PDA

View Full Version : Thief Gold Never Loads Gameplay

MysterioMask
27th Dec 2006, 05:13
ok, ive installed thief gold, got it to work all the way up through the cutscenes and all that, but once i go to actually start the game, the gages spin, and when its done, screen goes black, and stays black and never loads the actual gameplay.

This game worked a few months ago before, and im not quite sure what happened, between then and now, maybe a couple driver updates or something is my guess at most

I run windows xp home, an ATI Radeon X1600 series video card. Its also the same card that ran it before as well. and a gateway FPD1730 LCD monitor running at 60 hertz at 1024x768 with 32bit. If you need more informating i can supply it. Again i dont know why it doesnt work now. I uninstalled and reinstalled a few times, and done a few other things, except reinstall drivers, or uninstall graphics card and reinstall.

Help please

MysterioMask
27th Dec 2006, 19:28
Ok, i finally got it to work. even though previously i had it running in 98 compatablity and it worked fine. it didnt now, so i thought it was a driver problem. but i ended up trying a few things and when i move it to win2000 compatablity it now runs again fine. So...i guess its working now.