PDA

View Full Version : Mansion In Anniversary

BandMarcher
26th Dec 2006, 17:52
will they re-make lara's mansion in the new game... the tresure chests the swimming pool... it certinly wouldn't be hard i remember somewhere it took Tody Gard (or however its spelled) one weekend (2days)

of corse it could be a tad bigger...

just dont use the legend mansion please...
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Now im wandering off subject

it was a nice mansion, but it was lacking... such ah the indoor tomb
from the movie where you train with Simon (the robot)

and it could have used the 80 rooms, kitchen, and bungie ballet like in the movie

PLEASE IN TR8 BUNGIE BALLET lol

Headache
26th Dec 2006, 17:55
Sue me...

But revisions of the Legend mansion.

burt_ie
26th Dec 2006, 18:00
Legend mansion was alright, but far too small though!

I think they should use a similar style to the old game mansions....after all it is a TR1 remake.

Alexlovesguns
26th Dec 2006, 18:07
Original mansion :cool: .

Terminatorvs
27th Dec 2006, 17:12
If CDs reintroduce the TR1 mansion, then what will we do there????????

Inn_Hevonn_Klann
27th Dec 2006, 17:14
If oit's the original, I hope so much emprovement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
More action, you can even put that robot that appears in the 1st movie!!!!!

Legend_of_Lara
27th Dec 2006, 18:18
Legend version...;)

StarChampagne
27th Dec 2006, 18:56
If Anniversary used the original mansion revamped, that could create some interesting plot holes. Presuming Anniversary will somehow slot into the Legend timeline of things... it would be silly to revert back to the old storyline, surely?

Also, BandMarcher, aren't you after the movie mansion as opposed to the original one? Or a mix of both...

Treeble
27th Dec 2006, 22:39
Legend mansion definitely. Even so because if they were to remake the original style, it'd look veeeeeeery different as it no longer would be made of blocks and it would cause fuss because some hardcore fans would cry because it's been changed. :rolleyes:

They can surely add all of what the TR3 mansion featured into the Legend one easily. It's very big afterall, and we've only seen a small part of it. Like the TR1 mansion - there was a gym and a pool. And a main hall filled with crates.

Though I still have no idea what they'll do regarding Zip's office and Alister's study. Surely they haven't met yet, so maybe Alister's study will simply be a library and Zip's office will be replaced with a nice painting on the wall? :scratch:

ChOnyD
28th Dec 2006, 00:11
I don't really know... I know that the Legend mansion was way too small....I....hmmm.... i dunno maybe they can sort of combine them together:scratch: I would be kinda weird if you got the legend mansion in that time

Verios
28th Dec 2006, 04:28
I'd like to see them revise the Legends Mansion, some consistency with her house would be nice from now on heh.

aussie500
28th Dec 2006, 06:54
l prefered the Legend version, the Tomb Raider 1 Mansion was a bit boring anyway. Definetley do not recall any treasure chests being in the Tomb raider 1 mansion, maybe someone is thinking of all those boxes. There is much more room for expansion in the Legend Manor :D

Samoth
28th Dec 2006, 11:40
well the legend mansion is based on the movie,
and the movie is based on the games.

the movie mansion just isnt the real mansion.. its only a rebuild from the movie.
and with the remake of the original tombraider you just NEED the original mansion.

tombraider legend was only a movie based game.
and thats TOTALLY WRONG!
stick to the game concept dont base it on some B movie for just more $$

thats my opinion though.

patricia.calai
28th Dec 2006, 12:20
I believe a remake of the legend mansion would be best.people all around the world have taken a lot to the film too and since the mansion in legend is made after the one in the film,playing in that mansion would be sort of...taking part in the film:)

Advent-Lara
28th Dec 2006, 13:27
The orginal! i mena this is to celebrate the greatest tomb raider game ever and the original mansion was the first home we saw of lara croft and it's just so freakin great home (the should also have the winston wlaking behind ya haha)

Treeble
28th Dec 2006, 14:21
Definetley do not recall any treasure chests being in the Tomb raider 1 mansion, maybe someone is thinking of all those boxes.

There was the ark of the convenant and another hidden chest, IIRC, behind those crates in the main hall. :)

David 070
28th Dec 2006, 15:02
i think that would be awesome if they gave us the movie mansion!!

with the grounds to explore!

& maybe some pets. :)

Dragu Slave
28th Dec 2006, 18:35
Legend Mansion expanded with extra rooms, classic tutorial gym. gardens, assault course, attic and basement.

pinkangel07
29th Dec 2006, 01:04
the old mansion was good, but i think that the legend/movie version is better because it's an actual house. the old one was blocky, and was based off of imagination. i know a cheat to get to the roof of the house in tomb raider III, and with that being said, it's not spectacular. so having the real home can help out Eidos and Crystal Dynamics because they can keep on being great video game creators, and architects can be great mansion builders.

Naga
29th Dec 2006, 06:52
was based off of imagination.

It was based off of the front lobby of Core Design.

pinkangel07
29th Dec 2006, 16:22
i stand corrected... pretty big lobby, anyway. i just think the legend mansion looked more like an actual mansion (because it was).

Verios
30th Dec 2006, 11:01
Pretty sure the mansion in the previous TR's was originally based on the Legends one (and the movie). However do to lack of technology at the time they had to make do with what they had at their disposal. If you watch the original TR movie and then take a close look at the outside of TR2 or TR3's mansion you'll notice the similarities. :)

Naga
30th Dec 2006, 12:36
That would make no sense since the mansion in TR1-3 was created long before the idea of a movie had come around. The mansion in the movie is a real mansion, and its been stated by Core staff that the TR1-3 mansion was based on their front lobby.

Scott =]!
30th Dec 2006, 17:40
i would like to see the legend manison but i like it changed a bit like having Zips office in the main hall is a bit to "look we got gadjets now!" and then puting alister in a little room up stairs :confused: there should realy be an outside bit with the obstical corse and the bit that changes (maze/race track) :D

i dont think she should have pets cos she wouldnt have time for them and i dought she would make the butler who is a family friend pick up dog doodoo lol

pinkangel07
30th Dec 2006, 22:22
Yeah, i definately think no pets this time around. I think she COULD have a horse stable though, with like, stable hands and whatnot. I'm not sure about a dog or a cat, though, but I think Lara would be more of a cat person.

What I liked about the TR1-TR3 homes was the grand entry. The Legend home felt cramped and over decorated, and the entrance was almost hidden. I'd like it if they lightened up the home a little more, too.

Verios
31st Dec 2006, 09:21
That would make no sense since the mansion in TR1-3 was created long before the idea of a movie had come around. The mansion in the movie is a real mansion, and its been stated by Core staff that the TR1-3 mansion was based on their front lobby.

Ah but it's the same Mansion used for the concept ;) I forget the actual name of the place, perhaps someone with a better memory than me can dig it up!

StarChampagne
31st Dec 2006, 14:34
It would be nice, in a way, to see the original mansion updated.

However, I doubt very much that will happen, so I would like to see the Legend mansion expanded considerably, personally :) With no Zip area, lots of rooms, and most definitely... an outside! (Although TR1 didn't have one, that's no excuse :p)

Raider0011
5th Jan 2007, 18:33
I vote for the Legend Version. Though I've heard the "It's too small" complaint a lot..., it was larger than the mansion from TR1, and look at what they added to that over time... I look forward to seeing what they add to the Legend mansion in the future. I would love some outdoor environments.

lunastar87
6th Jan 2007, 00:28
yeah i like the original mansion better...but the one in legends is cool too, but its too much like the movie and the movies werent that impressive(Angelina was a good Lara but her hair should have been lighter lol)....
Anyway, I like the mansion in the third game, because it was complete and there was more to it. But then it was too gloomy, kinda bugged me. I would like to think that Lara would have a mansion that was lit up and decorated more with old paintings, statues etc...and then have more hidden places to go. But NO WINSTON FOLLOWING LARA....thats too scary....and annoying:mad2:
My favorite parts about the Legend mansion was that her bedroom was huge and elegant, and that the place had more to it...but again, I still dont like the fact that it copied the movies...

thats all I have to say >.<

lunastar87
6th Jan 2007, 00:29
There was the ark of the convenant and another hidden chest, IIRC, behind those crates in the main hall. :)

What? I never saw that!!!! Where else????

ggctuk
8th Jan 2007, 15:44
Legend mansion definitely. Even so because if they were to remake the original style, it'd look veeeeeeery different as it no longer would be made of blocks and it would cause fuss because some hardcore fans would cry because it's been changed. :rolleyes:

No, fans would be happy to be rid of the old stupid grid system.

They can surely add all of what the TR3 mansion featured into the Legend one easily. It's very big afterall, and we've only seen a small part of it. Like the TR1 mansion - there was a gym and a pool. And a main hall filled with crates.

Quite possibly, but some things were not in place in TR1 - the treasure room (We could have the Ark of the Covenant and Bigfoot in there, and after completing the game, perhaps a T-Rex trophy and the broken Scion could appear). I agree with the gym and pool idea. But make the gym larger than it was.

Though I still have no idea what they'll do regarding Zip's office and Alister's study. Surely they haven't met yet, so maybe Alister's study will simply be a library and Zip's office will be replaced with a nice painting on the wall? :scratch:[/QUOTE]

In the TR films, Zip's room was used by Bryce, and Hillary was Lara's butler. And Zip was there before TR3 - If you remember, he helped Lara retrieve the Iris (although he left afterwards).

In any case, if it's a TR1 remake, have a much larger version of the house (With a racetrack with Lara's classic bike, a small river with a speedboat :D )

Treeble
8th Jan 2007, 22:35
And Zip was there before TR3 - If you remember, he helped Lara retrieve the Iris (although he left afterwards).

But Zip never moved in to live with Lara, he simply helped her from a trailer parked in front of the VCI building. I think it'll be replaced with a huge statue or maybe Lara had an 'office' of sorts with computers and crapnology before Zip moved in so they simply changed a few things.

Heck she's filthy rich, she probably just tumbled down the flat wall to make room for a tech room! :lol:

floydthebarber
8th Jan 2007, 22:48
Thankfully if they do a true remake, Zip and the other idiot will be nowhere in sight (or sound). I could care less what the mansion looks like, just as long as they are true to the original in story and game play. And I mean in the controls as well.

Raider0011
9th Jan 2007, 17:04
The way I look at it, they would have to completely recode the original mansion, so they might as well just add a lot of cool features and areas to explore to the Legend Mansion. That way, there would now be two games that that Mansion appeared in, so in the sequel to Legend there could be even more stuff added. Going back to the Mansion from TR1 would be a step back, and would greatly limit what we would end up seeing in the Mansion. CS won't have the time to recode the Mansion from TR3, they would have to start smaller, like they did with the Legend Mansion. I imagine they already have a lot of ideas and things that they plan on adding to the Legend Mansion in future games.

norn iron rock!
13th Jan 2007, 17:41
I prefer the origional mansion. I thought the legend mansion was depressing:( but the gym was o.k.

Godfather77
14th Jan 2007, 03:31
The new mansion was pretty awful :mad2:

Apart from the upgraded graphics, it was far too small, you couldn't go outside and their just wasn't nearly enough mysteries to explore like in the old mansion.

I back up my statement with the fact that the polls show that the original mansion has taken 65% of the vote :rasp:

LaraGirl216
14th Jan 2007, 08:41
If CDs reintroduce the TR1 mansion, then what will we do there????????

Better graphics, and some puzzles.

Maybe even that fish tank that was in the basement in Tr3.

Martin C
14th Jan 2007, 11:57
Maybe even that fish tank that was in the basement in Tr3.

TR3 Mansion was prob my fave due to the fish tank and all the puzzles leading to the dirt track, made it all the more fun and actually got you to test out all of Lara's moves. So something along those lines but more in line with the classic mansion and that will be a perfect balance. :)

Martin C x

Raider0011
16th Jan 2007, 18:29
I tried to make a point in my earlier post, but I guess I didn't do such a good job... :rolleyes:

I see a lot of comments that everyone wants the mansion from TR3 because of all the secrets and such that it had. Admittedly, that was a very complete and well done mansion.

However, the developers are not going to invest the amount of time necessary to develop from scratch the mansion from TR3 for one game release. As occurred with the TR1 Mansion being added onto for TR2 and TR3, the same would happen with the Legend Mansion (Or whatever mansion they chose to proceed with). I do not think it is fair to the developers to compare the Legend Mansion to the TR3 Mansion, as the Legend Mansion is more like the TR1 Mansion (And for the first version it is pretty impressive). If the developers changed mansions again, they would be starting from scratch again, and all the cool secrets, puzzles, and features they had planned for the next version of the present mansion wouldn't make it in. Whereas, now that they already have a good chunk of the interior of the mansion completed for Legend, they would be able to now add exterior areas, more areas indoors, etc. for the next TR game. I myself would prefer more puzzles and secrets to a prettier version of the TR1 Mansion. :)

Samoth
17th Jan 2007, 11:48
the developers should visit forums more to see how the gamers think about the game since we are the ones who pay for it.

Raider0011
17th Jan 2007, 13:30
I agree with you, and I imagine they do visit forums to some extent. At the end of the day though, if they have the choice of working on the actual game or the mansion, they are going to choose the actual game. I am simply saying that everyone should be realistic (Something that I know is very difficult for avid fans of anything). At some point we'll get to a mansion comparable to the one in TR3, and given the amount of work they put into the Legend Mansion I'm thinking that will be sooner rather than later, but they are not going to be able to devote the resources to building a mansion comparable to that of TR3 in the course of one game. Meaning, that if they start from scratch again, we will only be that much farther away from a mansion comparable to TR3. There is only so much time and development resources they can devote to a game and have it be financially feasible, and after all is said and done, the mansion is really only appreciated by the fans. It doesn't alone sell games... As much as I love the mansion, and look forward to the additions they have planned in the next version, I realize this and accept it. It's the way it is. The Legend Mansion was very nice, well layed out, and offers a tremendous amount of opportunity to add on later. If everyone wants more secrets and puzzles in the next version, don't fret I'm sure there will be plenty. If you do not want this progress, by all means push for the mansion from TR1 (Because we will not get the mansion from TR3, as it would take too much time). I do think that the Legend Mansion has a great deal of promise, and expect that after it has appeared in a couple of games (Keep in mind what appears in Legend was built for one game, whereas the mansion in TR3 was built over the course of 3 games - i.e. not a fair comparison), that the Legend Mansion would naturally evolve into a more complete and diverse mansion. :rolleyes:

ditom
17th Jan 2007, 16:11
I like very much TRL mansion but I think that if TRA is remake it should be in Tomb Raider 1 style.
In new mansion there should be very big gym and very very big swimming pool.

LaraGirl216
17th Jan 2007, 17:35
I tried to make a point in my earlier post, but I guess I didn't do such a good job... :rolleyes:

I see a lot of comments that everyone wants the mansion from TR3 because of all the secrets and such that it had. Admittedly, that was a very complete and well done mansion.

However, the developers are not going to invest the amount of time necessary to develop from scratch the mansion from TR3 for one game release. As occurred with the TR1 Mansion being added onto for TR2 and TR3, the same would happen with the Legend Mansion (Or whatever mansion they chose to proceed with). I do not think it is fair to the developers to compare the Legend Mansion to the TR3 Mansion, as the Legend Mansion is more like the TR1 Mansion (And for the first version it is pretty impressive). If the developers changed mansions again, they would be starting from scratch again, and all the cool secrets, puzzles, and features they had planned for the next version of the present mansion wouldn't make it in. Whereas, now that they already have a good chunk of the interior of the mansion completed for Legend, they would be able to now add exterior areas, more areas indoors, etc. for the next TR game. I myself would prefer more puzzles and secrets to a prettier version of the TR1 Mansion. :)

I was merely making a suggestion. :cool:

radiumvinteractive
18th Jan 2007, 00:23
I like the original 1-3 home better than the Legend home.

But remember, real homes have more than one bedroom, especially mansions. This mansion should be giant, with hallways of rooms.

There are 8 or so rooms in the 1-3 mansion. If they make this like a real mansion with 50 or so rooms, it will be awesome.

ahimsa
19th Jan 2007, 04:40
I like the Legend mansion, but wish it had more areas to play in, and outside, and a vehicle. Whatever mansion they make I hope the puzzles can be replayed and that there is much more to do.

floydthebarber
19th Jan 2007, 16:12
I don' have much of an opinion on this. The details of the mansion are trivial to me, the game play and it's environs are what I feel are important. In fact, I never even go into it unless it is to obtain something relevant to the game.

A sidenote:
When my nieces were young and I was playing TR2, I let them play but they only wanted to mess about in her home (the rest was too scary they said). But ironically they were terrified of Winston, and ran everywhere in an attempt to shake him. I used to laugh until I fell over!

pinkangel07
19th Jan 2007, 23:59
haha, i can relate with your neices! somebody HAS to be in the room if i'm going to play the Aldwych level from TR3, and even then I'm really tense with fright. my sister and i also loved the house, (we played TR3), but would lock Winston in the freezer every time! hahaha!

Whatever house they create i have decided will be fine because i'm not too picky! but i'm pretty sure it will be a rendition of the TRLegend mansion.

TRBeth
20th Jan 2007, 12:51
If they include the mansion, then I'd like to see the quality of Legend mansion expanded to include the entire estate.

The thing is, the rooms already explored in Legend, will need to be revised in order to make this version unique.

ditom
20th Jan 2007, 21:50
I have strange feeling that in tr anniversary there won't be any mansion.

Raider0011
23rd Jan 2007, 20:15
It would be very cool if they expanded the mansion to include more of the estate, I liked the exterior environments of previous mansions a lot (the zip line in TR 2 was fun. :) ). As for no mansion in this version, I don't think they would do that again (What was it Chronicles that they left the mansion out of?)... Boy did they get h@!! for that...lol... I think we'll probably see a bigger improvement in the mansion in the true sequel to Legend, but I think we'll still see a mansion this time around, and I think it will be improved and expanded upon. :D

Come to think of it, I think my favorite part of the previous mansions were the timed obstacle tracks like the zip line one from TR2. I would really like some things like that in TRA (Oh, and it should be on XBox 360)...

mrcube
23rd Jan 2007, 20:24
I think all us fans would prefer them to include the original mansion, if they had all the time and money in the world to make it good, but like previously said, it wouldn't be good, because they would have coded it from scratch.

I think the sad truth is that we'll see the Legend mansion expanded, but I'd still prefer the original, if they could get it up to TR3 standard.

Raider0011
23rd Jan 2007, 20:27
I'm confidant that they will get the mansion to the TR3 point eventually, they just need some time to do it. It's quite the undertaking, and everything takes more time to code now than it did back then too...

Lara Croft Wanna Be
18th Feb 2007, 02:07
Im pretty sure bandmarcher means he/she wasnts to see the TR1 mansion with the crates and the pool gym... it is a REMAKE it shouldn't be TR3 Quality

Even though some will complain its too small like i said before this isnt a3 remake its tr1,

Its not like you can make her sit in chairs or cook/eat meals or sleep in bed or shower... so whats the point if all the useless stuff. Do you walk on your dining room table ???? if you do you need a friend lol

Trinity88
20th Feb 2007, 16:21
Hey Guys!

Just wanted to let you know, that i bought this magazine today, and it says that Lara's mansion in Anniversary is, "The biggest, most detailed mansion yet".

It also says that the Levels "The levels encourage you to *mess* about- to explore and experiment"!!

Raider0011
20th Feb 2007, 16:25
I've tried to explain why it is unlikely we will see a TR 3 mansion, so I give up.

Trinity, that is very exciting news. I can't wait to see what they end up doing. I love roaming around the mansion. :D

Trinity88
20th Feb 2007, 16:36
I know its really exciting, i have other news too but im not sure if i'm allowed to post it as some of the things may be classed as spoilers

Raider0011
20th Feb 2007, 16:52
Spoilers should be fine. The only thing that you can't mention as far as I know is the "other anniversary game" that Core was developing.

Anyone can correct me if I am wrong.

jason
20th Feb 2007, 23:49
i think that would be awesome if they gave us the movie mansion!!

with the grounds to explore!

& maybe some pets. :)

David we are talking about the great TOMB RAIDER game you can't have pets running around,it just wouldnt seem right.I was thinking maybe the legend mansion as i aint had a chance to play the very original but on that note i suggest maybe the indoor gym and also the out door one as well like on TR3 to prepare us for out no doubt long and tretorous journey through the levels.But one thing is for sure i deffinatly CAN'T wait for it to come out and see what improvments have been made.

barabora
22nd Feb 2007, 07:53
This poll validation is finished?!?!
This topic also interesting.
This is here you go, my idea.

N.B.: Click here (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=1562440&postcount=108)~

In fact, user doesn't want to play in bigger house.
Rather user need more fun stuffs in the house.
(This is my arguing, More horror in the level, More fun in the home.)
This is "Key Point" of Lara's home in the future. So they need to see
any original concept from Lara's home... Wheather "Manor" or "Masion"
or "Home" or "Hide-out"... etc... This mean... There was kitchen in TRL?!?!
gym, swiming pull, and out-side physical trainning course!!!
Mabye user could go out of house in TRL... This poll result
showing so different. I'm swear!!! I beleive it!!! I betting!!!
So EIDOS team should introduce same concept of Lara's original HOME.
(=kitchen, swming-pull, bed-room, bath-room, gym, etc...
out-side fercilites and Auto-bike course. same like TR_02, 03.)

Totally same like old Lara's home or not is not important!!!
We can surely do re-constructing like TRL. But Lara's home of TRL
is a little bit crumzy. Rather modeling of house same like TR_02, 03
was better. More important thing is these concepts of original house!!!
Having more fun stuffs in there. Why not go on to the ROOF?
through the chemney. (such like "Parisien Ghetto" in AOD.) :nut:
manor
N-COUNT oft in names after n A manor is a large private house in the country, usually built in the Middle Ages, and also includes the land and smaller buildings around it. [[[ BRIT ,]]] Thieves broke into the manor at night.
When I hear "Manor" in TRL... "Ahha~ Now We can go over the GATE
and we can some tour(=increasing Lara's action boundary) by Auto-bike
on the Lara's home country town!!! Sound so great!!!" But... Huh?!?! Ugh?!?!
We can't go out of house?!?! What's going on? Is this real "Manor"?!?!
It was Very big disappoint... :mad2:

I prefer the origional mansion. I thought the legend mansion was depressing:( but the gym was o.k.

Yeah~ I agree. Rather my impression was... screat tunnel below swming-pull is new on my eye. That's good try to re-modeling. :whistle:

I like the original 1-3 home better than the Legend home.But remember, real homes have more than one bedroom, especially mansions. This mansion should be giant, with hallways of rooms.There are 8 or so rooms in the 1-3 mansion. If they make this like a real mansion with 50 or so rooms, it will be awesome.

TRL home is too low for me. This HEIGHT mesuring is also important to TR. If you need to see many room, what room do you want to see in Lara's home?

haha, i can relate with your neices! somebody HAS to be in the room if i'm going to play the Aldwych level from TR3, and even then I'm really tense with fright. my sister and i also loved the house, (we played TR3), but would lock Winston in the freezer every time! hahaha!Whatever house they create i have decided will be fine because i'm not too picky! but i'm pretty sure it will be a rendition of the TRLegend mansion.

Yeah~ So kitchen in Lara's home is important. :rasp:

I don't really know... I know that the Legend mansion was way too small....I....hmmm.... i dunno maybe they can sort of combine them together:scratch: I would be kinda weird if you got the legend mansion in that time

Small one, Big one is not important... We don't need any Gold-medal(?) in Lara's home. Rather we need to see any different site of Lara's home as a "secret-area" unkwon to us. e.g. ROOF. another speace of under-ground... etc.

ggctuk
24th Feb 2007, 10:23
It will be the updated TR1 Mansion (yay!)

ElevenTR
10th Apr 2007, 11:37
the old mansion was good, but i think that the legend/movie version is better because it's an actual house. the old one was blocky, and was based off of imagination. i know a cheat to get to the roof of the house in tomb raider III, and with that being said, it's not spectacular. so having the real home can help out Eidos and Crystal Dynamics because they can keep on being great video game creators, and architects can be great mansion builders.

WELL OF COURSE ITS BLOCKY :mad: IT WAS POOR GRAPHICS BUT GOOD AT THE TIME!!! Lara has three abbingdon estates so use the legend one as one estate, the original one revamped as the other, and then let CD create a whole new mansion as the third one! :D :D :D

gopher666
10th Apr 2007, 13:33
Neither. I want the Legend Mansion but not revised - expanded! So many doors in that house for updates. What about those doors above the pool and gym and the ones below the bedroom and library. I WANT A KITCHEN! I WANT A WALK IN FREEZER! I WANT A WINSTON THAT WALKS ABOUT!

LunaOrchid
10th Apr 2007, 13:39
I'd like a bit of both really I'd like lots of puzzles in the Mansion but I've liked all of the Mansions in TR games so far anyway

gsusfrk
10th Apr 2007, 13:58
I hated how the screen went black once you went throrugh a door, my eyesight doesn't blind me each time i walk through a door. lol.:rasp:

LisaB1962
10th Apr 2007, 15:19
You know what I want for the mansion?

*looks left, looks right*

I want to go back there after every mission. I want to equip myself for each mission, choose the weapons, the gear. I want each level to be played differently depending on the gear I choose. Magnetic grapple will get me there quicker before the secret's door closes, but I get more experience rank by going the long way. More experience=more unlockables.

That's what I want. A customizable adventure all starting in the mansion.

The replay value would be insane.

ElevenTR
10th Apr 2007, 15:55
You know what I want for the mansion?

*looks left, looks right*

I want to go back there after every mission. I want to equip myself for each mission, choose the weapons, the gear. I want each level to be played differently depending on the gear I choose. Magnetic grapple will get me there quicker before the secret's door closes, but I get more experience rank by going the long way. More experience=more unlockables.

That's what I want. A customizable adventure all starting in the mansion.

The replay value would be insane.
Brilliant! i love it!

ditom
10th Apr 2007, 16:02
Yeah.I like it too.

LisaB1962
10th Apr 2007, 16:18
Thanks. I think it would be great to be able to play as you prefer. I hated all the stupid gun battles in Legend, but I'm sure there are those that thought it was more fun than man was meant to have. Same with the bike races.

But choosing how Lara completes the level could be hella cool. Stealthy or guns-blazing. High tech or crawl through the dirt. You choose.

ElevenTR
10th Apr 2007, 19:35
As i have mentioned many times this links in - when in the mansion, i want to remove the belts and bags, i hate the clanking about sometimes. it feels more free without the gear - thats why i always used to wear the bikini cos you cant see the horrible gear. I dont mind it in missions but please have an option to remove it in the mansion. PLLEEEAAASSSSEEEE!

mrcube
10th Apr 2007, 19:50
Yeah, I want Lara, like she'd actually be at home, who's wheres all there tech and outing gear in the house? No one! :D

...It feels more free without the gear - thats why i always used to wear the bikini...

Sure that was the only reason? :p

ElevenTR
10th Apr 2007, 20:03
Yeah, I want Lara, like she'd actually be at home, who's wheres all there tech and outing gear in the house? No one! :D

Sure that was the only reason? :p

Yes im very sure... :whistle: