PDA

View Full Version : Lexington carrier

LT ROBERT COLE
14th Jan 2007, 06:37
http://www.uiqo.com/games/battlestationsmidway/screenshots_hud_02.html on the top right picture it says lexington class does that mean its the USS Lexington aircraft carrier i hope it is that carrier is only 30 minutes away from were i live now they turned it into a museam.

InsaneHunter
14th Jan 2007, 07:53
No, that's the other Lexington.

Beastttt
14th Jan 2007, 08:03
In WW2 at the battle of Midway the Lexington was the only American carrier sunk in that battle
she had been damaged in the battle of the coral sea and was put back to battle readiness after 3 days in port
she left port with civilians still onboard but they were off ship before the battle

http://www.uiqo.com/games/battlestationsmidway/screenshots_hud_02.html on the top right picture it says lexington class does that mean its the USS Lexington aircraft carrier i hope it is that carrier is only 30 minutes away from were i live now they turned it into a museam.

andy3536
14th Jan 2007, 10:38
In WW2 at the battle of Midway the Lexington was the only American carrier sunk in that battle
she had been damaged in the battle of the coral sea and was put back to battle readiness after 3 days in port
she left port with civilians still onboard but they were off ship before the battle

Your mixed up, it wasn't the lexington but the yorktown sunk at midway.

TONYY
14th Jan 2007, 11:10
The Lexigton was sunk, but not sure which battle it was. Also, I live in Corpus Christi where the Lexington is. Have not seen it since i was like 13 would be nice to check it out again. I also know there is a battle ship on I think I-10 in alabama not sure exactly where tho. Seen it a couple times driving to Florida would be nice to check that out as well.

andy3536
14th Jan 2007, 12:21
The Lexigton was sunk, but not sure which battle it was. Also, I live in Corpus Christi where the Lexington is. Have not seen it since i was like 13 would be nice to check it out again. I also know there is a battle ship on I think I-10 in alabama not sure exactly where tho. Seen it a couple times driving to Florida would be nice to check that out as well.

The lexington CV-2 was sank 8th may 42 at the battle of the coral sea.
Although a later carrier was also called lexington CV-16, first action was september 43 at tarowa

LT ROBERT COLE
14th Jan 2007, 15:27
All i know about it is that it was sunk twice and the japs called it the blue ghost cause it keapt comming back. I took a tour of it last summer some pretty cool stuff.

Sciurida
14th Jan 2007, 15:54
Where do you live? can we see the carrier on google earth?

LT ROBERT COLE
14th Jan 2007, 16:20
I live in Rockport Texas and the carrier is located in Corpus Christi Texas u might be able to see the lex on google earth.

LT ROBERT COLE
14th Jan 2007, 16:27
Yes you can see the lexington and some people on it and all the planes on display on it. If you have google earth go to the sout east side and zoom in until it shows corpus then just keap it on the eadge of the land and water and you will see the carrier.

Beastttt
14th Jan 2007, 18:19
your right my bad but then she was sunk at the battle of the Coral Sea(looked it up)
is the game covering that battle also?
otherwise she should not be in the game

Your mixed up, it wasn't the lexington but the yorktown sunk at midway.

princecaspian4
14th Jan 2007, 19:58
your right my bad but then she was sunk at the battle of the Coral Sea(looked it up)
is the game covering that battle also?
otherwise she should not be in the game

yes, the battle of the coral sea happened just before midway, IGN has a preview where they played the coral sea mission (here is the preview (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/754/754174p1.html))

LT ROBERT COLE
15th Jan 2007, 02:54
its gana be weird seeing the lexington sink on that mission since I drive by the lexington like once a week and ive been on it 4 times.

princecaspian4
15th Jan 2007, 02:58
its gana be weird seeing the lexington sink on that mission since I drive by the lexington like once a week and ive been on it 4 times.

different lexington

LT ROBERT COLE
15th Jan 2007, 03:01
No i belive its the same lexington that gets sunk in that mission its the only carrier called the uss lexington that i know of and the lexington has been sunk twice during the pacific war.

InsaneHunter
15th Jan 2007, 03:19
No i belive its the same lexington that gets sunk in that mission its the only carrier called the uss lexington that i know of and the lexington has been sunk twice during the pacific war.

The Lexington that survived the war was an Essex class aircraft carrier. The one sunk by the Japanese was the first Lexington class aircraft carrier.

princecaspian4
15th Jan 2007, 04:42

there were 2 carriers called USS Lexington, the first one CV-2 was sunk at the battle of the coral sea, the second Lexington CV-16, fought the rest of the pacific war and is now a museum in Corpus Cristi here is a link to where i found this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uss_lexington

m t freestyler
15th Jan 2007, 06:26
just search it up your self and stop arguing unless you no that you are right 100%

andy3536
15th Jan 2007, 17:44

This as well as being wrong was coverd earlyer in this post, you should read all the posts on a subject before commenting****
http://www.history.navy.mil/danfs/l/lexington.htm This will tell you all you need to know about the uss lexington, all 5. (2 carriers)

hragarand
15th Jan 2007, 19:02
Google link here

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=corpus+christi,+tx&ie=UTF8&z=19&ll=27.815311,-97.389252&spn=0.001407,0.002991&t=k&om=1

CAPTelmo
15th Jan 2007, 20:45
Why the heck don't they just think up a different flippin name? Heck if they'd sunk it once, I don't think I'd want to sail in it! Not like there aren't plenty of cool names out there for ships is it?!

USS Elmo... hmm nice ring to it.

LT ROBERT COLE
15th Jan 2007, 21:46
:lol: i just got served oh well im more into the european theater killing krauts is fun.

princecaspian4
15th Jan 2007, 21:49
Why the heck don't they just think up a different flippin name? Heck if they'd sunk it once, I don't think I'd want to sail in it! Not like there aren't plenty of cool names out there for ships is it?!

i see your point, but i think they had more pressing matters (like fighting a war) then making up new and cool names for ships