PDA

View Full Version : gamespy preview

knoxville11
7th Jan 2007, 04:38
http://xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/battlestations-midway/751144p1.html

vvery good description of a mulitplayer battle i thought....

LT ROBERT COLE
7th Jan 2007, 04:52
Yea i was just reading that only thing im worried about is controls but its to be expected use old ww2 things and i like the fact that if ur commanding a ship u can tell ur ship mates to put out fires and to close holes on ships and such.

knoxville11
7th Jan 2007, 04:57
it sounded like it take a bit of time to get into the battle lol im very impatient in games.. i like to be in the heat of the battle

LT ROBERT COLE
7th Jan 2007, 04:58
yea i know thats why im gana be the one controlling the planes as much as possible

Dutch Jester
7th Jan 2007, 06:12
wow i will probably do the tutorial and a few singleplayer missions first if the controls are really hard

im probably gonna get in a PT boat or plane when i play

princecaspian4
7th Jan 2007, 06:16
i think that most of their problems could be fixed once you spend more time with the game, you will get used to the controls, and if you need to change them from the default to something that you like more, and it think that their problems with their ships coming late to the battle so not everyone gets to do as much as some people could be easily fixed with some teamwork, you can see how fast your ship is going, so if you are in a battle group and some of the other ships are slower you could easily slow down to the same speed that they are going, you don't need to run your ship at full speed, and then your entire fleet can arrive together, and if the enemy just sends their ships in at full speed, they will arrive one by one, making a nice lineup for your ships to attack all at once

Dutch Jester
7th Jan 2007, 06:20
ya i will probably wait 1 day to play online unless you are all on

Lochar
7th Jan 2007, 08:03
I have a hunch the demo is going to be like alot of other games in that its ONLY MP, thus making the learning curve frustrating at first.

I remember trying to figure out controls for the outfit MP and with so many strangers, you cant just take a second and learn the scheme, it' too hectic of a pace.

But I am still excited for this title more so than before. I was afraid it was going to be mostly an action game with a WWII pacific setting, but it does sound like strategy is going to be key.

I do wonder about the 9 planes for an airbase, I thought it was 12 allowed in the air for any type of plane carrying unit, carrier or base.

Deadpreacher
7th Jan 2007, 08:36
To be honest i think the hard controls is great. Hate it when games are to easy. Sure it may be hard at first, but once you learn it its all worth it! The more things i can do and more options i have is a good thing in my book!

Maybe i like Sims alittle to much, but i love to control everthing not just one or two button controls like must games now adays on the Console. Only reason i still play PC today is just to have full controls and not a simple arcade version!

andy3536
7th Jan 2007, 11:53
To be honest i think the hard controls is great. Hate it when games are to easy. Sure it may be hard at first, but once you learn it its all worth it! The more things i can do and more options i have is a good thing in my book!

Maybe i like Sims alittle to much, but i love to control everthing not just one or two button controls like must games now adays on the Console. Only reason i still play PC today is just to have full controls and not a simple arcade version!

I agree. it will add so much life to the game and keep us playing for much longer!

Capt:.Cavan
7th Jan 2007, 13:52
How come if all these sites can test the game and there isnt even a demo yet :|

chip5541
7th Jan 2007, 14:00
Usually what goes out for preview are alpha or beta versions and you want people to get thier impressions from the final code, not earlier versions.

Lochar
7th Jan 2007, 20:30
Yeah the press usually have that knowledge they arent playing the final build. Put a buggy demo up or fairly unpolished version and watch the screaming begin.

Dutch Jester
8th Jan 2007, 04:26

have you heard of the game "Spore"? if you like the sims you will love this

Lochar
8th Jan 2007, 08:13

Not to derail but waiting to try that game too. One of the few left that I am anticipating.

chip5541
8th Jan 2007, 09:07
yup! I want to see if I can beat Robin Williams on the weird factor :D

Deadpreacher
8th Jan 2007, 09:14

I went and checked it out. looks cool for sure!

chip5541
8th Jan 2007, 10:16
Off Topic: check out the video with Robin Williams. :lmao:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vHX3WbetnJQ