PDA

View Full Version : Battlestations playtime!

Dutch Jester
6th Jan 2007, 02:39
okay well since some person on the xbox forums thought this game how long you would last less than a month i wanted to see guys would oplay it with the information so far:)

princecaspian4
6th Jan 2007, 03:47
it depends on how much you mean by playing it, for example i still play crimson skies for the original x-box, i don't play it much but i still play it, but i guess that you mean playing it almost constantly, so i would probably spend most of my time on my 360 playing BM for about 2-3 months, but i will still play it every once in a while for at least a year after that (or until the sequel comes out)

InsaneHunter
6th Jan 2007, 03:53
If it can fill the void left by Operation Flashpoint (it's STILL not on the damned backwards compatible list) then I'll be playing it as long as I have my 360.

imnotcanadian
6th Jan 2007, 04:17
As long as its a good game (ie no game ruining,unpatchable bugs/glitches) for as long as I have my computer....I mean,I still play Red Alert 2 occasionaly.

Dutch Jester
6th Jan 2007, 05:22
Red Alert 2 rocks

Dutch Jester
6th Jan 2007, 05:23
it depends on playing it, for example i still play crimson skies for the original x-box, i don't play it much but i still play it, but i guess that you mean playing it almost constantly, so i would probably spend most of my time on my 360 playing BM for about 2-3 months, but i will still play it every once in a while for at least a year after that (or until the sequel comes out)

oh and i mean just playing it a lot not just on and off but the amount of time you would normally play a game

the only reason i voted for 4 months is i will only be playing this and two worlds until halo 3 comes out.

LT ROBERT COLE
6th Jan 2007, 05:27
probably 2-3 months it depends but yea i wish operation flashpoint would go to 360 i like how u could make your own missions and add AI to it. I made my own civilian gorilla fighter campaign.

Maybach
6th Jan 2007, 06:02
Well, this is gonna be one of those games that, even after it's considered "outdated" I'll pull out every once in a while to play just for the heck of it. I still pull out Secret Weapons over Normandy every once and a while on the original Xbox just cause I love the arcadey flight mechanics and the game itself.

Deadpreacher
6th Jan 2007, 08:39
I guess it all comes down to 2 things with me.

1. Does it really play as well as i hope?
2. Whats wrong with the game (Bugs) and how long it takes them to patch it!?

If it all comes down to number 2 than if they takes 2 or more months to patch it i'm more than sure i would have just gaven up on the game by than! Yet again it all depends on whats wrong with it first.

As for the ??? in hand maybe a good 2 to 3 months strong or until at least Forza2 comes around. Than BM is going on the back burner for awhile. Also if BM allows XNA modding than this game will be in my x360 alot until part 2 comes around, but i don't think BM is going to allow XNA modding yet.

spicerack
6th Jan 2007, 10:38
Insane hunter,have you given armed assault a try yet,its ofp 1.5 and ofp2 is due out in 2008

Alpha Wolfgang
6th Jan 2007, 11:00
i miss operation flashpoint for xbox!!! i wanna play it soo much! they gotta make a #2 for 360!!!! ill go mad if they dont.
oh yeah, i talked to the bohemia interactive dudes behind AA (armed assault) he said they would make a 360 version if they had money and a good distributer in america... bohemia interactive is a european company, i forgot what country though. damn i hope a publisher asks for a 360 version of AA!!!!

ill play this game for a while... depends on how good huxley and crackdown is... all these games look sweet
also, i hope mercenaries 2 ports to 360 (im sure it will)

oh, and i hope the dev team of this game knows that customisation keeps games very much alive for a long time! (starcraft, operation flashpoint, battlefield and its mods) battle customization and maybe even ship customization will drag at out least another month in all gamers... wow, theres a lot of games coming this year... and almost all of them are epic so far, LOL

chip5541
6th Jan 2007, 14:00
it depends on playing it, for example i still play crimson skies for the original x-box, i don't play it much but i still play it, but i guess that you mean playing it almost constantly, so i would probably spend most of my time on my 360 playing BM for about 2-3 months, but i will still play it every once in a while for at least a year after that (or until the sequel comes out)

CS on the 360 looks great :D

Really depends on playability although based on past games I can see myself playing this game for a long time. IHeck, I still play games that are over 20 years old.

Capt:.Cavan
6th Jan 2007, 14:09
well i am 15 years old at the moment so, until i need to go to university and get a job i would say 5 years of playing time :):D

cripplezsbp90
6th Jan 2007, 15:19
This game is goin to last me 6 months + mainly because of the multiplayer, and also the fact that the game looks kick ass!:D

Jagr
6th Jan 2007, 17:46
I will probably play it with my friends if it is an available feature. can you play with 2 people on 1 Xbox 360?

LT ROBERT COLE
7th Jan 2007, 05:34
I will probably play it with my friends if it is an available feature. can you play with 2 people on 1 Xbox 360?

i doubt it with all the stuff going on

xgamerms999
15th Jan 2007, 04:51
I'll play this game till the sequal!!!

Divine_Wind
15th Jan 2007, 05:34
Can't answer this until I at least try out the game, even the demo. It's simply too early to tell. Although, I'm sure it will be a few months at least.

warhawk21114
15th Jan 2007, 07:15
barring anything unforseen, I plan on playing this till I can master nuclear physics. Which means i dont understand any of it and am not about to start. So we can all say Long time. I have not been this stoked about a game with the exception of 2 others, Freedom Fighters (of which I am still wating for a blasted sequal) and P.T.O. (Pacific Theatre of Operations for the Genesis). It should be a blast (literally) as I am hard to impress, and it must have somethin if I am this stoked.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D

generyx
15th Jan 2007, 16:45
If its good, I will play it 4 a damn long time, if it sucks, I will sell it on ebay. It's simply too early to tell. Let's hope for the best while preparing for the worst....

http://my.livecard.net/19847/generyx.png

Steel Coffin
15th Jan 2007, 20:53
i suppose ill play it for a long time unil something better comes out. im sure ill be addicted to it all the time until it gets old ill still play it but not as much i suppose.:scratch:

m t freestyler
18th Jan 2007, 05:47
it usually stops the flow of online when other great games come out like halo3 or gta IV but if it is like battlefield2 mc people will be hooked and it will always be good

Hitlers nightmare
18th Jan 2007, 06:19
So today its time to kick there asses??????