PDA

View Full Version : Is there a console for Thief Deadly Shadows?

JT3
13th Jan 2007, 20:05
I was wondering if there was a console, and one other thing!

I updated the manual to cheat ( I have completed the game ) and the only way they work is if I start a mission with the difficulty section enabled. It never works for the city, pavelock, the docks, keeper library etc.

Is there a way to do any of above?

Chiefdreams
4th Feb 2007, 13:08
I haven't been here for awhile but unless it's changed, this place and everyone in it HATES cheating and the offender gets dragged behind Burricks.

theBlackman
5th Feb 2007, 03:23
The places you mention are locked in the low difficulty. They never, and cannot be changed. Unless you are great at reverse engineering and rewriting code.

And, in my not humble opinion, the only thing cheats do it cheat the user. If the mental process required to play a game as it is is beyond your capability, then the game *whatever game or level* is beyond your level of maturity.

kelticpete
2nd Jul 2007, 04:25
I have played some games without any cheats. some games i have played with cheats.

I played oblivion as a fighter type. I had to cheat code in a million potions. there is no subtlety to fighting, I was doing it right.

my problem? I did not A) use alchemy B) use marksman c) i hated to haul loot alll the way from the oblivion gate BACK to a town. every time i killed a daedric dude I could make alot of money selling his gear. But that would mean leaving the gate. I am not sure if that was even possible, now that i think about it. even with feather potions, I could not carry half the loot. so i cheated

when I played as a mage, I needed ZERO cheats. i used magic to heal, and wore no armor or just a little light armor.

I played call of chtulhu. poorly designed game. In many sections, I read of people who died FOURTY times before surviving. that is just boring. by that point, it has ceased to be immersive or plot driven, and has become about mechanical prowess.

some games match mechanical prowess and gameplay well without cheats: like the zelda series.

also, I notice that in some games, people will cheat code alittle leaving the game on a normal setting, when they could have the same results without cheats on an easier setting.

I want a cheat for thief for a very good reason: I saved my money and by chapter 8, had full set of ammo. So when I went to cradle, I would have had a n easy time killing them. but my stupid game crashes, so I have to totally skip chapter 8, and goto the cradle. The only savegame I found was wynd's and he has no cash and no fire or gas arrows. I don't want to stealth around the bad guys...I want to STEALTH KILL the bad guys. I would love to cheat code in some arrows..CAUSE THAT IS WHAT I EARNED.

sigh.

Chiefdreams
2nd Jul 2007, 14:26
The places you mention are locked in the low difficulty. They never, and cannot be changed. Unless you are great at reverse engineering and rewriting code.

And, in my not humble opinion, the only thing cheats do it cheat the user. If the mental process required to play a game as it is is beyond your capability, then the game *whatever game or level* is beyond your level of maturity.

You are the man! Well said.

Komag
2nd Jul 2007, 15:12
I'll cheat on occasion if I'm just not having fun with something frustrating. Like when I played SS2, I used the "weapons degrade less" cheat so that my shotgun wouldn't break after three shots (rediculous). If I'm stuck on a puzzle I'll give it a good try, but then I'll just google the answer rather than go back and comb the whole world for the one little thing I missed earlier. Stuff like that.