PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Form Square

NICKG
13th Jan 2007, 09:11
Just started, (Mac version) practising with the "Quick Games" that are just battles. The column and line formations work, but the 'Square' formation is blacked out...so infantry are wiped out by cavalry. The key control for square does not work either. Is this right?

Stanislav II
13th Jan 2007, 09:51
You have to get to a particular point in research to form the square. It is not researchable until era 2.

NICKG
13th Jan 2007, 09:56
Thanks,
I thought the "Quick Games" were standalone and take place outside the main game scenarios.

What you're saying is that one can only play full quick battles after progressing in the main game?

Another question: Is there a way to change the direction that a unit faces. I have tried dragging the mouse around but nothing happens.

Stanislav II
13th Jan 2007, 10:32
Sorry my dude, quick games I know nothing about.

To move an army (before the battle) left click and HOLD and then move it to its desired location.

Mike_B
13th Jan 2007, 17:44
I believe in quick battles you can choose wether you want square formation or not, make sure you have it checked on.

Thanks,
Another question: Is there a way to change the direction that a unit faces. I have tried dragging the mouse around but nothing happens.

If I remember well you need to right click and drag into the direction you want.

NICKG
14th Jan 2007, 20:38
but where can you "have it checked" on?

ytareh
14th Jan 2007, 23:17
Its one of the things/skills you have to buy when setting up your units....

NICKG
15th Jan 2007, 17:16
Thanks very much ytareh! I found the boxes to "check" when setting up my troops, paying for other extra abilities (difficult to read) and forming squares. Never noticed them before.:o

I also found, on the Mac, that you can make a formation change the direction they face by right clicking AND pressing the alt/option key.