SB Audigy 2 ZS
WinXP 32bit

Lunideth
11th Jan 2007, 06:53
Do you use crack?
Is game patched to 1.2?

blackdave
11th Jan 2007, 07:01
Game is patched to 1.2 - Not using any sort of crack - Playing with original DVD in drive. It's really strange I managed to play for a few seconds after the Kazachstan level was loaded. I jumped down the cliff opened the parachute and then it crashed again :( Now it crashes right away after the game is loaded.

I downloaded a save game with all the levels completed so I can skip this level and continue playing but that's not a solution :(

Every other level is working just fine, It's really strange.

Lunideth
11th Jan 2007, 07:10
Game is patched to 1.2 - Not using any sort of crack - Playing with original DVD in drive. It's really strange I managed to play for a few seconds after the Kazachstan level was loaded. I jumped down the cliff opened the parachute and then it crashed again :( Now it crashes right away after the game is loaded.

I downloaded a save game with all the levels completed so I can skip this level and continue playing but that's not a solution :(

Every other level is working just fine, It's really strange.

Try to reinstall game. And after uninstalling it you should run CCleaner, and after that install it again.

Astara
11th Jan 2007, 09:48
Maybe the game file is corrupt. Perhaps if you (1) try playing from some "save-point" in the previous level it might circumvent the problem? Just a guess. Don't know why it would be corrupt though.

Do I understand that if you (2) load the downloaded, completed "save game" file, you still can't go to that level without crashing?

If that's the case, sounds more like one or more files associated with that level may be corrupt. In which case, (3) reinstalling like Lunideth suggests would be a good idea. Then try 1 & 2, above, again.
If things are still broken, I suppose it is possible:nut: that the corruption is on the DVD.

If you still have problems at this point, it might be good to see if your game installation files are the same as ours (i.e. anyone who doesn't have the problem). The easiest check would be to do some type of comparison of some checksum (md5sum, sha1sum). There may be a windows version, but I don't know of one -- I use "cygwin" (cygwin.org). The "sum" programs are installed in cygwin's base install.

Beyond that, I can't think of too much that would only affect 1 level, there are things that might possibly affect things, but very unlikely to only affect 1 level. Things like:

- DEP status
- other programs that may be running (virus scanning, FRAPS (video dumper), etc...).
- WinXP patches (assuming you have SP2 and fairly up-to-date patches).
- Then it starts getting even more 'random'/grasping at less likely options like trying different display and video options (like turning off next-gen, other ops, changing screen resolution). Confining TRL to one cpu by using the "set-affinity" option in sysinternal's process-explorer.
- I seem to remember one person had trouble with a specific soundcard
But these things are unlikely to affect only 1 level.

What is the windows error, BTW?
Good luck...
A*a