PDA

View Full Version : Gamecube or Wii support?

cusman
24th Dec 2006, 14:57
I played Tomb Raider Legend on gamecube... first tomb raider game for me... so I finally get that this game is actually pretty good... right in line with those Prince of Persia games.

Anyway, I hope this remake of the original is also released on Gamecube or Wii cause I want to play it. The Resident Evil remakes on the Gamecube were great way for me to play the orignal Resident Evil games which also I had never played before.

I hope there is enough people that want this for the developer to make the extra effort of making it for multiple platforms so that every person that likes this type of game can enjoy it on their favorite console.

yatesDELTA
3rd Jan 2007, 10:17
i am getting a wii soon but i dont htink i could playh TR on anything but pc. ive used pc since i first startedp laying otmbraider, years ago

Raider0011
5th Jan 2007, 17:24
I also strongly support the game being released on multiple platforms (For me I'm hoping for the XBox 360). Hopefully the developers will decide to release the game on multiple platforms, as I think that makes the most sense both for Eidos and the fans.

-Matt

ziad
6th Jan 2007, 01:35
yeah i know looooads of u want it on wii... but how the hell will you be able to play it with that controler, with the jumping and the grabbing lol and the guns out and the pulling and grapple... lol just saying it'll be hell...

Raider0011
9th Jan 2007, 17:07
I don't own a Wii, so those that do can correct me if I am wrong. My understanding though is that the Motion Sensing capability is NOT required to be used (And in fact, there is a standard controller that is used for the games from Nintendo Arcade which do not support the motion sensor). I don't see this as being a problem at all for development, or game play, as the developers would not need to make use of the motion sensor capability unless they so chose...

Zelda Master
9th Jan 2007, 17:35
your right, they dont need Motion sensing, but its deffinantly the greatest thing about the Wii:lmao:

Raider0011
11th Jan 2007, 02:03
your right, they dont need Motion sensing, but its deffinantly the greatest thing about the Wii:lmao:

I agree 100%, but my point is I hope that developers don't look at the feature and say either 1) This game isn't really well suited to motion sensing, but we'll implement it anyway it will just be frustrating, or not effective, or 2) We can't really think of a revolutionary use of the motion sensing, so we won't bring the game to the platform. If either of these turn out to be the case (Even just once), it would be a terrible shame. I hope that if the developers can't think of a great use for this feature, or the game is not particularly well suited to the feature, that they realize this and just bring the game to the console without implementing this feature. Not bringing a game to the platform for either of these reasons is a disservice to the fans, and cuts out a customer base unnecessarily.

rabid metro
12th Jan 2007, 04:47
playing tombraider on the wii seems very compelling to me. lara has many actions that are a good fit for the wii (i.e. grappling, shooting, tossing grenade). besides not everything needs to be motion-controlled. you could still use the nunchuks for walking/running/driving and pickup, etc. . if it is well thought out, i think i'd like TR8 on the wii.

Raider0011
12th Jan 2007, 17:23
I agree that there is some real potential there, but it would need to be very well thought out. Adding the motion sensor feature to Tomb Raider (Or action / adventure games in general) could go horribly wrong if not done right. With that said, I would love to see what CS would come up with for use with the Wii console and hope that future Tomb Raider games (Including Anniversary) are released on all consoles.

xbaa
14th Jan 2007, 11:06
If the game is for PS2 a gamecube port won't be much of a problem an you can play it on the wii.
two birds one stone !

rabid metro
14th Jan 2007, 17:03
If the game is for PS2 a gamecube port won't be much of a problem an you can play it on the wii.
two birds one stone !

ummm ... yes, but true wii support is different than merely being able to play gamecube on the wii. i'm envisioning motion-controlled grappling and fighting sequences on the wii that are just button presses anywhere else ...

Raider0011
16th Jan 2007, 18:11
I would be interested in seeing what CS could do with the motion sensor capability of the Wii, but I honestly don't feel that the feature is well suited to an action / adventure game. I hope that they prove me wrong, but I would rather they not implement support for this feature than implement it poorly...

radiumvinteractive
18th Jan 2007, 00:07
A Wii version of TR:A would be amazing. I've played games that don't seem like they should be on Wii - like Madden '07 and Dragon Ball Z, and they are amazing on Wii. I think (hypothetically) if the developers really thought about it, the game would be even better on Wii than PS2 (but not PC, for various reasons).

Joshorty
21st Jan 2007, 08:03
Don't get me wrong - anything to interact in gaming is awesome :D But I thnk having thiese controls may cause some issues or something...it's hard to put up an example here 'cause some games people might not know..sorry..that was poorly said. Unless they do it well, I'm glad:D for the Wii-ERS:D (plannin' on gettin' one sooner:rolleyes:)