PDA

View Full Version : Hitman Bloodmoney quits unexpectedly in Curtians down *SPOILER warning*

dis0rder
25th Dec 2006, 18:38
Bloodmoney seems to crash on curtains down every single time i attempt to play at the level, in particular during either one of the two ocassions:

1) If i enter the restroom (at the beginning to the level) and strangle the mechanic and put him in the nearby box. It crashes whenever I press the "action key" to close the lid or drag him into the box.

2) Or when i enter the staircase that leads to the basement area, at some unexpected time.

I even installed the 1.2 patch, I minimized my graphic settings (disabled AA and AF) at 1024 x 768, and disabled EAX for Sound. My computer is configured as follows:

E6300 Core 2 Duo
Geforce 7900 GS 256 megs
1 Gigabyte of RAM
WinXP SP2
Integrated Sound (SOUNDMAX HD)

Of course the game runs perfectly fine for the first two levels, but it quits unexpectedly to desktop w/o any error messages. I would really appriciate some help at this point.

Thanks

gmo1901
26th Dec 2006, 07:20
I get EXACTLY the same problem as you, except I've found that it associates more with the beginning of the Opera Singer starting his rehearsal, which can be heard just before the game crashes to the desktop.

I've applied the 1.2 patch. I've updated my Video Card Drivers. I've put my graphic settings on 'low'. Anyone got any more help?

P4 3.2mHz
1 Gig DDR Ram
X800 All-in-wonder

missilx
5th Jan 2007, 19:17
I had this exact problem that started occuring on that exact mission. I found it to be my audio drivers. I have the Realtek AC97 Audio and found that the drivers were extremely old. As soon as I updated them, the problem has yet to happen.

Hope that helps.

Kalori
17th Mar 2007, 07:16
I have that problem too, I haven't found a solution to this..

I'm gonna try and update my audio -and graphic drivers and see what happens..

I have the the Realtek AC97 Audio also, I'm going to update it and see if it helps..