PDA

View Full Version : Bolder Chasing Lara (africa)

linghi7
14th Jan 2007, 08:40
I know it sounds dumb but when the bolder chases Lara after Water Goddess business and a shot comes up of Lara doing an action and u are supposed to press the correct keys to correspond to that action... well i dont know which keys it is .....i tried the ones i thought it was but have had no success... can anyone help who has done this part..(which im sure most of u have)....thanks

aussie500
14th Jan 2007, 13:21
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=64458

You have to run from the boulder and not get squished, nothing to do with pressing particular buttons, unless you mean the jump button to make her jump and the roll button to make Lara roll under one of the obstacles

rabid metro
14th Jan 2007, 16:15
I know it sounds dumb but when the bolder chases Lara after Water Goddess business and a shot comes up of Lara doing an action and u are supposed to press the correct keys to correspond to that action... well i dont know which keys it is .....i tried the ones i thought it was but have had no success... can anyone help who has done this part..(which im sure most of u have)....thanks

the buttons to press during "action sequences" are indicated on-screen. the only one that isn't completely obvious is the "joystick forward" symbol. however, i don't think you are referring to a true "action sequence" here. (this is all from memory, i haven't played since september, sigh ...) in africa, you get the boulder dash challenge after passing two spinning/travelling blades challenges. you need to respond quickly when/if the action returns to you and then your actions are "jump over obstacle on the right", "run under obstacle on the left", "run forward" and "jump the gap". if you jump the gap before the boulder catches up to you then you'll trigger one of various cutscenes that show that you escaped the boulder.

my wish for you: three health packs and a fully loaded shotgun.

linghi7
15th Jan 2007, 01:28
Yes, the action sequence does appear on screen she is jumping right with guns blazing (sorta diving) i presume u use right arrow and jump key but that didnt work.
I tried to go forward and jump right but then got hit by bolder before i could do it.... thought u had to follow the "action sequence" when it appears....?

linghi7
15th Jan 2007, 02:25
You are right i jumped (finally correctly) over pole on right but got caught by bolder before getting under obstacle on left.... is it a roll on the left that u use ...?

aussie500
15th Jan 2007, 04:49
Pretty sure it is, but you should have had plenty of time. Make sure Lara goes down the right side of the corridor, then all you have to do is go forward and jump once you get control back, then go left and roll under the next one. You should be able to tell from looking at the obstacle what you will need to press, jump or roll. Do not forget to jump over the gap

BassViper
30th Jan 2007, 19:22
You don't really have to go right or left on anything

Just do an "F" key somersault under the barriers and then jump the pit. It DOES work, it's how I did it, even tho it looks not possible from the outset.

Once you get over the jumped pit, the cutout will automatically jump Laura out of the way and the boulder will roll off a cliff.

Took me 20 tries to figure this one out. The break in the barrier and the mad dash right then left is a waste of time. Just roll under the whole mess and keep running then jump the pit.

One of the hardest escape puzzles in the game and I sympathize with all who have gotten there.

Best of luck, and hope this helps.