PDA

View Full Version : STORE Initial thoughts on the Store

MasterShuriko
11th Oct 2013, 17:11
At the first sight of the store I find it easy to use and really slick to look at.

The in-game music is kick-ass aswell!

Once you are in the Store´s "home" section at the moment theres a glitch that makes the ability "Savage Pounce" show out of line compared to the other items and abilities that rolls through, It looks out of place.

The search function for abilities works like a charm.

The search funtion for skins works fine and will make it easy to use once/ if there will be more skins to choose from.

Theres another minor thing I would like to point out as a first impression:

The Currency at the moment is what I belive is "Gold" and something blue ( possibly Runes or Glyphs) But when hovering over them with the mouse I do not get any information telling me what it is.
Besides that the store does not present me with the information on how to earn "Runes or Glyphs" This could be fixed with a small tab where we could purchase with Realmoney. And as Alpha testers we could perhaps get a set amount of them to try and test.

These where my initial thoughts on the store.

MasterShuriko
12th Oct 2013, 10:09
Just noticed another thing in the store.
This might fall under "skins" more than the actual store per say but I felt I needed to bring it up.
The Reaver and the Tyrant got skins for their faction The "Dumahim and the Turelim skins with armor that matches their clan.
But the Sentinel doesnt for the moment have a Razielim skin.
Pwetty pwease implement that <3

Cirtaboy
12th Oct 2013, 12:47
Something that would be really useful IMO would being able to compare weapon stats. Switching between windows when there will be possibly dozens of weapons of the same time could make it really time consuming (unless you write down your stats)

My idea of implementation would be that you should be able to mouse over the item you are interested in, and it will display a window with the weapon you currently have and it's stats.

texn
17th Oct 2013, 19:56
Something that would be really useful IMO would being able to compare weapon stats. Switching between windows when there will be possibly dozens of weapons of the same time could make it really time consuming (unless you write down your stats)

My idea of implementation would be that you should be able to mouse over the item you are interested in, and it will display a window with the weapon you currently have and it's stats.

This! I want something like this too, will be to much trouble remembering the stats on the weapons you are already using.

Xaragoth
19th Oct 2013, 11:43
I haven't had the chance to play the game yet, but regarding the store I'd like to give just a little feedback.

I'd appreciate it if there was a better sorting via direct clicking on a class. Basically move the drop-down menu to the left side so you can select by

All
Humans
Hunter
Scout
Alchemist
Vampire
Reaver
Tyrant
Sentinel

I'd photoshop it real quick, but I am kinda busy right now. It'll make the store much easier to navigate in the sub-menus and is more intuitive to find right away :)

lucinvampire
11th Nov 2013, 16:14
I just went over and loaded the game screen for the first time and got my first look at the store/experience...have to say its really awesome looking :thumb: has a great feel too it all and everything seems easy to find and access but it would be cool to have the abilities grouped per character type maybe? All the little descriptions worked fine and dropped down to reveal the stats information - but agree with what others have said it might be easier to have a stats screen when you have selected stuff. Maybe there is something like this but I just haven't seen it yet where haven't got in yet (re-call something from the com-day but I don't remember that having details on what your abilities/weapons 'points' were - just had kill scores and what you had equipped). Loving the alternate character/costume designs - very cool :D I take it the numbers etc in the background will be changed out in the future to an image?

One of the things that got me over everything else was the music...I can't say the word that came into my head here - but yeah it is brilliant - very LoK and fits really well - kind of couldn't read what was on screen as so amazed by it - can't wait to hear the music in the game!

A question I have though - will the music/tracks be available - either download or be released in some way, shape or form - even if it's purchasable through the store? because it's great and know quite a few fans that would be up for getting it to listen to out of the game! :D

Strike5150
11th Nov 2013, 18:05
I think the icons in the store are too big, it would be nice to fit a little more on the screen. Right now I think its two lines? It felt a bit big to me.

Rago600
12th Nov 2013, 05:44
I would like to say, that the GUI of the Shop is also in a Early state, we all have high Hopes that this changes Someday.

Turel2
15th Nov 2013, 17:50
It would be nice to have a 3D model of the skins in the preview.

Psyonix_Eric
15th Nov 2013, 19:35
It would be nice to have a 3D model of the skins in the preview.

This is something we'd like to do as well, but it's more of an undertaking than you would imagine. It's something we're trying to find time to get in.

Xaragoth
15th Nov 2013, 20:07
This is something we'd like to do as well, but it's more of an undertaking than you would imagine. It's something we're trying to find time to get in.

I can imagine. It's a pain to do. EXCEPT! You can just take one of the artists and chain that one to a programmer that runs only on coffee and lock them in the Office for a week. There, fixed it :P

hirukaru
15th Nov 2013, 23:05
I can imagine. It's a pain to do. EXCEPT! You can just take one of the artists and chain that one to a programmer that runs only on coffee and lock them in the Office for a week. There, fixed it :P

Hmm Xaragoth why not go and work for free at Psyonix for a little while and do this for us. I think they can arrange the coffee ;)

Xaragoth
15th Nov 2013, 23:41
Hmm Xaragoth why not go and work for free at Psyonix for a little while and do this for us. I think they can arrange the coffee ;)

Because I am not a programmer and they ignored my application thus far? :(

hirukaru
16th Nov 2013, 16:02
Because I am not a programmer and they ignored my application thus far? :(

That is to bad xara.

lucinvampire
29th Nov 2013, 10:19
Ok so I was mucking around with buying some awesome cool stuff and wanted to raise a few things about the store...

I didn’t notice the 7 day, 30 day or permanent options when I’d originally bought stuff. The grey box with not very visible text isn’t very noticeable – it kind of blends in with the game background, picture and rest of the box/store. This maybe could be made more noticeable – maybe just above the “cancel” and “ok” buttons or just under the picture? Didn’t realise these options were there until someone said about it – which is really annoying ‘cause I spent points on something…pointless – well not really pointless I suppose I can trial things and see how I like them and if they’re worth keeping.

The next thing I noticed about buying stuff is you can buy the same thing twice – ok this is stupid – on my part – because I had forgot what I’d bought for the character – but I don’t think it is very kind to the player that it lets you do this. It should pop up a box saying “you already have this ability/item - are you sure you want to purchase it again?” I don’t think there was anything anywhere on that stated I had this one. I’d noticed previously on others abilities that on the right hand panel it does say “you have this” but I don’t think it’s very noticeable and there is no warning light on re-purchase.

Just some thoughts :D

RainaAudron
29th Nov 2013, 11:49
I agree with Lucin - the 7 days/permanent boxes should be more visible - many times I almost clicked 7 days when I wanted to buy permanent skill/item.

Oroibahazopi
29th Nov 2013, 14:24
The prices displayed should be the perma unlock prices imo. No one is going to look there for temp unlock prices, I nearly did a stupid too.

The temp unlock prices are way too high too, 400g for 7 days or 1k g for perma. The gold income rate is high enough that you can easily wait out the extra 600g. 20-40g for a day would probably get more takers because people will only want to try the stuff for very short periods before deciding to save up to get it or forget about it entirely.