PDA

View Full Version : Her Weapons...

Legend_of_Lara
25th Dec 2006, 15:52
Will her pistols change?:scratch: Because at the pictures her weapons are different from other games.:rolleyes: What do you think will they change?if they will change what do you think?:scratch:

Treeble
25th Dec 2006, 15:56
They look like the same pistols she had in the first games. And in the respective action figures. :rasp:

Legend_of_Lara
25th Dec 2006, 16:05
They look like the same pistols she had in the first games. And in the respective action figures. :rasp:

yeah.but in "Legend" they were different,they were black...

Headache
25th Dec 2006, 19:16
Well the technology in TR advanced just as much as the technology we use to make TR.
Since color seems to be the most noticeable:
In Legend, they made the pistols look more powerful and attractive. Now, IMO, I think the black is a nice touch. But judging from the newest HQ image for TRA, they appear to be completely silver just like in the original TR games. Respectively.

Wow. I feel like I just over explained myself about the color of Lara's pistols....

o_0

Verios
25th Dec 2006, 19:32
Frankly in the TR:Anniversary I'd really like to see her only be able to actually use her pistols. I mean...yes it's a video game but how on earth did those uzi's make down into that tomb :D along with all that ammo, we sure did have some advanced civilizations back in the day :D

Dad
25th Dec 2006, 20:49
The shotguns were good cause in some games you could not kill the bones so you had to blow them off a ledge.
They could make it so she purchases them on the way to her next tomb instead of finding them in a tomb. Ammo should always be unlimited. :)

ladylinnycroft
25th Dec 2006, 21:04
yeah.but in "Legend" they were different,they were black...
the legend guns were the same as the movie guns and AOD guns.....these look like the original pistols to me......Legend guns were two tone like the super p8's and brownings

Legend_of_Lara
26th Dec 2006, 15:25
the legend guns were the same as the movie guns and AOD guns.....these look like the original pistols to me......Legend guns were two tone like the super p8's and brownings

so,which is better?..:scratch: :scratch:

ladylinnycroft
27th Dec 2006, 18:04
well i would say the p8's/brownings are pretty amazing babies....but for sheer brute force you gotta choose desert eagles every time.....one of if not THE most powerful handgun in the world.....they pack a punch with maximum damage

Legend_of_Lara
27th Dec 2006, 18:23
i think the two weapons both are perfect:cool: :cool: :rolleyes:

StarChampagne
27th Dec 2006, 18:52
So long as these things kill dinosaurs and stuff, it's good with me :)

Actually they better look like guns. Also, I would very much like to play with Uzis in this game. In Legend, realistic or not, those rifles just didn't do it for me :)

ChOnyD
28th Dec 2006, 00:16

Actually they better look like guns. Also, I would very much like to play with Uzis in this game. In Legend, realistic or not, those rifles just didn't do it for me :)

I agree!:thumbsup:

Headache
28th Dec 2006, 00:17
Yeah well.... Either she has magic pistols or the dinos aren't very tough because obviously you can't exactly kill them with two pistols. In Jurassic Park you didn't see anyone using pistols.... But hey. We'll just stick with magic pistols :)

Also, I would very much like to play with Uzis in this game.
I second that one. Gotta love uzis, eh?

ChOnyD
28th Dec 2006, 01:13
Yea...but we never really know what can and cannot really kill a T-rex:scratch:

Headache
28th Dec 2006, 02:34
Yea...but we never really know what can and cannot really kill a T-rex:scratch:
A grenade launcher probably could.
Or... In the unlikely case, a dart gun to tranq it. But then of course it would wake up... Oh well. Not important. The pistols are basically enough and that's that.

Legend_of_Lara
31st Dec 2006, 11:40
i wanna ask something...Will there only animals and dinosours in Anniversary or there will people like in Legend?

Treeble
31st Dec 2006, 11:55
If they stay true to the original, there will only be humans as "bosses", and there'd be 6 of them. 1 for Peru (Larsen), 1 for Greece/Egypt (Pierre), 4 for Atlantis (the Cowboy, the Skateboard Kid, the Bald man and Natla). :)

Legend_of_Lara
31st Dec 2006, 12:02
If they stay true to the original, there will only be humans as "bosses", and there'd be 6 of them. 1 for Peru (Larsen), 1 for Greece/Egypt (Pierre), 4 for Atlantis (the Cowboy, the Skateboard Kid, the Bald man and Natla). :)

are these names of bosses?and an Egypt levl!?!?:scratch: :nut:

Treeble
31st Dec 2006, 14:16
Yep. Never played TR1? :scratch:

Deadly47
31st Dec 2006, 19:45
Yea bearly any hummans but damn. They were like super humans. You should em with the pistole about 40 times and they still ant dead.

I wounder if there will be secert rooms. And that part with the giant swords that try to land on you.

Legend_of_Lara
1st Jan 2007, 12:58
Yep. Never played TR1? :scratch:

no.:( :) :D

David 070
1st Jan 2007, 16:26
i think core should make her pistols look like silver!

she can afford silver pistols since she is very rich!:D

& please,whatever they do. please add in the m15 machine gun!!! i love that weapon the best!!!! :)

Treeble
1st Jan 2007, 17:14
Core? Core doesn't exist anymore. Nor has had anything to do with TR for quite a while.

Joshorty
2nd Jan 2007, 01:13
And I miss them:( Without them, even this game from Crystal wouldn't have happened. I'm grateful to them:)

Yea bearly any hummans but damn. They were like super humans. You should em with the pistole about 40 times and they still ant dead.

I wounder if there will be secert rooms. And that part with the giant swords that try to land on you.
I KNOW - the humans were like invincible! Well that was 1996 so yeah. And I hope you don't get shotguns before the T-REX encounter 'cause you can kill them off in matter of seconds with them or uzis! Pistols took the time and thrill:D (although I was scared back then..). Unless Crystal make them T-REX super tough that's great:tmb:
And the room with the striking SWORDS - MAN that scared me:Dalong with the other rooms in that level. THOR was my favourite:tmb::D

ggctuk
2nd Jan 2007, 11:45
Confirmed Armoury:

Pistols (Browning 9MMs from TR1)
Shotgun (From what has been said, it's the TR1 Shotgun)
Uzi 9mm make a return!

Rumours:

Magnums make a return

ditom
2nd Jan 2007, 13:27
I don't like UZI.The best weapon for Lara are postols from TRL.

lara_legend
2nd Jan 2007, 23:01
i also liked the legend guns better

Verios
3rd Jan 2007, 08:45
Anyone hoping they've done away with the range thing from Legends on her guns and the whole bonus mods from finding secrets thing? I mean..how bad of a shot can she be at that close of range. She's a freaking expert at this remember CD!

Joshorty
4th Jan 2007, 03:51
Heeeeee :D

Legend_of_Lara
4th Jan 2007, 15:25
I don't like UZI.The best weapon for Lara are postols from TRL.

yes,yes,yes... i agree:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ziad
6th Jan 2007, 01:43
i think from the unofficial trailer she can aim at two things at once... also just asking treeble? what skatebored kid or the bald guy?... unless ure talking about the giant legless thing and the weird clone but the clone wasn't a boss... and oh btw i say just keeping the pistols and like choosing what extra weapon you want before the level or something... just coz i have this thing about jumping when ure carrying a load of metal in ure bag and belt LOL

ziad
6th Jan 2007, 01:47
it would've been cool if she can keep her guns out and run with them, coz it scares the players more, i remember playing the original tomb raiders and being on edge all the time... and when creepy music played... literelly everytime i would jump up and draw my/her guns... i think legend took that factor away from tomb raider, but it would be great if they brought that back :D

Joshorty
6th Jan 2007, 06:25
it would've been cool if she can keep her guns out and run with them, coz it scares the players more, i remember playing the original tomb raiders and being on edge all the time... and when creepy music played... literelly everytime i would jump up and draw my/her guns... i think legend took that factor away from tomb raider, but it would be great if they brought that back :D
...Someone make a thread about this on both this and on the Anniversary section of tombraiderforums.com (www.tombraiderforums.com):D 'cause I mis that too:(

Treeble
6th Jan 2007, 17:54
also just asking treeble? what skatebored kid or the bald guy?...

Both appear in Natla's Mines.

Deadly47
6th Jan 2007, 19:40
Well forget seeing the legends weapons in this game. They didnt exist in the time paraidy in which the game takes. Ither way no offisive but the guns in legend were crap i liked her old ones. But in reality its the same gun all the time.

Alexlovesguns
7th Jan 2007, 12:36
The Legend pistols were from the movies, since i didnt like the movies at all i say good ridance to them...:whistle: . The shotgun, MP5 and GL were useless, i used the carbine all the time since there was ammo for it all over the place and it was the most powerfull weapon, in previous TR's all weapons were usefull and fun to play with..

I hope they make TR:A based on... TR gaming, not those **** TR action movies, please!

deltaforce128
23rd Mar 2007, 23:53
I hope the magnums return!

Kali84
24th Mar 2007, 03:51
The pistols from legend were way too powerful. Almost jokingly powerful. I never had to use any of the other guns.

The pistols in TR1 had a perfect amount of power. They were useful til about Tomb of Tihocan and then the magnums took over. Then by the time you got to Atlantis it was pretty much shotgun and uzis only, unless you had 50 healthpacks.

I think all the original guns, with the possible addition of the harpoon gun (or something to use underwater) would be perfect. I wouldnt be mad if they put in the m16 from TR2, but I think it would be overkill for most of the levels.

barabora
24th Mar 2007, 06:25
OK~ folks~ I will ready to make this issue with POLL now. Becuase this topic
have "red-envelop" so this topic has a POLL is normal(?) LOGIC~ hehehe~ :nut:
What questions-option are better for this issue? Let's see....hmmm...
Anybody can insert here any other already seen before TR serise or new ones.
(surely with pic including like below.)

http://lonix.byus.net/legende/gr.jpg http://lonix.byus.net/legende/smg.jpg http://lonix.byus.net/legende/rf.jpg
http://lonix.byus.net/legende/item1.jpg http://lonix.byus.net/legende/item4.jpg http://lonix.byus.net/legende/item2.jpg

What weapons are the most really want to see in the future TR?
(Excluding Default Lara's weapons: Dual-pistol, Shot-gun, UZIs)

(1)PISTOLS

(1-1) Desert Eagle
(1-2) Magnum
(1-3) Revolver
(1-4) Luger
(1-5) Raser gun (AOD)
(1-6) G-G (grapple-gun)
(1-7) ?

(2)RIFLES

(2-1) M16 (TR_02,03)
(2-2) MP5 (TR_03,05)
(2-3) RC-650 (Assault Rifle)
(2-4) SMG
(2-5) AK-47
(2-6) ?
(2-7) ?
(2-8) ?

(3)EXPLOSIVE

(3-1) TNT
(3-2) BIG-CIGAR
(3-3) grenade (including & excluding GUN)
(3-1) ?

(4)etc.

(4-1) Jack-knife
(4-2) Bow & Arrow & Spear
(4-3) Tube-line & Y tree (Old-Mill in TR_05)
(4-4) ?

(5)I don't care about this issue.

Treeble
24th Mar 2007, 16:11
We don't care about polls. We simply don't.

cgreene415
24th Mar 2007, 18:18
to clear things up. Back in TR 1 when she was exploring she used regular Colt .45 Cal pistols(in Anniversary) to do her biz. In TR 1 they are actually suppost to be 9mm pistols which explains their weakness, took forever to kill something. But Legend is after tomb raider 6. Anniversary is a remake of the first so they simply did not have the USP Match .45(Yes they are real pistols, the developers did not just make them up, like people believe) pistols she uses in legend. So there is your answer, legend is in the present where she uses more technically advanced stuff. Like the blue tooth headset w/ camera and with all the high tech comp. stuff, her 2 techno buddies Zip and Allister, and her long time butler she grew up with Winston who is in TR 1. But he is a bit younger in legend which makes more sense because in TR1 he was like 110 years old, if you ask me having a 110 year old butler whos bones shake all over his body when he tries to serve you is abuse!!!!!!!!!!! yes he was shaking in TR1. You could even lock him in the freezer :lmao:

Anyway, yeah so her pistols in legend are perfect and makes sense that she would choose the H&K USP Match .45 pistols in legend. They have reduced recoil with the Match buffer at the tip which makes it one of the more accurate pistols in the world(which is why they seem so "powerful" in legend), that is the "black part"(with the ridges underneath for additional attachments) that you guys refered to it as. Hopefully she will have the same ones in TR8 and stay consistant because they are my fav. pistols.

With recoil buffer
http://www.armeafeu.com/classees/get.php?id=1080

With out recoil buffer
http://www.theothersideofkim.com/images/2005files/H-K_USP45_-_1_thumb.jpg

ditom
24th Mar 2007, 22:19
I like guns from TRL but those silver 9mm are ok.

Ultimate Tomb Raider
25th Mar 2007, 20:50
& please,whatever they do. please add in the m15 machine gun!!! i love that weapon the best!!!! :) no i think they should keep the original weapons...i love the magnums!:D

Ultimate Tomb Raider
28th Mar 2007, 20:02
i only want 4 simple weapons. pistols,shotgun,magnums,uzis:D

Tomb-Dude
28th Mar 2007, 20:45
Doesn't really both me that much 1 because i will mostly use the pistols and 2 i cant remember tr1 weopons lol!!!!

gsusfrk
28th Mar 2007, 22:08
they should make everything hard to kill, spend more time on not only exploring but action as well :D

Lara Croft Wanna Be
17th Apr 2007, 21:29
i like the origional pistols soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo *breaths* ooooooooooooo much better, the legend pistols didnt do it for me, and they didnt really sound like guns, the aod wepons sounded real.

I cant wait for this game!

gsusfrk
18th Apr 2007, 13:12
i only want 4 simple weapons. pistols,shotgun,magnums,uzis:D

a rocket launcher is pretty simple :rasp:

Cherry Hardy
18th Apr 2007, 22:21
I always like the M16