25th Dec 2006, 14:57
Greate, that's it! Thanks.

Headache
25th Dec 2006, 15:11
Hey thanks!
:)

jgxenite
25th Dec 2006, 16:37
Wow, liking the theme tune! Got lots of the traditional tune in it :)

James

burt_ie
27th Dec 2006, 10:31
Very nice indeed. :D
Its good to Finlay hear the old tune back!
I was a little disappointed not to hear any of the classical "Ahhh's" that were in the original.
I hope that there will be some in the game, they were very haunting and helped to set the atmosphere and also provided some of the most memorable moments of TR1.

As good as the game is looking and sounding so far I will be a little bit disheartened with out the "Ahh's" (but only a little bit) :)

pinkangel07
29th Dec 2006, 01:44
im glad to see i'm not the only one who liked the original Tomb Raider Theme. I think the best rendition was the third one. I really love Tomb Raider's music, especially the Tomb Raider III's. I have it on my ipod now, even....

jgxenite
29th Dec 2006, 10:56
I've got music from all the games (except Chronicles/AOD - didn't really find any music that was original/appealing). I think most of my music consists of that from Legend - I've even started making "fade-thru remix" tracks of a few from the different levels.

James

jgxenite
29th Dec 2006, 10:57
I will be a little bit disheartened with out the "Ahh's" (but only a little bit) :)

I have to admit, I do miss a few of the original features of the Tomb Raider theme - the Ahh's included, and the nice harp section at the start and finish.

James

burt_ie
29th Dec 2006, 15:40
I love the harp too!
Its just not the same without it :(

pinkangel07
29th Dec 2006, 16:20
i played the "cistern" level soo many times, probably because i loved to hear it on the level, lol. Just like I play "Jungle" on TR3, just to hear the Jungle song... lol. If there's no other reason, let it be for the music to play Tomb Raider!

jgxenite
29th Dec 2006, 16:22
Aye indeed, often I play Tomb Raider JUST for that reason!

James

burt_ie
29th Dec 2006, 17:18
I used to love the Jungle tune from TR3 as well :D

jgxenite
29th Dec 2006, 19:30
Hey all,

Just to alert you to a small problem I've found with the music (not entirely sure where I downloaded it from but I think it is common across all sources) is that the audio is in 32000Hz, not a standard frequency for MP3s etc. I found that Rhythmbox under Linux refused to play the MP3. However, by importing it into Audacity, and changing the Project Frequency to 44100Hz (I believe that is the standard frequency) and exporting the MP3, it should work OK. :)

Hope that helps anyone who might have been having a problem.
James

pinkangel07
30th Dec 2006, 01:41
my computer had trouble playing it on Windows Media Player. The song played through all right, but my computer froze, so I had to do ctrl+alt+delete, blah blah blah, etc etc etc...

I will try what you did and see if that helps. If not, I'll let the official website loop it for me.

jgxenite
30th Dec 2006, 12:32
I will try what you did and see if that helps. If not, I'll let the official website loop it for me.

Or I could send you my updated version if you prefer :).

James

pinkangel07
30th Dec 2006, 22:28
go ahead and do that, it's probably faster

tiggerangel90@aol.com

thank you!:D

jgxenite
31st Dec 2006, 12:34
Email should be on its way to you now. Enjoy :).

James

StarChampagne
31st Dec 2006, 14:21
I like it. I am so glad there's the original tune in there. Thanks :)

Although nothing can beat the original, imo :)

Po Yu
1st Jan 2007, 21:48
I love this music and thank CD for go back the classic tune!!!

In fact, this music remind me Joe Hisaishi's works!
Joe Hisaishi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Hisaishi)-wiki
Sound more magic!!!:thumbsup:
btw, I miss "Ahhh's", too!

Joshorty
2nd Jan 2007, 00:54
I'm so tempted to hear this...but I wanna save it 'til I get it:D Even though it's on the official site already...

ggctuk
2nd Jan 2007, 11:38
Very nice indeed. :D
Its good to Finlay hear the old tune back!
I was a little disappointed not to hear any of the classical "Ahhh's" that were in the original.
I hope that there will be some in the game, they were very haunting and helped to set the atmosphere and also provided some of the most memorable moments of TR1.

As good as the game is looking and sounding so far I will be a little bit disheartened with out the "Ahh's" (but only a little bit) :)

NATHAN McCREE (TR1, TR2, TR3) will NOT be doing the score of this game. It'll be Legend's composer, Troels B. Folmann. It's a shame, he said he was coming back to the project soon 6 months ago, that was probably to Core's PSP 10th Anniversary Edition.

jgxenite
2nd Jan 2007, 11:57
NATHAN McCREE (TR1, TR2, TR3) will NOT be doing the score of this game. It'll be Legend's composer, Troels B. Folmann. It's a shame, he said he was coming back to the project soon 6 months ago, that was probably to Core's PSP 10th Anniversary Edition.

It is quite a shame that Nathan and Troels couldn't collaborate on it - after all, Nathan did create the original soundtrack for TR1 (even though I've missed most of it - why the hell was most of it cut from the PC edition?!). I think a joint effort between them both would have created a brilliant soundtrack.

That said, I feel that Troels did an excellent job with the Legend soundtrack so I can only assume he will make similar efforts with the Anniversary soundtrack :).

ggctuk
3rd Jan 2007, 09:44
For those who have the PC version:

www.mccreemusic.com

It only has 4 tracks from TR1 (But they were separated - it has the title theme as well as music from TR2 and TR3 - all Nathan's) but I've made a composition track labelled "The T-Rex" which can be found here:

The T-Rex (http://www.freewebs.com/ggctuk2005/Music/trex%5FTR.mp3)

Despite the name, the T-Rex track was used in the Caves (For the lots of wolves bit where you had to pull the timed lever to open the double doors), and in Atlantis and the Great Pyramid (The first bit was used for the big boss)

jgxenite
3rd Jan 2007, 20:56
Yes, it is unfortunate we PC users can't hear all of the wonderful tracks that Nathan composed for Tomb Raider 1. However, you can hear them by downloading the Glidos Audio Pack (you don't actually need Glidos installed) and extracting the MP3 audio tracks included in it.

http://www.glidos.net/audio.html is the URL to download the Audio Pack from.

James