PDA

View Full Version : Official Movie Thread For General

NivramJ
19th Dec 2006, 02:25
You few ladies and many gentlemen...

I'm 20 years old, and have been playing Thief since I was 12. Needless to say, I'm a junkie, as I make a point to play through I and II twice a year (T3, sad to say, lost the feeling, so I've beaten that only twice).

Point of this post being, I am a Senior at Bethel University in Minneapolis, and have been filming clips of things that my friends and I have done in the past, which rightfully should have killed me. Yet, I've still this notion of a Thief movie... and as I've turned it over in my mind for the past 5 years, I've finally succumbed to the notion.

I am in the dredges of writing a script. The amount of unofficiated work that I've put into this is staggering in hindsight. But, you see, my friends and fellow gamers... I have a vision.

It doesn't invole Gary Oldman, or Toby Spiderboy; in fact, I would not let any named actors partake, for the sake of keeping the characters as fresh and the world as unique as possible. Gibson's done this in his last two masterpieces, and to great profit.

And who's to say we don't like the anti-heros? Oceans 11, 12?

The script is well underway, and when finished, will still be a work-in-progress, as most of the movie is in my notes, and not in the script (as much of the movie will be done in action, not talking... minimize the speaking).

However, I can play out only roughly 3/4s of the movie in my minds eye, so if any of you have suggestions, I'm open. The address I've created for this project is "kare_star86@hotmail.com"

I probably wont post for a long while, as I'm quite busy, juggling 18 credits with a part-time job, and still filming my misadventures. So until then...

Keep your hand in shadow, and your foot on air. Godspeed.

Tin Star
19th Dec 2006, 14:50
You few ladies and many gentlemen...

I'm 20 years old, and have been playing Thief since I was 12. Needless to say, I'm a junkie, as I make a point to play through I and II twice a year (T3, sad to say, lost the feeling, so I've beaten that only twice).

Point of this post being, I am a Senior at Bethel University in Minneapolis, and have been filming clips of things that my friends and I have done in the past, which rightfully should have killed me. Yet, I've still this notion of a Thief movie... and as I've turned it over in my mind for the past 5 years, I've finally succumbed to the notion.

I am in the dredges of writing a script. The amount of unofficiated work that I've put into this is staggering in hindsight. But, you see, my friends and fellow gamers... I have a vision.

It doesn't invole Gary Oldman, or Toby Spiderboy; in fact, I would not let any named actors partake, for the sake of keeping the characters as fresh and the world as unique as possible. Gibson's done this in his last two masterpieces, and to great profit.

And who's to say we don't like the anti-heros? Oceans 11, 12?

The script is well underway, and when finished, will still be a work-in-progress, as most of the movie is in my notes, and not in the script (as much of the movie will be done in action, not talking... minimize the speaking).

However, I can play out only roughly 3/4s of the movie in my minds eye, so if any of you have suggestions, I'm open. The address I've created for this project is "kare_star86@hotmail.com"

I probably wont post for a long while, as I'm quite busy, juggling 18 credits with a part-time job, and still filming my misadventures. So until then...

Keep your hand in shadow, and your foot on air. Godspeed.

I would think that if you gave us some idea of what the story is about you would get all types of ideas about what you are looking for,just think about the story line that was in the first two Thief games and the charactors that where in them each charactor played a role that the story was built around,in other words what is he looking for in this story and what is he trying to save the people from?knowing this would be a big help on ideas for the story.

Tin Star

Gumdrop
22nd Dec 2006, 00:02
If you are serious about this, I would suggest doing a small short or two and concentrating on dialogue. This might be kinda hard to do becouse the character of Garrett in the first 2 games is very much a subjective thing IMHO. People on forums have tended to bring up Thief as a movie quite alot, but I don't think it would work that well, atleast not without breaking away quite a bit from what the 'fans' love/expect. It's hard enough for books to be translated into the film medium, but games are even harder; and Thief (again IMHO) would be practically impossible without some drastic liberties taken.