PDA

View Full Version : Ghana - Statue With Metallic Hands

linghi7
13th Jan 2007, 05:47
does anyone know how to jump on he rotating wheel to get to the statue with metallic hands ? Once u jump on the plate the hands close and wheel rotates twice.. do u jump when the wheel is flat or upright... i cant get the timing of it.... anyone done it out there ....?:::confused:

Terminatorvs
13th Jan 2007, 08:56
Place a cube on one plate, then step on the other. Wait for it to rotate twice. Step off it and wait until it's half-way through. When it's about to rotate to the final point - jump on it and then to the platform where the statue is.

linghi7
13th Jan 2007, 23:02
Ok but do you jump on it when its flat or when its at its highest point....

aussie500
14th Jan 2007, 00:58
You jump when it is just past the highest point, keep forward pressed so she does not slide of before you can jump to the platform with the statue

linghi7
14th Jan 2007, 06:22
Screen shows a movement u need to perform for Lara to get out of way of bolder (in Africa) she seems to be diving right but i press right cursor and jump key and it is not correct... anyone know what this movement is ? cant seem to locate in the manual..... thankx:confused:

Lunideth
14th Jan 2007, 09:44
Screen shows a movement u need to perform for Lara to get out of way of bolder (in Africa) she seems to be diving right but i press right cursor and jump key and it is not correct... anyone know what this movement is ? cant seem to locate in the manual..... thankx:confused:

If you mean blue icon of lara thae it mean that you have to run away from boulder

linghi7
14th Jan 2007, 10:03
Yes but forward or backward or sideward. It shows her in the air shooting... i dont really get it.....i tried running forward that didnt work....

Lunideth
14th Jan 2007, 10:14
Yes but forward or backward or sideward. It shows her in the air shooting... i dont really get it.....i tried running forward that didnt work....

Well you have to run forward. Idea is to run from boulder so it wont squish lara. If it is really, really, really hard and you are really, really, really furstrated i could make video how to run from it.

aussie500
14th Jan 2007, 13:18
Blue icon only means action is required, same as in the scene in Peru when Lara was running from fluffy, and Bolivia when you were crossing the bridge. All you have to do is get past the obstacles without getting squished. Camera gives you a perfect view so there is no excuse not to know what to do, it just takes practice. Also making sure Lara goes down the right hand side of the corridor before the boulder appears helps, l have not played the game for ages so cannot remember all the moves, she will have to roll under one and jump over another l think, then jump over the gap. It really should not be that hard, and the boulder is that slow Lara could almost stop and have afternoon tea while waiting for it to get close enough to be a danger

linghi7
15th Jan 2007, 04:55
Could u make video to show me how to run from bolder?
I try Stuckgamer but site is too busy to d/load video to see.

I can get past the first pole but cant get the roll to the left right....any help is much appreciated as i have tried it heaps and heaps and still cant do it !

rabid metro
15th Jan 2007, 06:57
asking for help from Lunideth:

Could u make video to show me how to run from bolder?

that's awesome .. a video driveby ... who needs paper walkthroughs.

i once planned on making an ~4 hour video of Legend gameplay, showing all secrets and my strategies, etc., but i got cold feet after completing ghana and thinking about copyrights and stuff.

oh yes, ... the topic ...

after clearing the "swiping blades" obstacle courses, calm your nerves before ...

you run upstairs, around the corner and then downstairs (staying close to the rightside wall is better) when Lara gets a feeling that something is wrong. OMG, its a boulder coming straight for you. this will get your pulse rate up but you need to stay cool and react quickly when you get the "blue angel", which simply means "its now your turn to RUN!". the timing here is fairly tight (on the PS2). when you are back in control, the idea is to clear the two obstacles and outrun the boulder (obviously). :mad2:

so, you run forward and jump over the first obstacle on the right (you've done a similar move earlier in the level). already being aligned on the rightside of the passage will save precious time!

without stopping, you must now reach the second obstacle which is on the leftside of the passageway. actually running to the left (or jumping left) will lose precious time, resulting in the boulder catching you ... squish!

you should run diagonally towards the obstacle and roll under it (again, you've done this sequence earlier in the level, albeit without the pressure of a boulder chasing you!). if you want to minimally make up some time then roll towards the second obstacle and then roll under it, hee hee.

the boulder is now almost on you, so you need to continue to act coolly and quickly: run forward and jump the gap! (again, if you want to minimally make up some time then roll forward and at the last moment, jump the gap).

sideways movement will cost you time, so try to keep running (or rolling) forward. i think you need to jump the gap somewhere near the middle of the passageway (as opposed to the left or right sides). if you start your jump with the boulder sufficiently behind you then a cutscene (btw, not unique) will show your death-defying escape. you can relax for a moment after the cutscene (to let your pulse rate return to normal and wipe the sweat off your palms).

after this, look around. the view is nice (ahem, cough, hint, ;) :whistle: ) and the way forward in the story will be fairly obvious (but nonetheless challenging to execute the first time through). hang in there, hee hee ...

stock up on healthpacks, if possible ... its a jungle in there ...

they say that there are no secrets to following the beaten path ... :rolleyes:

linghi7
15th Jan 2007, 20:40
Thanks for the very detailed explanation. So running sideways u dont use the lft arrow key (PC) but forward key? is that what u mean.... how do u run diagonal using the forward key...? i dunno i keep getting squashed on the running to the left business... i tried rolling but again i got squashed..... dunno

aussie500
15th Jan 2007, 21:29
When playing on the PC a gamepad will make the game much easier and enjoyable, otherwise you should be using the keys on the left side of the keyboard for movement so you can control the camera with the mouse. The movement keys are WASD, keep your finger on W and press A and she will go left.You can change the movement keys to some other configuration if you prefer, but stay on the left side of the keyboard so you have your right hand free to use the camera. l would recommend you get a gaming pad though if you are having so much trouble with the keyboard controls, it will also give you much better movement control

linghi7
16th Jan 2007, 04:00
Thanks for that i will give it a go then...

linghi7
17th Jan 2007, 02:01
I still cant do it ! I got the jump over the 1st obstacle ok but again the veering left and rolling i always get squashed.... i dont know what i am doing wrong! there just doesnt seem enough time.....:mad2:

linghi7
24th Jan 2007, 05:20
Anything else I can do to get past here ?????:mad2:

RuumTaedor
24th Jan 2007, 16:26
One small thing you can try is instead of jumping over the first obstacle, try rolling through it. It might seem strange, but it can be done. This would give you a few milliseconds more to tackle the next obstacle on the left.

BassViper
31st Jan 2007, 17:40
You can roll under both of them then just jump the pit.

You get a cutout then where she ducks the boulder automatically and it rolls off a cliff just past the doorway out.

BassViper
31st Jan 2007, 17:43
As far as the statue with the metallic arms is concerned, after you place the box on the far pus push pad, go back to the first one, step on it to open the locks, then step off, let the platform rotate to it's original position, then run/jump back to the middle and grapple/pull the center. There's still time to do all this before the locks re-engage. The whole mechanism then provides the way out and return to the spear room, now operating.

linghi7
17th Feb 2007, 00:53
Anyone know how to use the blue circle grapple overhead... silly question i know... but i cant remember
how to use it... do u jump and arrow forward (that doesnt work).....:rolleyes: