PDA

View Full Version : Csf Will Not Install

Bloodklot
28th Dec 2006, 23:23
I have the dvd rom version and hit the blue square setup icon. and it takes me thru the following steps:

1. Setup Language - (I picked English)

2. I click Yes to the Agreement and pick language again... i believe US or UK were the choices.

3. Window says the Installshield Wizard will install %P on your computer. To continue click next. ( I don't know what "%P" is but I clicked Next anyway)

4. Window says Install %P to : eidos\Pyro Studios\CommandoStrikeForce (I clicked Next.. I've tried a different location and still nothing)

5. Window asks what to install... Gamefile, Directx 9.0c, GameShadow (I leave all selected as is the default)

It goes thru installation but only for Gameshadow... it installs GameShadow and all its updates... as for the game installation, it only takes about 2 seconds before it says the game is installed leaving no sign of installation.

When I use the autorun option on the dvd, I click install Commandos Strike Force.

1. A window pops with the label "Setup BD" pops up saying Installing Network Drivers.... after less than a minute, it says installation successful and closes the window without any further installations.

That's as far as I can get. I don't know what else to do. I really wanted to play this game and am kinda frustrated. Is there something that can be done?

Windows XPpro SP2
P4 3.06
2gb ram
52gb available space

iakovos
31st Dec 2006, 17:59
Perhaps installing the game directly from the setup file on the dvd will solve your problem.

Iakovos:)

Bloodklot
4th Jan 2007, 05:45
nah that was one of the things i did as i stated above :) but it's okay... it may be something with windows sp2... shouldn't be but i returned commandos for medal of honor and that wouldn't install either... never had install programs before... but MOH gave me an error with a bunch of numbers and stuff and at the end it said Windows Service Pack 2 ... so maybe that's it...:scratch:

iakovos
26th Jan 2007, 12:00
I don't think that is the problem, because I played the game in windows XP service pack 2.

Iakovos:)

maham_ali
18th Oct 2007, 16:46
well its really difficult for anyone to guess that what is the problem...i think that ur dvd is corrupt. try another dvd...this may work.:D :D :D