PDA

View Full Version : Online Multiplayer

LT ROBERT COLE
4th Jan 2007, 01:38
Does anyone know if there will be already made servers for us to play on like a dedicated one from Eidos or will we have to make our own because i dont wana join one and then be attacked by lag. Im playing on xbox live and sorry if this has already been talked about.

Maybach
4th Jan 2007, 01:52
Knowing other Xbox Live compatible games, there really aren't "servers" in them, but they instead run either by matchmaking like in Halo 2 or a host running the game like in Gears of War. For the PC I'd suspect that there will be formal servers, but I really don't know if Eidos will host them.

LT ROBERT COLE
4th Jan 2007, 02:02
yea i know but battlefield 2 mc for 360 had there own servers kind of some where from ea others were just for friends mostly and i like ur quote Patton was one of the best generals.

chip5541
4th Jan 2007, 04:32
The PC version can be individually hosted through Gamespy.

LT ROBERT COLE
4th Jan 2007, 04:38
Thanks for the reply but im gana be playing it on a 360 that way my graphics will be maxed out my pc can barly run it below medium. :)

Hitlers nightmare
5th Jan 2007, 10:58
its some cind a sharper on axbox360 so... its better on xbox 360

Hellcat Harris
6th Jan 2007, 20:27
Ya, I'll be playing it on 360 aswell. my comp cant play this. it can play Flashpoint though. Love that game :)

LT ROBERT COLE
6th Jan 2007, 23:36
yea i played operation flashpoint on my xbox but it doesnt work for 360 but i dont know where to buy operation flashpoint you would think they would just make it a free download now because its so old just like tribes is.

TheMetalStorm
7th Jan 2007, 21:03
My computer can't support online gaming, It pretty much sucks. Thats why I like the Xbox 360, It has a good online support.

sgt. albin
7th Jan 2007, 22:15
i need to say against you guys and girls in the thing about that the pc is not better than the xbox 360. i have played both of them and i must say that pc has the best controls and the best multiplayer options at hand right now. xbox 360 can hardly support over 8 players what i have seen even in some FPS games like gears of war and that is what usually turn up in strategy games on the pc. it depends,of course, on which computer you own (have bought, not pwned ;) ) and nothing else but i must say that pc is better. now somebody probably looks like this now i think:eek: or :lmao:

"the truly brave are those that know everything, yet fear nothing"
"if i was a great man, i would not be at war rigth now" general yamammoto shortly after the japanese attack on pearl harbor

princecaspian4
7th Jan 2007, 23:35
xbox 360 can hardly support over 8 players

i have played 16 player games without lag on the 360, and on the original x-box i even played a few 50 player games without lag, maybe your connection just sucks

Hellcat Harris
8th Jan 2007, 00:25
Bashing people's respected consoles is not nice. **** and anyway the 360 can run 16, 24, and even 32 player matches easily. so your oppinion is flawed. Both the 360 and pc are great. It just so happens that the 360 is cheaper :)

LT ROBERT COLE
8th Jan 2007, 01:02
The 360 game play online with ease it just depends on the multiplayer engine and the only one on 360 Ive had problems with was Call of Duty 2 before the patch.

sgt. albin
9th Jan 2007, 16:24
just to clarify one thing. it was not MY xbox360 that was bad but it was a friend of mine:lol: . and we played local so that might have been a reason to.....:whistle: ......

Boultby
21st Jan 2007, 22:13
Bashing people's respected consoles is not nice. **** and anyway the 360 can run 16, 24, and even 32 player matches easily. so your oppinion is flawed. Both the 360 and pc are great. It just so happens that the 360 is cheaper :)

true, gaming preferences are solely put down to whether you can use the xbox 360 controller, or if you prefer PC gaming.....for me console gaming easily walks over the PC, but that is because i have used the SNES,n64, playstation, PS2, xbox, gamecube and i am now on the xbox 360, i cannot cope with having to move my hand around a keybord, aswel as moving the mouse, doing left and right button clicks then doing more very weird hand movements across a keyboard, but then again thats just me.

everybody has personal preference, so no matter what people say, you will always think that your method of playins IS better.