PDA

View Full Version : In Kazakstan and *REALLY* missed the train

Astara
27th Dec 2006, 04:31
I've been through this section before, but now at the last part of
the motorcycle where it goes mountain side, then you head back and jump over the tracks -- well when I get to jumping over the tracks -- there is no train. So when I get to the place where you cycle onto the flatboard car -- there is just "no train". Weird.

Gone back (I keep dying trying to see if I can jump the cycle onto the tracks and follow them w/o the train...I mean theoretically, I *SHOULD*...right? Heck with the train, I should still be able to get there on the cycle..)..sigh...

Guess not -- but I shouldn't get to the "boarding point" and have no train either! Hmph.

Oh well, restart time....

A*a

lara_croft_
27th Dec 2006, 11:33
That is strange.I've played the level but I haven't missed the train.Start from the last checkpoint and try again.I think that it took you too much time to kill the mersenaries.Kill one ot two and when Zip says "train's leaving" run to it kill the two mersenaries and hop on the Duccati.I wish you luck with Amanda's pet!Best wishes.:)

Astara
28th Dec 2006, 01:14
This was after the mercenaries, after going through the tunnel, then going the first "open leg" fighting a couple groups of mercenaries on motorbikes, then going around the 1st mountain pass, then going through the 2nd "open leg" -- where you get to fight mercs on bikes and some on top of SUV's, then you get to the 2nd mountain pass. After that, you are in the section where you jump over the train twice on bridges, then drive up along side the train where you ride onto a railway flatcar -- then you go into the "on the train" sequence"...

Where I had my problem was that last bit -- there was no train to jump onto.

Normally, you also see the train as you jump over it going over the two bridges -- in this particular run-through, the train wasn't under either bridge as I approached.

I died and was sent back to the last checkpoint (at the end of the 2nd mountain pass mentioned above) several times :mad2: as I explored the situation -- tried to see if I could jump on the tracks -- I did once, successfully and started going straight down the bridge that is just past the jump-point where lara usually jumps w/her bike onto the flatbed train car. Unfortunately, the game detected I wasn't on the train and still "restarted" me back at the checkpoint -- as though I had crashed (even though I hadn't).

It was "different" -- too bad the game mechanics couldn't handle the weird situation I landed in. :scratch:

To get out of the situation, I just restarted the level. :rolleyes:

:whistle: I've tried dallying, or, playing at other points to see where I can delay and where the game will kill me off for delaying too much ("oh the train got away, Amanda's sure to get the artifact now"), but I've never gotten to the last part and just had the train be absent.

Ah well...
A*a

(trying to get more game play out of game -- have you tried playing in different languages? :D )

lara_croft_
19th Jan 2007, 15:02
I haven't played in other languages exept english I would get confused.If you restart this level from the begining maby you'll hop on the train.I'll start the level and see if it happends I'll try to figure it out.I promiss.:p

Astara
22nd Jan 2007, 00:26
I haven't played in other languages exept english I would get confused.:p

But that's the point! :D

Some people complain of the game being too easy -- what better way to add some 'challenge' than being exploring in a foreign land where you don't understand the language? :nut:

:-)
A*a

Blackjack Davy
25th Jan 2007, 23:13
I've been through this section before, but now at the last part of
the motorcycle where it goes mountain side, then you head back and jump over the tracks -- well when I get to jumping over the tracks -- there is no train. So when I get to the place where you cycle onto the flatboard car -- there is just "no train". Weird.

Gone back (I keep dying trying to see if I can jump the cycle onto the tracks and follow them w/o the train...I mean theoretically, I *SHOULD*...right? Heck with the train, I should still be able to get there on the cycle..)..sigh...

Guess not -- but I shouldn't get to the "boarding point" and have no train either! Hmph.

Oh well, restart time....

A*a

It's a known bug. Theres no solution other than to load an earlier savegame and start again, unfortunately.