PDA

View Full Version : question for Keir regarding release.

ma1746@juno.com
8th Jan 2007, 17:02
Keir, can you confirm the release date for battlestations midway as January 30th in the united states? Thank you

Keir
8th Jan 2007, 17:23
I just spoke to the person that is managing this, and I've been told that I should be able to give a concrete release date soon - hopefully tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.

chip5541
8th Jan 2007, 17:40
It better. I got it preordered.

Damaged Soldier
8th Jan 2007, 17:50

Pushy Pushy :eek:

ma1746@juno.com
8th Jan 2007, 19:06
Thank you Keir. So i guess the "press release" all the gaming websites received must not have been a hundred percent accurate then if their is still no decided date. According to sites such as ign, and gamespot, the concrete release date is Jan 30th 2007, and has been since mid december.

Crazy Nut BE
8th Jan 2007, 19:27
Yea my local game retailer tells me the game will be out the 9th of february, but I'm in Europe.

knoxville11
8th Jan 2007, 19:56

im with him..

ma1746@juno.com
9th Jan 2007, 02:55
If their is no concrete release date as of yet, how can you explain this?
Taken from www.ign.com
Battlestations: Midway Gets Dated
Battle your way across the Pacific Rim this January.

December 18, 2006 - Today, Eidos announced that it will be shipping the large-scale nautical-warfare simulator, Battlestations: Midway, to North American retailers on January 30, 2007. The game will be available for the Xbox 360 and the PC.

alex109211
9th Jan 2007, 03:33
yeah that would be great knowing the american release but what about the rest of the world! Hello, weve been waiting just as long as them.
Pre-ordered 3 copies and waitin.........:whistle:

chip5541
9th Jan 2007, 06:47
weve been waiting just as long as them.

I don't think so. I don't think anyone has been waiting as long as me. :rasp:

Keir
9th Jan 2007, 15:20
OK, as has been stated on here and published on external sites, the official release date for the US is January 30th.

I'm awaiting confirmation of the release date for other territories which I've been told I'll have this week. You can expect this date to be a few days later.

I'll hopefully have some more news on the demo later this afternoon.

dezenutz
9th Jan 2007, 15:40
Awesome... I'm gonna go try and freeze myself for the next 3 weeks.

Bdaggers
9th Jan 2007, 17:19
OK, as has been stated on here and published on external sites, the official release date for the US is January 30th.

I'm awaiting confirmation of the release date for other territories which I've been told I'll have this week. You can expect this date to be a few days later.

I'll hopefully have some more news on the demo later this afternoon.

Thanks Keir

On a sda note - my Xbox just gave me the three flashing lights and has killed itself - so I will have to wait 15 days for a replacement - or so I`m told. Just about the time for the game to be released - spooky !

Keir
9th Jan 2007, 17:22
Thanks Keir

On a sda note - my Xbox just gave me the three flashing lights and has killed itself - so I will have to wait 15 days for a replacement - or so I`m told. Just about the time for the game to be released - spooky !

It was meant to be.

RIP Xbox :(

alex109211
9th Jan 2007, 17:50
Thanks Keir, the answering powerhouse!

Alpha Wolfgang
9th Jan 2007, 21:15
ehh... any demo news? lol

Divine_Wind
9th Jan 2007, 21:16
ehh... any demo news? lol

I second this question.

3 more weeks!!

Bdaggers
9th Jan 2007, 21:25
It was meant to be.

RIP Xbox :(

Some of the guys over on Eurogamer.net have had the same problem. Update + Xbox = ring of death. Apparently Xbox support have recommended people to not accept the update and leave it for 2 days while they investigate whether the update is problematic.

Wish they had done that BEFORE releasing it into the wild - my Xbox was fit and healthy before accepting that blinkin update.

(BTW, mine was a core, bought in June 06 - so not one of the first batch)

Words I thought I would never say :

"Thank God the demo didnt come out today" :nut:

/charges up DS for some overdue attention

Alpha Wolfgang
9th Jan 2007, 21:28
wait, so theres a new update today thats makin xboxs crash?

if there is, im not goin on XBl...

Damaged Soldier
9th Jan 2007, 21:37
I updated my box and no sign of trouble.:) *Knock on wood*:whistle:

ma1746@juno.com
9th Jan 2007, 22:18
Keir,

Thank you as always for your answers, they really are appreciated. I didnt want to sound pushy, i just didnt want to think of another possible delay. Thank you again and ill see you on xbl in 21 short days!