PDA

View Full Version : Lara Ingame Face

pixelShader
23rd Dec 2006, 11:08
Hi,

Just had a look at the new trailer.

It happened again!!!

Lara renders are just perfect, she is cute in any prerendered advertising image since '96, but eventually her actual ingame face is always ugly for me.
Just compare what they have done _again_ with tr:a.
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1882/larais3.jpg
Rendered Lara (left) is quite cute, while ingame Lara looks like a MAN!
Now, I'm not saying that she should actually have the prerender image look also ingame, a nicer face instead of the current one would be enough.

It's really so much hard to do?
I don't think so.

PS: I hope I'm not offending anyone, I'm just asking if anyone shares my opinion, or why totally disagrees with it.
I also hope someone there at Eidos reads our posts and keeps in count what we think.

GoranAgar
23rd Dec 2006, 11:23
No game engine can do ingame what an artist can sculpture in Maya or 3D Studio Max.

pixelShader
23rd Dec 2006, 11:36
No game engine can do ingame what an artist can sculpture in Maya or 3D Studio Max.

Thanks for your reply. My fault. Actually I didn't mean they should use the actual prerendered model, it counts "at least" 200k-300k polys and it's not feasible on a ps2 (maybe a powerful pc...). I just mean the Lara's look, no matter the actual geometry detail and texture resolutions. Yeah polycount helps the model cuteness, but you can still get a good model with low detail, just have a look at nice works on cgtalk.com or the realtime models from cgmill.com (http://www.cgmill.com/main/index.php?paged=2) (scroll down the page)

_Laurence_
23rd Dec 2006, 16:08
tbh to me it looks a bit of a legend re-hash.. they could definately alter it to look like the wonderful pre-rendered one a little more... but we saw legend lara change quite a lot over the last few months of development so there is still hope :D

Kurtis Trent
23rd Dec 2006, 16:17
Really I like both of them, and don't really think the right one is very manly. I wouldn't mind seeing either.

David 070
23rd Dec 2006, 18:16
i think her face looks great.

i just hope they have alot of new animations Lara does every now & then,bending over to stretch her legs comes to mind 1st. lol :P

Deadly47
23rd Dec 2006, 18:31
She looks good. Better then she used to.

P.S you prev you probbloy gonna try to unlcok the bikni skin first.

Treeble
23rd Dec 2006, 19:04
Have outfit unlockables been confirmed yet? :)

Deadly47
23rd Dec 2006, 19:53
Have outfit unlockables been confirmed yet? :)

No but there has been rumouers that there might be seeing its a anivarsery edtiot. There are roumours also telling that the pc version will have a biography on tombradier. Same with multiplayer.

Rest a sure that the coustums will probbly be in it.

pixelShader
23rd Dec 2006, 20:08
Let's keep in topic please :)
Personally I think her eyebrows are way too thick and there's something odd with the forehead, maybe it's something related to the eyebrows again (the space between them)...
The lips should be more natural in color and shape, with a bit of shininess ;)
And the eyes are just not appealing for me, compare it with the left picture, I would love those eyes...

Deadly47
23rd Dec 2006, 20:51
Let's keep in topic please :)
Personally I think her eyebrows are way too thick and there's something odd with the forehead, maybe it's something related to the eyebrows again (the space between them)...
The lips should be more natural in color and shape, with a bit of shininess ;)
And the eyes are just not appealing for me, compare it with the left picture, I would love those eyes...

Well first of all we have to take ot account:rolleyes: that the ps2 is very old. Also that The lighting there is dark. Now there not done wiht tombradier many things can still change. Also whats wrong with her face? She looks like the orignal one. I think it will look way better on the pc as a finshed product:whistle: . We are speaking aobut 5 year old graphics on the ps2 version:lmao:

ditom
23rd Dec 2006, 21:22
Lara will be always beautyfull for me.I like both faces,

Verios
24th Dec 2006, 00:09
*shrugs* I dont really see a huge difference between the 2 aside from the fact one's a high quality..probally millions of polygons vs a lower res, in-game model? Her lips could be a little lighter I suppose...and eyes are a slightly different shape. But aside from that...I dont see what the big deal is so I give this a "No" vote.

David 070
24th Dec 2006, 03:48
have u guys seen this screen??

Laras' face looks alot like the rendered one!!

http://www.tombnews.com/ima/common/11/game_tr-ann_screen03.jpg

Patjs
24th Dec 2006, 05:34
I actually like these newest renders. They really do look like classic Lara, in terms of the facial structure. Had they released these renders first, I doubt I would have bothered making the "CZJ" render that's been floating around here. Something about that first picture was just awkward and empty looking, but these have much more life in them.

The only thing I'd say that needs work is the bridge of her nose. It looks fine head on, but it gives the character kind of a weak profile.

pixelShader
24th Dec 2006, 12:36
You guys are a bit confusing Lara's look in the prerendered advertising picture with the model's high geometry detail.
There's absolutely no need to increase polycount to give her a nicer face, perhaps there's no need to edit geometry at all; I think a simple retouch of the face texture in photoshop could do miracles.
I'm not asking for anything else but a makeup retouch and some work with the forehead/eyebrows.
In this post Mark did a nice work with a possible Lara eye look:
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=602799&postcount=14
Even if i still prefer the eidos prerender.
Lara needs a more feminine look. And the left picture is a good example of the target.

The only thing I'd say that needs work is the bridge of her nose. It looks fine head on, but it gives the character kind of a weak profile.
You're absolutely right!

Legend_of_Lara
26th Dec 2006, 15:39
Hi,

Just had a look at the new trailer.

It happened again!!!

Lara renders are just perfect, she is cute in any prerendered advertising image since '96, but eventually her actual ingame face is always ugly for me.
Just compare what they have done _again_ with tr:a.
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1882/larais3.jpg
Now, I'm not saying that she should actually have the prerender image look also ingame, a nicer face instead of the current one would be enough.

It's really so much hard to do?
I don't think so.

PS: I hope I'm not offending anyone, I'm just asking if anyone shares my opinion, or why totally disagrees with it.
I also hope someone there at Eidos reads our posts and keeps in count what we think.

A MAN?!?!?!:eek: :eek: :eek: :mad: **** :mad2:

Samoth
26th Dec 2006, 16:07
to be honest the lara in David 070's post looks like she's made of rubber O.o
i never seen reflections from a body.

pixelShader
26th Dec 2006, 16:24
to be honest the lara in David 070's post looks like she's made of rubber O.o
i never seen reflections from a body.
that's only part of the problem, just look at the shape the forehead/eyebrows gave to the upper part of the face, it looks like the forehead is a balloon about to explode :D .

A MAN?!?!?!
ok, maybe that was a bit too much from me :o
but, be honest, lara in the left picture has a younger, fresh look, her face is rounder and the colors are brighter and more vivid; while in the right picture she appears older and with way too much makeup.

Psychopompador
26th Dec 2006, 18:11

well then, thats a really good lookin' dude in that case.

pixelShader
28th Dec 2006, 21:02
Lara with less makeup (right):

http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/6876/twofacekopiemh0.jpg
Credit: Lena_Lara on Tomb Raider Forums (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)

Or:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h13/MikelCroft/anniversarylaramikeledit.jpg
Credit: Mikel Croft on Tomb Raider Forums (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)

BloodRayne
28th Dec 2006, 22:48
Omgosh that bottom comparison is really good~
They just need to not put makeup on her...
make her face completely clear...and clean^^;;;

Treeble
28th Dec 2006, 23:11
I can't see what's wrong with her current face or any "repulsive" (for the lack of a better word) makeup. :scratch:

Johnny
29th Dec 2006, 05:36
Credit: Mikel Croft on Tomb Raider Forums (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)

I LOVE the edited Lara on the right! Much better IMO. :thumbsup:

pixelShader
30th Dec 2006, 11:57
I can't see what's wrong with her current face or any "repulsive" (for the lack of a better word) makeup. :scratch:

It's not a matter of simple repulsion, I believe that something better could be done.
Eidos is a big company, the could hire some good artist, just look how many talented of them posted great works on cgtalk.com.
But they don't even need them after all, the artists which made Lara model for the TR:A trailer (which I guess are not the same who made ingame model) could make a low poly, realtime version of that model, which is just GREAT:
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/976/laraou0.jpg
(took from an avatar on Tomb Raider Forums)

concretexpress
30th Dec 2006, 12:08
I belive she looks fine. :nut: :nut:

David 070
30th Dec 2006, 21:24
hey guys,after looking at the Lara render again,i gotta say.i definately would like to see Lara look exactly like the render!!

shes so fine in the render,almost like a real woman.
but i know this isnt going to happen,i dont think game engines can create the same render as a high priced 3d app.

aussie500
1st Jan 2007, 02:41
The render just looks like a higher poly version of the ingame model to me, Lara looks just fine as she is

Joshorty
2nd Jan 2007, 01:01
It's not a matter of simple repulsion, I believe that something better could be done.
Eidos is a big company, the could hire some good artist, just look how many talented of them posted great works on cgtalk.com.
But they don't even need them after all, the artists which made Lara model for the TR:A trailer (which I guess are not the same who made ingame model) could make a low poly, realtime version of that model, which is just GREAT:
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/976/laraou0.jpg
(took from an avatar on Tomb Raider Forums)

YES I think they should - especially after seeing the new render and the trailer. That was BEAUTIFUL!!
*Speaking of avatars, can we or are we allowed to get sigs/avatars here??

BloodRayne
2nd Jan 2007, 02:00
Hmm well i was working today .. and i got bored and picked up a 'game informer' i think it was...they had a 2 page spread about Anniversary and a few screen her face looked diff from both the legend-ish one and the other one...it looked good in the screen in the magazine.

ziad
6th Jan 2007, 01:56
erm this may have nothing to do with what you guys are talking about but bloody hell laras face DOESN'T MOVE when ure playing. in the original tomb raiders when lara shoots, her face changes and she's gritting her teeth. however in legend she always has that oh cool i'm stupid kind of dim look and her face and when she shoots it's like she's perfectly calm... i want to see more expression

BloodRayne
6th Jan 2007, 02:05
NOO...im pretty sure in legend she bears teeth when she shoots....yea;; im almost poitive she does..at least on the 360 version.

shurik
6th Jan 2007, 04:51
In my opinion the Legend Lara is the best Lara ever made! I think they should leave the same lara design in the AE!!!!

The one on the left, the original one looks better than the one photoshoped, cause it looks much more like Legend Lara! I don't know what ppl mean when they say "ohhhh she looks like a man"...what the %##* are they smoking, she looks perfectly fine to me! Legend Lara all the way please!!!!!
The one on the right might fit better for the AE, cause she looks kinda more younger and will fit better! In my opinion they both look very good!

Joshorty
6th Jan 2007, 08:03
erm this may have nothing to do with what you guys are talking about but bloody hell laras face DOESN'T MOVE when ure playing. in the original tomb raiders when lara shoots, her face changes and she's gritting her teeth. however in legend she always has that oh cool i'm stupid kind of dim look and her face and when she shoots it's like she's perfectly calm... i want to see more expression
I thought it was fine:scratch: but any better would do of course:D

shirl123
6th Jan 2007, 10:10

I don't remember if her face don't move in TRL (besides her eyes), but you have a good point there. I noticed that on TRAE's trailer, she doesn't care much for the T-rex and such. it doesn't even surprise her. :scratch:

Deadly47
6th Jan 2007, 15:21
I don't remember if her face don't move in TRL (besides her eyes), but you have a good point there. I noticed that on TRAE's trailer, she doesn't care much for the T-rex and such. it doesn't even surprise her. :scratch:

I wasnt suprised when the trex came out in tombradier one. I dont think lara needs to ither.

Also she does grind her teeth on legends.

shirl123
6th Jan 2007, 15:51
I wasnt suprised when the trex came out in tombradier one. I dont think lara needs to ither.

dang! there's a huge diffrence between the player and Lara! :rolleyes:
how would you feel if that was YOU in front of that T Rex?
sure Lara is well trained, many things shouldn't bother (much to) her anymore...but she doesn't care AT ALL for a huge, threatening T Rex that is about to attack her? :lol: sorry, it looks bad to me. unless she's on a big amount of Prozac or something...

Deadly47
6th Jan 2007, 19:33
Hmm that would suck if trex could break through caves and chase after you.

Also i found it funny there was no spiders. Or and Giant spiders in the game.

Omg those things scare me. I bearly play tombradier2 to many black widows and they scare me.

Thats right a spider scares me more then a t-rex.

Joshorty
6th Jan 2007, 21:25
I noticed that on TRAE's trailer, she doesn't care much for the T-rex and such. it doesn't even surprise her. :scratch:
That was just to show how ambitious she is:D I thought that was great. It's like saying "Well this is gonna be fun:D"

shirl123
6th Jan 2007, 21:37
That was just to show how ambitious she is:D I thought that was great. It's like saying "Well this is gonna be fun:D"

it looked more like "yeah, whatever" to me :lol: it looks like she has no emotions there. it doesn't look very reliable, I don't "buy" it and I can't "believe" it. :scratch:
IMO, if she was that ambitious, we would get a tiny evil grin or something (ohhh, that would be lovely!) :)

Joshorty
6th Jan 2007, 21:45
Or somethin' like that:DI liked the way she looked there. She was sweaty and got a bit roughed up from the raptors and the "trip" and comes smiling tough in the end:DBut that's the trailer - surely the game would have it different. I remebered that from one of the articles, they've mentioned that they tried the demo and Lara had that "emotion/reaction" you guys wanted:Dwhen encountering (about to) the T-Rex.

The Godfather
14th Jan 2007, 22:35
... Lara looks like a MAN!

Well, in that case I must be gay ... coz I love her so very much! ;)

floydthebarber
14th Jan 2007, 22:39
Who cares! Just bring back the original pc controls and make the game challenging and longer. They could make her look like Rosie O'Donnell and I'd still play it as long as it was a challenge.

rabid metro
15th Jan 2007, 04:44
In my opinion the Legend Lara is the best Lara ever made!

IMO, pixelshader's" right image" (from previous posts) is noticeably better than the "left image". In that image she's more attractive ...

... its just me, but the AoD Lara was the best look. She was attractive with a menacing edge to her. I wish her look would evolve more in that direction. i don't think we need to preserve the TR1 look. just because she looked that way (when you could count polygons on one hand) doesn't mean that that was her ideal look. i mean lara has always been compelling through all the evolutions of her look and that's probably why she has mass appeal ... you can like what you want.

... some cool shades and an intriguing, evil smile occasionally, wouldn't hurt! :thumbsup:

Trinity88
15th Jan 2007, 13:36
I totally agree, i loved lara's look in angel of darkness, but because the game was so bad, eveyone tries to avoid even mentioning it, yet actually IMHO, there was absolutley nothing wrong with lara's physical appearance, she look sleek and sexy, and i would like to see more of THAT lara!

Also i think lara in black shorts and top loks ace!!!

Maybe even with the shades :cool: and the cheeky grin!!! :D :thumbsup: :lol:

Joshorty
15th Jan 2007, 20:24
Now that you mentioned it, I'm kinda getting tired of hearing how every article says that CORE was responsible with what happened with everything from TR III~AOD. When reading an article behind CORE's experience with Tomb Raider, I have a different view of CORE now in the affect of AOD (I was with them all-the -way anyway:rolleyes: I still have to admit they slided from TR III)

Trinity88
16th Jan 2007, 09:12
I Do agree tht Core did loose its touch with the gameplay but i definatly think they improved with lara, she was soo great in AOD, BUT in saying tht and having seen some of the TR:A renders, CD have done pretty well for themselves too!!

Luke_G
17th Jan 2007, 08:55
I prefer Lara's appearance in "legend" apposed to the version showed in the "Anniversary" screens.

The Godfather
20th Jan 2007, 17:37
dang! there's a huge diffrence between the player and Lara! :rolleyes:
how would you feel if that was YOU in front of that T Rex?
sure Lara is well trained, many things shouldn't bother (much to) her anymore...but she doesn't care AT ALL for a huge, threatening T Rex that is about to attack her? :lol: sorry, it looks bad to me. unless she's on a big amount of Prozac or something...

I'd like to think that a player's emotion and personality is translated onto how that particular player moves Lara Croft around. I - for one - always play very carefully. I almost never run into a room (unless it's a room of which I know all boobytraps by heart) because I'd like to think neither would she.

As for the T-rex ... I think she wasn't startled but very surprised nonetheless. I mean: no one had ever laid eyes on an animal that was supposed to be extinct for millions of years ...

At the very least: she had to think something like ... "how did this animal survive out here?"

Anyway ... does it matter? Lara Croft DID make sure that those animals became extinct ... ;D

pixelShader
23rd Jan 2007, 21:03
Come on, guys! Trailer Lara is so much prettier than ingame Lara that the trailer could be considered as "false advertising" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_advertising). Just look better to the first image I posted.

I really can't see why is so hard to retouch a face texture in photoshop and push/pull some vertices in 3dsmax or whatever to fix forehead/nose.

Eidos has indeed hired some good artists (the ones who made the trailer) so there's very little work to do, I guess.

Raider0011
23rd Jan 2007, 21:16
I think much of the ugliness you're referencing is because the game is running on outdated hardware... It would be gorgeous on XBox 360 (Come on Eidos...)... :D

pixelShader
26th Jan 2007, 20:08
This is the Lara I'd like to see:
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/846/dive10dk8.th.jpg (http://img172.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dive10dk8.jpg)
(credit: thevman on tombraiderforums.com)

ditom
26th Jan 2007, 20:16
This is the best picture I've ever seen!
CD should add this outfit to the game.

pixelShader
26th Jan 2007, 21:13
This is the best picture I've ever seen!
CD should add this outfit to the game.

CD should add also this girl to the game! ;)

Joshorty
27th Jan 2007, 05:10
Come on, guys! Trailer Lara is so much prettier than ingame Lara that the trailer could be considered as "false advertising" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_advertising). Just look better to the first image I posted.

I really can't see why is so hard to retouch a face texture in photoshop and push/pull some vertices in 3dsmax or whatever to fix forehead/nose.

Eidos has indeed hired some good artists (the ones who made the trailer) so there's very little work to do, I guess.
Yeah I get watcha mean by False advertising. That happened to many games. Some are claimed to be soo good or good looking when it's really not. Like the LEGEND CM - if I never knew what TOMB RAIDER was about, I'd be sucked into the game right away from that Comemrcial:D Of course, different people may find it different. And the game isn't at all ground breaking- even though many magazine articles mentions that it is:scratch:

Rusty_DK
30th Jan 2007, 07:48
...So Lara looked ugly when she was younger...so what

Maybe she's like a fine wine...gets better with age :rasp:

barabora
22nd Feb 2007, 07:29
...So Lara looked ugly when she was younger...so what
Maybe she's like a fine wine...gets better with age :rasp:

That's not ugly... Rather that's limitation of PC technology at that time.
If we are really TR Hard-core fans, don't care about this Lara's face is
pretty or not. Someone feel nostalgy Lara face such like wooden-doll (http://i19.tinypic.com/48qf8ts.jpg) in
TR_01, 02, 03... You know? Rather ugly is in TR_04, 05, 06... That's very
funny... EIDOS was studying very much evolue about this Lara's face,
but more and more ugly on to evoution. This is my arguing. But now...
Fianlly, we see real Lara's face under new technology in TRL... :whistle:

This subject of topic(=thread, after now I just saying "topic") also intresting
to discuss. In fact, I don't want to change Lara's face from the beginning.
I'm radical, original TR fan. :eek: And there was no change until TR_04.
Nearly same Lara's face continue... But all of user doesn't think like this.
There are also female users so much in the world!!! So they arguing this
Lara's face so very big importnat. They think very important this Lara's face,
Lara's hair, Lara's Outfit... etc. That's mean they need to more evolution in
graphical approching in TR.

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/i/splash_colours_06_left.jpg

So I agree to evolue to this Lara's face. But this job also not easy...
This time is EXACT. Box Cover Lara's face too much different ingame
Lara's face?!?!:rolleyes: In fact, I don't have any idea about this problem.
Anyway I agree to evolue also Lara's face on each TR serise.
Just Think about "JamesBond" in movie... There were several different
moive actor as a 007, weren't there? SheanConelly, RogerMoore,
and... TimoshieDalton also only 1 time act on 007... And who now?
Lara's face charactor also will be able to change like this way...

This poll issue is... Box Cover Lara's face and Ingame Lara's face?!?!
Only changing Lara face in the game? No!!! No necessary!!!
We can see different Lara's face Box Cover and Ingame... But...
Matchable Lara's face is fair job!!! Box Cover Lara's face is same in game...
This is correct!!! This is faire job... But no duty... Right side Lara is better.
So I voted to "NO" on this poll.

Lara with less makeup (right):

Crimson Flux
26th Feb 2007, 22:22
Yeah. I'd have to say that after playing Gears of War, the tech is out there to make the faces as good in game as they are out of game. The scenery in TRL was absolutely stunning; in fact, after playing GOW for about a month strait, I could hardly tell I switched engines. I could hardly tell until Lara showed up on the screen in a close camera angle. Dont get me wrong, any self-respecting strait male (maybe even gay) should have endulged in the sight, but it could have been better. Even saying that, I have to commend Eidos for creating such a good lookin' girl.

On that same note though, God and Heaven or Allah or Buddha or whoever you belive in forbid that Eidos makes Lara into a Barbie girl. There is a difference between good looking and cute. I hope that Lara stays subtly yet seriously good looking for the rest of her days.

LisaB1962
26th Feb 2007, 23:27
CD already made Lara into a Barbie by deciding that outfits were the rewards I was interested in. :rolleyes: Of course, since the new Legend outfit was so horrible, I can see why they might anticipate the players wanting to change. :whistle:

I guess since 90% of the time Lara is facing away from me, I don't think so much about her face. The "less makeup" Lara does look younger, but you've got to lose the "crime scene lipliner." :p

Crimson Flux
27th Feb 2007, 02:48
CD already made Lara into a Barbie by deciding that outfits were the rewards I was interested in. :rolleyes: Of course, since the new Legend outfit was so horrible, I can see why they might anticipate the players wanting to change. :whistle:

I guess since 90% of the time Lara is facing away from me, I don't think so much about her face. The "less makeup" Lara does look younger, but you've got to lose the "crime scene lipliner." :p

haha. I never really thought of that (at least most of the outfits are pretty sweet). When you get different hair styles and nail polishes as rewards, then I'll be concerned.

I didn't think the new Legend outfit looked bad at all (I hardly noticed it), which probably proves your point because I'm use to seeing the clothing in high school; it was more of a trendy, stylish look compared to the rugged, outdoors clothing someone would actually wear. But then again, you wouldn't catch someone dead in the jungle with short shorts and a sleeveless sweater either. As Lara said in Legends at the temple in Ghana (and I'm paraphrasing), "what makes things grand also makes them impractical". I think the style in Tomb Raider, however unrealistic it may be at times, makes the game.

It's true that with the camera trailing Lara, most of the time you cant see her face. But that's the kicker with video games anymore; when everything else looks so good, you can pick up real easily on what's out of place. I mean, Gears Of War didn't make it to fame on graphics alone, but it's definitly the reason it snagged best game of the year and fastest selling game of all time.

As long as Lara is doing what she does and looking good at it, I'm satisfied; but I'd rather be blown away, and I know the tech is out there to do it.

LisaB1962
27th Feb 2007, 04:41
Heh, I thought the Legend outfit looked like something found on the floor of Christina Aguilera's closet. :D For all CD was patting themselves on the back for "making Lara's chest smaller," they sure managed to reveal more of her than any game previous.

You're right in that she should look good, but I don't think it's fair to compare FMV and in game cut-scenes or gameplay footage. I just think they're apples and oranges as far as how their produced. It's like comparing an old disc camera and a 35 mm.

Crimson Flux
27th Feb 2007, 06:08
That was certainly the case before Gears of War came out. I know how its always been; cut to cinnema with good graphics and then play in a different world. But thats all changing. I'm not saying the CD or Eidos has an engine right now that rivals the Unreal 3, although it could happen (and I hope it will happen), which means that for Anniversary, smooth gameplay is more important than the best graphics, hence leave the face how it is. I am saying that it's definitly possible to boost the graphics to levels previously unimagined. I dont know if you have played GOW yet, but honestly, you cant tell the difference between a cinnema scene and the actual gameplay. It's simply amazing. If Eidos were to step up to that kind of plate, Tomb Raider would have more awards than they could handle, and I would be really, really happy :D.

Anniversary Lara
2nd Mar 2007, 14:38
As far as I see they're changing her face all the time and I'm confused about that. Here are some pictures:

This was the very first Lara we've got to see:
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l72/jayciejc/1-1.jpg

Then this in-game Lara, which looks more like Legend Lara:
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l72/jayciejc/2-1.jpg

I found a screenshot with an improved "Legend Lara", which is my favorite so far:
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l72/jayciejc/3-1.jpg

But in the trailer we have this one:
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l72/jayciejc/4-1.jpg

And in a new french magazine this Lara appeared again:
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l72/jayciejc/5-1.jpg

What is this all about? Why do I see so many different faces? :( I hope this is the newest and final version of Lara, because she looks so much like in TR1 with improved graphics:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l72/jayciejc/screen006-1.jpg (http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l72/jayciejc/screen006.jpg)

Sorry, but I had to write this because I'm worried about it.

Jontif
2nd Mar 2007, 15:11
I dont mind the ingame face of lara from what I have seen of the screenshots from the new game but I absolutely hate the face from the cover of the game. I dont know what it is it just doesnt look like Lara to me.

LisaB1962
2nd Mar 2007, 16:43
*sigh* I guess my eyes aren't as sophisticated as y'alls. I really don't see much difference.

But it's one less thing for me to complain about, I guess. ;)

Legend 4ever
4th Mar 2007, 21:00
I just don't want to see Legend Lara as AE Lara, it would be boring!
And why the FMV Lara is not the one from the first trailer!?!:mad2: