PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider: Legend Download Available?

Septa Scarabae
2nd Jan 2007, 06:00
I bought my son a copy of Tomb Raider: Legend over the holidays. Unfortunately, he does not have a DVD drive. Is there a place where he could download and install the game?

Lunideth
2nd Jan 2007, 06:17
I bought my son a copy of Tomb Raider: Legend over the holidays. Unfortunately, he does not have a DVD drive. Is there a place where he could download and install the game?

No there isnt, because it is illegal. If you brought him game and he doesent have dvd drive (I almost believe you) then you can do following:

1. Buy him DVD-Rom
2. Ask magician to spawn DVD-rom for him
3. Tell your son to behave so santa will give him DVD-rom next christmas
4. Give me 1 000 000€ and i will personally buy 10 DVD-Roms for your son

Astara
2nd Jan 2007, 06:36

The DVD is required to activate the game. Even if you could download the 7.2GigaByte game, it still needs to access the game DVD for Copy Protection.

A new DVD drive might be as cheap as $15-25. If your son has a CD drive, you could upgrade the CD drive -- a DVD reader can usually read most CDs.

The DVD has about 7-8 CD's worth of data on it -- DVD drives are needed to access many newer games that won't fit on a few CD's.

Sorry,
A*a

Septa Scarabae
2nd Jan 2007, 07:01
Thanks. I know most newer games will allow you to download the game, but you need an activation key to play it. Apparently, this isn't the case for Tomb Raider: Legend. Thanks again.

Lunideth
2nd Jan 2007, 07:08
Thanks. I know most newer games will allow you to download the game, but you need an activation key to play it. Apparently, this isn't the case for Tomb Raider: Legend. Thanks again.

It is called Cd-key. If you buy game it is in case, but as you said legend dont have it. But it have copy protection. In reality you can dowload any game if you know how/where to search, but like i said it is illegal. (of cource there are some legal downloadable games but legend isnt among them). As Astara said you need DVD-Rom to play game. Every time you launch game it check that you have game DVD in DVD-Rom. If you dont have it it wont work.

Terminatorvs
2nd Jan 2007, 07:27
Try using e-mule.

ditom
2nd Jan 2007, 13:38
This is illegal. I told Lara about your idea and she is comming to you ! She is very angry :D

yatesDELTA
2nd Jan 2007, 19:01
i recon buying a rom is fairly cheap but oyu could use a torrent. search in a torrent search engine for it and get a downloading program like utorrent

i tried it with a diferent game and it was so poor quality i just buy them now

shirl123
2nd Jan 2007, 19:19
buy him a DVD-rom, seriously. most of the "new" games require a DVD-rom anyway, so this upgrade is more then recommended.

Septa Scarabae
3rd Jan 2007, 21:55
Thanks, guys. I was hoping there would have been a legal alternative that would allow you to use a activation or serial code. Looks like it is either return it or spend more money.

MissLara2U
3rd Jan 2007, 23:14
There is. Direct2Drive. Bear with me while I get you some details.

MissLara2U
3rd Jan 2007, 23:15
Here you go:

http://www.direct2drive.com/442/product/Tomb-Raider:-Legend-w/-Bonus-Comic

You'll get the game, and a bonus by the looks of it. Alcohol or MDAEMON SHOULD act as a virtual DVD drive for the image, altho check prior to purchase.