PDA

View Full Version : Legend Program

Advent-Lara
2nd Jan 2007, 18:53
Does osmeone knows with what program legend is made , thanks.

Lunideth
2nd Jan 2007, 19:13
Do you mean engine???
If you relly mean program then i guess C++. Im not 100% sure but i think that it is C++.

Advent-Lara
2nd Jan 2007, 19:17
Do you mean engine???
If you relly mean program then i guess C++. Im not 100% sure but i think that it is C++.

Yes i meant engine and thanks :) but do you also know the engine name?

Lunideth
2nd Jan 2007, 19:39
Here you can find info about Legend engine

http://www.devmaster.net/forums/archive/index.php/t-6168.html
There is said that .oisyn was working on Legend engine and he says that it is custom.

Advent-Tidus
2nd Jan 2007, 19:41
It's custom..ok! but point is, what is the name of the 3D software used to make Lara Croft and the levels. if anyone know, it will be deeply appreciated.

Advent-Lara
2nd Jan 2007, 20:14
It would be awsome to know

Advent-Tidus
2nd Jan 2007, 20:20
exactly what she said! I would like to know the name of the software, that way I can check the software out and see what I can do with it.

Lunideth
2nd Jan 2007, 20:49
exactly what she said! I would like to know the name of the software, that way I can check the software out and see what I can do with it.

1. Who are yoou talking now???
2. If you think you are so good then go and find it yourself
3. If to me then
3.1. You are littlebit late
3.2. Learn to read

TheBlob
2nd Jan 2007, 20:49
It's custom..ok! but point is, what is the name of the 3D software used to make Lara Croft and the levels. if anyone know, it will be deeply appreciated.

The game engine shares similarities with JADE, the engine used by Ubisoft to create the Prince of Persia series (it was created from scratch for Beyond Good and Evil but has been improved over the time, and they're still using it for their new productions). Same kind of gameplays/reactions in PoP and TRL (ledge grab, pole swinging, etc.) JADE is exclusive to Ubisoft though and cannot be bought by another company to be modified like other softwares such as UnrealED. But it has surely been an inspiration to create the custom engine for Tomb Raider Legend.

Lara's model and animations as well as Level details have probably been created in 3DS Studio Max or Maya....both are standards in the game industry. Generally, level designers create basic geometry in the engine, but the details are created by modelers in 3ds or Maya, and implemented in the game engine to create the final environments.

Anyways....hope this helps. (y)

Advent-Tidus
2nd Jan 2007, 20:57
The game engine shares similarities with JADE, the engine used by Ubisoft to create the Prince of Persia series (it was created from scratch for Beyond Good and Evil but has been improved over the time, and they're still using it for their new productions). Same kind of gameplays/reactions in PoP and TRL (ledge grab, pole swinging, etc.) JADE is exclusive to Ubisoft though and cannot be bought by another company to be modified like other softwares such as UnrealED. But it has surely been an inspiration to create the custom engine for Tomb Raider Legend.

Lara's model and animations as well as Level details have probably been created in 3DS Studio Max or Maya....both are standards in the game industry. Generally, level designers create basic geometry in the engine, but the details are created by modelers in 3ds or Maya, and implemented in the game engine to create the final environments.

Anyways....hope this helps. (y)

Thank you dude! I appreciate it! and Lunideth sorry if I offended you or anything.

Lunideth
2nd Jan 2007, 21:08
OK. np. forgotten thing