PDA

View Full Version : Give us a demo please.

Dad
27th Dec 2006, 22:09
Please mr. CD give us a demo to play with until its release. Your fans will spread the word and sales will rise. :nut:

Treeble
27th Dec 2006, 22:28
I'm pretty sure we'll get one eventually. I even believe it will be available before February comes. :)

aussie500
28th Dec 2006, 08:00
And no doubt it will be the early part of the lost valley and will end just before the T-Rex cutscene

Advent-Lara
28th Dec 2006, 13:29
Well i doubt it! last time they released the demo like a week before the release? bastards!

Treeble
28th Dec 2006, 14:20
And no doubt it will be the early part of the lost valley and will end just before the T-Rex cutscene

Maybe not. Remember the first level we kept getting footage from for Legend was Ghana, yet the demo was the Bolivia level.

I think we're not gonna die if we have to wait. Just be thankful we get a demo! They didn't even dare to put one out for AOD! ;)

StarChampagne
31st Dec 2006, 14:45
Oh yes please! I'd love to play :)

Joshorty
31st Dec 2006, 22:03
Patience is a great virtue:D

Deadly47
31st Dec 2006, 22:18
Patience is a great virtue:D

You stole that line from Tombradier Last Revoultion didnt you. Its from the start with young lara and Von Croy.

Joshorty
31st Dec 2006, 22:26
Actually, no I didn't:scratch:It was from a fortune cookie long ago:D But now that you mentioned it, I don't remember that being said. I did remember hearing that from Von Croy to Lara in that training level. TR 4 is like a blur to me 'cause the game was like too long for me yet I did get through it:D

StarChampagne
1st Jan 2007, 20:44
You stole that line from Tombradier Last Revoultion didnt you. Its from the start with young lara and Von Croy.

It's a proverb, so Last Revelation would've stolen it, not the other way round :p

Von Croy did say something about patience... seemed to be quite fond of the whole wisdom thing.

On topic: Demo. Best idea I've heard since dhama wanted the level editor. :D

Joshorty
2nd Jan 2007, 00:52
It's a proverb, so Last Revelation would've stolen it, not the other way round :p

Von Croy did say something about patience... seemed to be quite fond of the whole wisdom thing.

There ya go:D It's a proverb indeed. And ugh I'll just go through that level for the sake of finding the point in where he says that line:p Just to kill the time 'til this new game comes out:D

dhama
2nd Jan 2007, 11:07

Forget about the demo, let's just spend time getting a level editor released with TR:A eh?. ;)

ladylinnycroft
2nd Jan 2007, 14:21
a demo would be great! i loved the legend demo.....how many played the demo then went blundering onto the floor in the crate room only to discover that damn jaguar that wasn't in the demo!

lara_legend
2nd Jan 2007, 22:55
i just wait for the full game :)

lara_legend
2nd Jan 2007, 22:56
i'll will wait for the full game :)

ditom
3rd Jan 2007, 08:03
Me too.

Joshorty
4th Jan 2007, 03:49
Same:D

lunastar87
6th Jan 2007, 00:32
I'll wait for the full game...
but they better not get rid of any levels in the game...except Foily(I forgot the actual name sorries)....
that one actually made my ankles ache everytime I looked down from the town/maze. yeah I hate heights lol.

LaraGirl216
13th Jan 2007, 13:34
I think I saw her on a demo but the first time I saw Natla I was completly scared, in fact I remember running behind the sofa I was really young.

That famous line...

"Get her you Morons!"

Joshorty
13th Jan 2007, 15:54
Natla was an amazing villian isn't she:D? And wow - to discover she's way back from the past was scary. And yeah I was scared too:D

mrcube
13th Jan 2007, 21:55
Forget about the demo, let's just spend time getting a level editor released with TR:A eh?. ;)

I agree here, A level editor seems like it would fit perfectly in the anniversary game.

And I've actaully gone off of demos, I think it kinda spoils the final game, because you already know what kind of thing your getting. If you see something for the first time in the game and not in the demo you think 'Bloody Hell, This is Amazing!', but if you've seen it in the demo, you just think 'Wait, Its exactly the same!'

So, if they do release a demo of Anniversary, can someone come to my house and stop me from getting it -:lmao:

MACJR
6th Feb 2007, 01:35
i just wait for the full game :)

I usually prefer just to get the game... but, I dislike the navigation controls in TR Legend so much (I absolutely detest it!) that I want to see what I am in for with the reworked Tomb Raider 1.

I want more control of how Laura moves, and her ability to look around, like the game was originally... not to be aggravated endlessly because Laura turned or jumped left, right, or backward when you figured she would go forward! :mad2: And no, I do not use the mouse and do not want to use the mouse to navigate. I found that using the mouse did not help much with my main complaints anyway.

It would be cool if TR:A works like the original but with an updated look and the ability to work with newer PCs.

Here is hoping for the best... while I wait for the demo.

If the demo works out for me, then, and only then, will I buy the game.

MACJR

Treeble
6th Feb 2007, 14:19
I want more control of how Laura moves, and her ability to look around, like the game was originally... not to be aggravated endlessly because Laura turned or jumped left, right, or backward when you figured she would go forward! :mad2:

Who? :scratch:

RuumTaedor
6th Feb 2007, 14:28
Hehe unlikely its two typos in a row. This ain't gonna sit well with us. :rolleyes:

mrcube
6th Feb 2007, 18:15
Hehe unlikely its two typos in a row. This ain't gonna sit well with us. :rolleyes:

Lol, fraid not. Let's see how he explains himself! ;)

ditom
6th Feb 2007, 19:37
Laura?Maby she is Lara's secret sister?

NightRain'06
7th Feb 2007, 04:40
I'm more in anticipation of the demo than the full version. Why ? I've never played the original TR or TR2 sadly. So for me, it'll be a brand spanking-new experience to play the remade demo version of original TR as a taste; then, you know, eventually play the full version. :)

rabid metro
7th Feb 2007, 07:03
I want more control of how Laura ...
MACJR

this is gonna hurt. you've been warned!

there once was a heroine named laura,
who raided tombs with a certain aura.
she elevated her game,
when she shortened her name,
and that's how laura became lara.

ouch! :)
forgive me. i've got nothing to say about demos ...

They say that in the tombs, "O" means "O".

Midas
7th Feb 2007, 18:06

she elevated her game,

This post tells me one thing:

We need a big Tomb Raider: Anniversary update! :nut:

ChOnyD
8th Feb 2007, 03:11
"Get her you Morons!"

I know it doesn't really matter but she says "Well, kill her!" then she looks at Lara in the river and says, "YOU MORONS!" which made me ROFL!!!:lol:

And yea i cant wait until demo!:nut:

MACJR
29th Jul 2008, 16:04

she elevated her game,

Oops, hey, at least I am consistent. ;)

Yes, it was a typo. At the time I made that offending post I was researching my great, great, grandmother, whose name happens to be, Laura. So please forgive my mix-up.

By the way, I did try that demo when it came out. Closer, but still not close enough. Lara still moves like a dog missing three legs when using a keyboard for her movements.

I really, really, really, miss how well Lara used to work with a keyboard back in the earlier games. That early Lara could run, leap, back flip, and crawl circles around this latest version of Lara. :\

I decided against buying the Tomb Raider Anniversary game, and unless things improve, I will pass on the next new Tomb Raider games too.

MACJR