PDA

View Full Version : Bolivia - Part 7

odar
14th Jan 2007, 05:57
OK... so I ranted and raved and got through to the top, now I know this is dumb but how does Lara get to the other side without the bridge being bombed from under her.. I've tried like 11 times already and am getting real tired of hearing the speil before the game actually starts. Is there any hints etc on how to pass this level?:mad2:

Naga
14th Jan 2007, 07:49
Just run for it and jump over the two gaps. Just skip the cutscene if you dont want to watch it.

aussie500
14th Jan 2007, 13:27
Make sure to keep you finger on the jump button on the final jump or she will miss it

rabid metro
14th Jan 2007, 19:44
OK... so I ranted and raved and got through to the top, now I know this is dumb but how does Lara get to the other side without the bridge being bombed from under her.. I've tried like 11 times already and am getting real tired of hearing the speil before the game actually starts. Is there any hints etc on how to pass this level?:mad2:

... the funny thing, to me, about TR7, is that when I first played through, it was challenging and then after i was successful, it seemed way to easy to replay. from memory, ... i think my time trial for this level is about 7 minutes ...

in any case, a thick skin and an open eye are advised. when i got stuck at various places, i would resort to "what are the (different) actions that I can possibly try?" on the assumption that i might not be doing something that the game really wanted me to do... and maybe i couldn't obviously see it.

however, finding the gold secrets, was different and really took some reflection, for me. this was the only level where i couldn't figure out the gold secret ...

okay, ... on topic:
you won't be able to keep the bridge from being blown away from under your feet, soo ... don't just stand there! quickly, run across and jump over the gaps as necessary (long jumping if necessary). if you underestimate your jumps you may not get across. you can also possibly overrun the optimal jump point and then endup running into the gap.

... expect a shootout once you get across. :whistle:

... and yes, it is a shame (flaw?) that there aren't more convenient checkpoints!