PDA

View Full Version : I Dare Keir

alex109211
9th Jan 2007, 09:20
I dare Keir too release more info on the subs! I dont know what with, ...but i still dare 'im!?!?:rasp:

Keir
9th Jan 2007, 09:28
What sort of thing would you like to know, and if I don't know I'll try and find out :)

damdanger
9th Jan 2007, 10:03
im kinda curious if what options there is to kill em besides depth charges, if not it seems like they will be real hard to kill

chip5541
9th Jan 2007, 10:07
They were hard to find to kill but they also had limited ammo.

damdanger
9th Jan 2007, 10:08
very true, but a couple hits from torpedos could be very devastating

chip5541
9th Jan 2007, 10:10
yup! and 1 hit from a shell or depth charge could really put a damper on your day. :rasp:

OperationPhoenix
9th Jan 2007, 10:13
HAH like some bubbleheads will tell you,there are only two types of naval vessels,subs and targets :rasp:

Bossman
9th Jan 2007, 10:16
Subs are quite rare and so they aren't a big problem. To destroy them you need to use your destroyer's depth charges or you can also equip your airplanes with depth charges and let them sink the sub.

OperationPhoenix
9th Jan 2007, 10:19
there were also underwater mines and submarine netting that would really make for a bad day.

alex109211
9th Jan 2007, 11:20
Ha HA, I knew that get ya, U won. I mainly want too know how deep do they roughly go, and what happens down there eg get alot darker, pressure etc? Also what happens when you surface? -does all the water break impressively around you etc? There. Im a bit of a trivial nosey bastard!;)

Keir
9th Jan 2007, 12:34
When submerged the sub can only really be destroyed by depth charges, by running out of air or by incurring damage by being below regulation depth. However, it is possible for one sub to torpedo another sub when under the water, although extremely difficult.

There aren't any mines.

There are 3 submerged levels that a sub can be at. As the sub dives the environment gets darker and at the lowest depth level the sub will incur pressure damage to the hull.

When a sub breaks the surface the water is disturbed and the wake becomes evident.

HD Man
9th Jan 2007, 15:18
Is there any videos of subs in action? If not, I would REALLY like to see one...

alex109211
9th Jan 2007, 17:54
Thanks mate youve outdone yourself. I dare u NO more. Your free to go. No no no dont u dare!!:) :)

Deadpreacher
9th Jan 2007, 20:08
Is there any videos of subs in action? If not, I would REALLY like to see one...

I been asking for this since the start! I would like to see a video of Subs and ways to kill the Subs. Just anything and everything dealing with the Subs really. It's my weapon of choose!

I'm kind of hopen there in SP and MP mustly MP that there is a match up for the teams. Say subs and destoryers and nothing else. 4 subs and 4 destoryers a team i think would make for some great MP action! I'm sure it will never happen, but one can hope even if its only one map that supports it. Still wish the host had control over what vechiles enter the map and is even for over both sides.

Crazy Nut BE
9th Jan 2007, 20:47
I hope they made sure that people can't just hide their last sub on the edge of the map in a deathmatch so you can't kill them. Because that would ruin the game.:scratch:

Divine_Wind
9th Jan 2007, 21:12
However, it is possible for one sub to torpedo another sub when under the water, although extremely difficult.

I'm saying it right now - people will master this in XBL very quickly.

Thanks, Keir, keep the good stuff coming!

Alpha Wolfgang
9th Jan 2007, 21:16
when theres a sub spotted ill be the first to arrive there with my depth charge on my plane right away... along with about 11 other planes, so yeah, subs beware.

Deadpreacher
9th Jan 2007, 22:39
when theres a sub spotted ill be the first to arrive there with my depth charge on my plane right away... along with about 11 other planes, so yeah, subs beware.

LOL good come and find me :rasp:

Hope the AA guns on the subs work well!

ShadowFox_55
9th Jan 2007, 23:51
with all this talk of depth charges dropped from planes if a charge was dropped in front of a surface ship so it detonated just under the hull as the ship passed over how much damage would it do compared to a torp.?

Lochar
10th Jan 2007, 00:25
since your answering questions about subs...

if you can die from no oxygen, can you do emergency surface?

Do depth charges need to have a depth set to explode? Or will they auto detonate at same depth of sub if close?

Are there shallow waters a sub cant dive in?

Any scenic underwater views or just water?

Will periscope work like binoculars?

princecaspian4
10th Jan 2007, 00:48
When submerged the sub can only really be destroyed by depth charges, by running out of air or by incurring damage by being below regulation depth. However, it is possible for one sub to torpedo another sub when under the water, although extremely difficult.

There aren't any mines.

There are 3 submerged levels that a sub can be at. As the sub dives the environment gets darker and at the lowest depth level the sub will incur pressure damage to the hull.

When a sub breaks the surface the water is disturbed and the wake becomes evident.

about how long can you stay underwater before you run out of oxygen? will depth effect the rate at which oxygen is used up? also a while ago, you said that enemy sonar couldn't detect your sub when it is at the deepest depth (where you take damage from the water pressure), about how long could you stay down at that depth, could you stay down long enough to escape from your enemy without detection?

imnotcanadian
10th Jan 2007, 01:00
And will you know if an enemy destroyer,or other ship with sonar,is pinging you?

princecaspian4
10th Jan 2007, 01:15
And will you know if an enemy destroyer,or other ship with sonar,is pinging you?

i think he answered this earlier, i think he said that when you have been detected you will be able to hear the pings

here i found it, he said
"At most depth levels except the deepest, a ship with radar [i think he meant sonar] will detect an enemy sub when it’s within range. The pinging noise indicates to the user controlling the sub that they’re being tracked from above i.e. their sub has been detected. "

imnotcanadian
10th Jan 2007, 01:58
oic,thanks for that tidbit of info.

xgamerms999
11th Jan 2007, 23:44
are there any sub videos??

princecaspian4
12th Jan 2007, 05:12
are there any sub videos??

there is one new video that has some clips of subs, but it isn't that much

m t freestyler
15th Jan 2007, 06:05
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.p...pe=wmv&pl=game
the vid has some subs in it and a little bit of dogfighting but the main thing is you can hear the pinging noises!:D

warhawk21114
15th Jan 2007, 07:09
I would like to know if all torps are in the front of the subs as some subs had rear tubes during the war as that would alter my tactics.