PDA

View Full Version : Thief: TDP

ZC_Someone
10th Jan 2007, 16:52
I bought Thief: TDP & TMA on one double sided DVD (EXTRA VALUE 2 GREAT GAMES version by Sold-Out software). I can play TMA using safe_texture_manager fix, but I want to play TDP first. But I have problem with textures: Direct 3D Device does not accurately report texture memory usage.
So I tried the solution that is given on
http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75031#texturememory
and tried to use the
Thief: The Dark Project v1.33 Direct3D Texture Error Fix.
Which is in fact fixed THIEF.EXE. But when I copy it into game directory I can't start the game because I get the message: Please insert the CD into the CD drive while CD/DVD (what ever it is) is inside the CD drive (DVD drive actually). I tried the NO-CD Patch from gamecopyworld.com but it does nothing.
Can anyone help me?

AMD 64 3200+ socket AM2
ASUS M2n-SLI Deluxe
1GB DDR2
ASUS GeForce EN7600GT
driver version nVIDIA ForceWare 84.21

ZC_Someone
10th Jan 2007, 22:03
never mind, I solved the problem

theBlackman
12th Jan 2007, 07:46
never mind, I solved the problem

How? Someone else might need the information. Anytime you solve a problem please tell the forum how you did it. With the multitude of systems out there, any "Tweak" or "Fix" is vital information to future users.

Thanks.

I'm glad you got it. :thumbsup:

Orpheus
15th Jan 2007, 23:46
I'm having exactly the same problem as the OP. Sadly im not smart enough to figure out a fix...anyone got any ideas?

BrokenArts
16th Jan 2007, 01:16
Orpheus, welcome. For starters, check out this thread at our sister site. TTLG
It may have some information to help you.

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75031

If you *still* haven't figured out what is going on, come back, tell us your spec's of your computer, and what is going on, we'll take it from there, and try to get you going. Good luck!

Orpheus
16th Jan 2007, 11:31
No luck over at TTLG although they have been helpful with the Thief 2 nVidia driver fix.

My systems a:

AthlonXP 3000+
Geforce 6800GS (Forceware 93.71)
1Gb RAM
Windows XP Pro(SP2)
Thief: TDP v1.33

The problems exactly the same as the OP, a clean install boots up Thief into its menu screen fine. Without cutscenes but thats a different issue. However i get the nVidia cannot calculate texture memory error whenever i start a game. I grabbed the fixed .exe from ttlg but after overwritting the THIEF.exe with it. I get a CD missing error whenever I try to run it. I've had a look at the install.cfg and the sold out version seems to have a cd_path that points to my game directory. I changed this to my DVD-ROM drive but no dice there, the disk still can't be found.

Rikaja
2nd Feb 2007, 15:55
Please so how can we fix this problem
The CD is still missing. How to solve that.....please

Peter_Smith
2nd Feb 2007, 20:39
As for getting Thief TDP or Gold to run with recent Nvidia drivers, see the TTLG FAQ thread mentioned by Broken Arts. That has a section on the safe texture manager issue. Within that section it mentions some revised EXE's that solve the texture problem for T1. That is what I use, and it works for me.

As for the missing CD problem, I am not exactly sure how the sold out version is set up and how that relates to the replacement EXE. I think it may have something to do with editing the install.cfg file so it points to the right drive letter. I am not sure about that. Back up the install.cfg file and give it a try.