PDA

View Full Version : What needs to be fixed....

Dad
31st Dec 2006, 16:14
In Legend when Lara drew her weapons she was fixed and could not move at all. This made her an easy target. They need to return her movements back to the wasd keys during gun play. :nut: :whistle:

Treeble
31st Dec 2006, 16:19
She'll only remain fixed on one spot if you draw your weapons while standing still. Draw them while on the move and you'll have an ever much more acrobatic Lara during gunplay.

Dad
31st Dec 2006, 17:21
Then I guess they only have to fix half of the problem then. :lol:

aussie500
1st Jan 2007, 02:31
Strange l shot lots of things in Legend and was only ever still when using manual aim. Cannot remember Lara being fixed in one spot when shooting normally, perhaps l just never got the guns out while standing still :confused:

Treeble
1st Jan 2007, 02:53
It only happens occasionally anyway. I think it only happens when you just lock the aim while standing still, not shoot straight away.

ggctuk
3rd Jan 2007, 14:53
Add hard collision again. TRL allowed Lara to run into walls and then still run whilst facing the wall. TR1-TRC didn't do this - they had HARD collision ie Lara hit the wall with a thud and an "oof!".

Dad
3rd Jan 2007, 21:35
OK I went back and installed it to remind me of the problem and I now see what it was. Using the mouse to draw there is no problem but if you use the weapon key (z) to draw the guns she is fix in her position. :nut:

lunastar87
6th Jan 2007, 00:44
okay Im aggravated with the new keypad crap.
X should be grab and shoot
triangle, draw weapons
square JUMP
O to roll and roll jump

i miss those commands...

thats another thing that I dont like about the new Tomb Raiders, it can be diffifult to move Lara. And I definitly agree, she is an easy target to hit...and i get confused when playing her. She also jumped high...what happened???
lol I dont mean to complain...but the grapple is cool i love using that, and the other new movies are cool but its not the same without the original moves that were in the other 5 games....oh and crawling was a good idea too.

ggctuk
8th Jan 2007, 15:55
okay Im aggravated with the new keypad crap.
X should be grab and shoot
triangle, draw weapons
square JUMP
O to roll and roll jump

i miss those commands...

thats another thing that I dont like about the new Tomb Raiders, it can be diffifult to move Lara. And I definitly agree, she is an easy target to hit...and i get confused when playing her. She also jumped high...what happened???
lol I dont mean to complain...but the grapple is cool i love using that, and the other new movies are cool but its not the same without the original moves that were in the other 5 games....oh and crawling was a good idea too.

I think they're just trying to bring her 'down to earth', but they seemed to do that with a bump. In doing that they took their eye off the ball.

Oh, and another thing - Lara was to use the ROCKET LAUNCHER bring it back baby! Id like to see Atlantean Blood everywhere when I blow them to bits!

Treeble
8th Jan 2007, 22:32
I think the configuration system works fine. The only thing I want them to focus on is to make longer levels and a Wii port. Everything else is fine the way it is in Legend. :)

ggctuk
9th Jan 2007, 09:41
But the Wii makes you look like a, forgive me, r+%!?!, from what I've seen. No keep it to PC, PS2 and PSP - the PC and PS1 was the original systems (Aside from Dreamcast, but it's long gone RIP) so it should stay that way. Sorry, but that's my opinion.

Trinity88
9th Jan 2007, 09:46
I Completely Agree.

Treeble
9th Jan 2007, 14:15
But the Wii makes you look like a, forgive me, r+%!?!, from what I've seen.

Yep, makes you look like such a r+%!?! that Sony didn't even wait before copying the feature in a heartbeat for their consoles. :rolleyes:

ggctuk
9th Jan 2007, 15:06
If you talk of the PS3, then its mosty evolved Eye Toy stuff. And I don't care about a glorified PS2 anyway! My Silver standard (Not slimline) PS2 has yet to fail me and whats more it just proves my point above - why wave the controller around (and there have been many accidents and even the christmas light interfered with the Wii's controller lol) when it's easier to just sit and mash buttons - and to me, far more satisfying.