PDA

View Full Version : Nosgoth intro.

blueobelix
12th Oct 2013, 02:37
Well since we are devotes fans ( i personally am) to this francise/game/story i was thinking as long we are discussing every aspect of the game for a game like Nosgoth ( even if we didnt seen it yet would fit a nice beautiful intro. This idea came while i was reading what has being wreothe on the nosgoth blog/ main lage. I tought it would be cool if someone prefferably familiar like kain, raziel or ianos voice prefferably janos to storytell what has been written in there. Not all of of us reads all that most of them are like "TLDR" and some cant even read english, so i tougbt a nice intro like the one i will give as example. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb3-XVGNCgo . No masked advertiaing here, just an idea. What do you guys think? Oh and for he non english speakers, subtitlea would be great.

LOFO1993
12th Oct 2013, 09:41
I would rule out Janos cause he's long dead when the game takes place. And Raziel has already been cast into the abyss, so he should know nothing of what is happening.

An intro featuring Kain's voice to briefly explain that he's going to leave and that his empire will be left to an endless war between humans and vampires (the one we'll fight in the game) would surely be cool and appropriate. Please Psyonix, think about it, it would be a very appealing addition for the fans.

MasterShuriko
12th Oct 2013, 10:00
I would rule out Janos cause he's long dead when the game takes place. And Raziel has already been cast into the abyss, so he should know nothing of what is happening.

An intro featuring Kain's voice to briefly explain that he's going to leave and that his empire will be left to an endless war between humans and vampires (the one we'll fight in the game) would surely be cool and appropriate. Please Psyonix, think about it, it would be a very appealing addition for the fans.

Agreed!
*chant*
We want Kain!
We want Kain!
We want Kain!

LOFO1993
12th Oct 2013, 12:03
Oh and for he non english speakers, subtitlea would be great.

I think that's the least if the game will be localized in other languages. Whether or not that will happen is still unknown, by the way. I guess that at least the texts will be available in five or six languages at launch. I mean, I hope.

I'm a bit concerned about how -and if- a possible italian dubbing would be (I'm italian). Kain had always been voiced by the same voice actor, Riccardo Lombardo, until Defiance, where for no clear reason the whole italian voice cast changed. The new actor, Alberto Olivero, is a very good dubber, but all the fans were used to Lombardo's voice, which is very, very different in pitch and style.
Now, having a third voice would just confuse things even more, I guess, and make it "less Kain" than ever.

Swagraven
16th Oct 2013, 19:38
I think Moebius narrating would be a nice touch.

LOFO1993
16th Oct 2013, 19:43
Isn't Moebius dead by now? I mean... we actually can't be sure of it, as long as we see him dead only in alternate futures, but Kain kills him in Blood Omen and he's never heard of again, so it would surely mare things more complicated to explain...

ZeroFernir
17th Oct 2013, 12:03
Isn't Moebius dead by now? I mean... we actually can't be sure of it, as long as we see him dead only in alternate futures, but Kain kills him in Blood Omen and he's never heard of again, so it would surely mare things more complicated to explain...

Moebius can simply come back from a future -.-'

Gaiseric
17th Oct 2013, 13:42
I think Kain narrating the intro (ala Defiance style) would be a very nice touch and would be a more impactful connection to the story-based games. Long time fans would get the feels and newcomers would be drawn into the mythos and rediscover the old games. Kain's voice is far more iconic than say Moebius and it'd make more sense.

LordNekronom
18th Oct 2013, 11:54
I think Kain narrating the intro (ala Defiance style) would be a very nice touch and would be a more impactful connection to the story-based games. Long time fans would get the feels and newcomers would be drawn into the mythos and rediscover the old games. Kain's voice is far more iconic than say Moebius and it'd make more sense.
I agree

LOFO1993
18th Oct 2013, 14:55
I agree

Me too.