th Jan 2007, 16:34
Here's hoping this hasn't been posted yet!

The one that was actually released to the communities was slightly different to the theme actually playing on the official Tomb Raider website. The difference being that the official one was much more up beat and quite a bit shorter than the one that was handed out.

It seems that quite a lot of the fans actually prefer the more up-beat version. It’s actually available for download on www.tombraideranniversary.com now

mrcube
15th Jan 2007, 17:17
Yeah, it's nice, but I have to admit, I think I prefer the older version, reminds me more of the original TR. Both are nice though, its just good to here the old riff in a new mix, something that hasn't happened for a while.

Still say they should do another mix with the voilins and 'Arhs' then put all 3 versions in the game, in different places. And they need to have the original theme in there somewhere.

Anyway, thanks for posting!

Haagen dazs
15th Jan 2007, 17:42
After hearing the Legend theme tune I had my doubts about this one for the Anniversary game, but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with it. However I do agree that it really does need the ambient feel of the original with the 'Arhs' and such.

Originally I had hoped that they would use the entire original score from Tomb Raider 1 in the anniversary game, but I think I'd be happy with new music and some old ones in there somewhere. I'm glad to hear that music will only be played in the important parts of the game rather than all the way through like Legend.

You're welcome

_mil
17th Jan 2007, 08:19
HOTNESS! Thanks mr dan!

Download as i type :D

jgxenite
20th Jan 2007, 12:28
Not wanting to put a downer on this, but the new tune is just a sped up version of the one that has been around for the moment. Going into technical mode (lol), the original tune is at a frequency of 32000Hz. I believe the normal for music is 44100Hz. If you use an audio program like Audacity, and alter the original frequency to that of the normal frequency, you will find that you have magically created the "sped up" version of the tune.

James

imported_Mark_
20th Jan 2007, 13:28
Thanks, Dan! I like this version better. :)

Rusty_DK
23rd Jan 2007, 07:25
Not wanting to put a downer on this, but the new tune is just a sped up version of the one that has been around for the moment. Going into technical mode (lol), the original tune is at a frequency of 32000Hz. I believe the normal for music is 44100Hz. If you use an audio program like Audacity, and alter the original frequency to that of the normal frequency, you will find that you have magically created the "sped up" version of the tune.

James

hehe yeah being a DJ i picked up on it, but didnt wanna say anything cause I felt bad ruining it for everyone else :whistle:

mrcube
23rd Jan 2007, 20:11
Arhh Well, what can you do :rolleyes: It still sounds different from the original version, lol.

After hearing the Legend theme tune I had my doubts about this one for the Anniversary game....

I have to confess, I actually liked the Legend theme tune, especially once it got about a minute into it. I thought it had quite a good feel and atmosphere. Music wasn't something worrying me. I still say they should include the orignal TR1 Theme in there somewhere.

ditom
23rd Jan 2007, 20:22
Nice website but I have my favourite.
Thanks anyway.

hummingbird87
21st Feb 2008, 03:02
I think the sped up one is so much better. I cant believe eidos took it of the internet. I thinks its so much more mysterious and cool sounding. It sounds like its from a movie. Its the reason I bought the game initially.

I hope it becomes availble somewhere. Can anyone tell me where i can find the sped up version o the theme?