PDA

View Full Version : Modding Abilities

Sigma
17th Dec 2006, 03:39
Will their be mod tools released after this game is out? It would be nice to have a mod that added battles and craft from 1943-45

chip5541
17th Dec 2006, 05:26
From the Q&A thread

Originally Posted by chip5541
Q: Does Eidos or teh Devs plan on releasing any kind of modding tools for teh game?

A: No plans at the moment as far as I know. I'll speak to the dev guys about this as it would be cool.

Sigma
17th Dec 2006, 15:15
Ah, ok, it seems the Devs have answered almost every question thats been thrown out there.. :P

chip5541
17th Dec 2006, 15:39
no. I am sure we can come up with some good ones :rasp:

Cpt.sharp
17th Dec 2006, 15:42
like how many DDs will it take to Ram and sink the Yamato? ;)

chip5541
17th Dec 2006, 15:58
A one!
A two!
A three! *crunch!*

three!

How many licks does it get to get to the center of the japanese yamato? the world may never know :nut:

For those that dont get it.. http://youtube.com/watch?v=LZ0epRjfGLw

Crazy Nut BE
17th Dec 2006, 17:50
A one!
A two!
A three! *crunch!*

three!

How many licks does it get to get to the center of the japanese yamato? the world may never know :nut:

For those that dont get it.. http://youtube.com/watch?v=LZ0epRjfGLw

Damn chip, now I wanna know how many licks it'll take.:confused:

Well, I'm off to buy some tootsie pops

Alpha Wolfgang
17th Dec 2006, 21:33
...i can imagine 2 carriers, 6 destroyers and 2 battleships chasing after the yamamoto... and all ramming it... with some benny hill music of course.

chip5541
18th Dec 2006, 06:28
Cool MP mode.... Bumper boats :D

Cpt.sharp
18th Dec 2006, 08:43
i can imagine 2 carriers, 6 destroyers and 2 battleships chasing after the yamamoto... and all ramming it... with some benny hill music of course.

As soon as this game is release, we start the clock and the first person to “record” this wins a cookie.

Sigma
18th Dec 2006, 13:48
Only problem is it would be hard to record, since the Yamato can probably take out a Destroyer in 1 shot and it would probably be the one doing the ramming...

but back on topic, it would also be nice to have a Alantic battle mod, have the Bismark in it :D

and I wander if there is a abandon ship option? it would be kind of dumb to see all those people walking around on the ship like nothing is happening as it sinks :P

chip5541
18th Dec 2006, 14:13
I would like to see a WWI mod.

MarkDawg
18th Dec 2006, 18:02
I would like to see a Starcraft mod or BSG one.

Sigma
18th Dec 2006, 19:41
I would like to see a WWI mod.

sounds awsomly interesting :D

chip5541
18th Dec 2006, 21:35
yup! There are alot of battles to choose from if a WWI mod is made. Plus you have a wide selection of ships from sails to steamers and in between.

Dutch Jester
18th Dec 2006, 23:00
As soon as this game is release, we start the clock and the first person to “record” this wins a cookie. THAT cookie is MINE IF ANYONE TAKES IT I WILL cry :(

Alpha Wolfgang
18th Dec 2006, 23:15
hmm.... starcraft mod, of course its wanted badly, but it will NEVER happen! i wanna see a bc and all its little turrets fend off hundreds of mutas, devs, and scourges.

MarkDawg
19th Dec 2006, 00:06
Just think of how cool it would be to see Protoss carriers and scouts. A homeworld 2 mod would be cool as well.

chip5541
19th Dec 2006, 00:07
Why not go all out and do a Robotech/Macross saga mod? :D

MarkDawg
19th Dec 2006, 06:32
I think that would be sweet

Digby5000
11th Jan 2007, 19:49
Keir - Any word from the developers on how they plan to support mods, or if they plan to release any tools that might assist with this later down the road? In the official QA, you indicated that you'd be asking them about that but I haven't heard anything since then.

Digby5000
11th Jan 2007, 19:50

Chip - If you like anime, check out 'Zipang' ...

chip5541
11th Jan 2007, 21:01
Thanks. I will. I saw a couple of minutes on youtube. Looks good.

Tex Vindictive
12th Jan 2007, 23:29
I hope there is some modding for the PC version.

dagnon99
13th Jan 2007, 00:03

OMG.. Image Veritechs vs Pods.... the SDF1 vs the large Zentrati ships....

ALL out war, Kidz!!!!
<laughs soo hard he passes out>:lmao: <PLOP!>

Ryback14
14th Jan 2007, 03:30
hopefully there will be "huge wave" mods.

princecaspian4
14th Jan 2007, 05:49
hopefully there will be "huge wave" mods.

we don't even know if you will be able to mod

chip5541
14th Jan 2007, 06:26
I am pretty sure the engine can handle it based on teh old tech trailer but the modding ability is a big ? right now.

Beastttt
14th Jan 2007, 08:08
yeah I'm still waiting on if the japanese heavy and light cruisers get their 24" long lance torps like they had in WW2

but then I only put in in a couple of days ago

no. I am sure we can come up with some good ones :rasp:

chip5541
14th Jan 2007, 08:14
lol!!

Lets hope some of the torps are duds!! :whistle:

spectre01
14th Jan 2007, 21:08
i'd like to see a Crimson Skies mod... man, i missed it so much. and Microsoft only made ONE Crimson skies game on PC!!! and too lazy to port the damn xbox title "high road to revenge"!!!:mad2:

princecaspian4
14th Jan 2007, 21:39
i'd like to see a Crimson Skies mod... man, i missed it so much. and Microsoft only made ONE Crimson skies game on PC!!! and too lazy to port the damn xbox title "high road to revenge"!!!:mad2:

you can play high road to revenge on the 360

spectre01
14th Jan 2007, 21:56
you can play high road to revenge on the 360

i don't own a console... that's the problem... PC all the way, baby:lol:

princecaspian4
14th Jan 2007, 22:22
i don't own a console... that's the problem... PC all the way, baby:lol:

that would be a problem,
a crimson skies version would be cool, instead of battleships you have large zeps, unfortunately i wouldn't be able to play because i am going to get the 360 version of BM, so no mods for me :mad2:
but then again, there might not even be mode for the PC :rasp:

starsiege
16th Jan 2007, 21:22
yeah I'm still waiting on if the japanese heavy and light cruisers get their 24" long lance torps like they had in WW2

but then I only put in in a couple of days ago

im still waiting to see them in the japanese destroyers as well, and i hope they add the "simakaze" destroyer! it was super fast and arguably the best torpedo ship in the entire japanese navy apart from the the "kitakami" the light cruiser

some info on simakaze

Shimakaze' was a one-off super-destroyer built for the Imperial Japanese Navy during World War II. A virtual cruiser, she was armed with six 127mm single purpose guns and conventional anti-aircraft and anti-submarine weaponry. More importantly, she was also armed with 15 torpedo tubes each capable of firing the deadly 24-inch Long Lance torpedo. The ship was a testbed for enormously powerful high-temperature, high-pressure steam engine that was able to develop 75,000hp. This made her possibly the fastest destroyer in the world: her designed speed was 39 knots, but on trials she made 40.9 knots. Ordered in 1939 under the Fourth Naval Replacement Programme (the Maru Yon programme), Shimakaze was laid down in Maizuru naval dockyard in August 1941 and completed on 10 May 1943. She saw action in the evacuation of Kiska in July 1943 and was present in 1944 at the Battle of the Philippine Sea. While flagship of the 2nd Torpedo-Boat Flotilla, she was sunk by American aircraft on 8 November 1944 during the Battle of Ormoc Bay. Japan had intended to lay down sixteen such destroyers, with long term plans for a total of 32 to equip 4 destroyer squadrons, but a lack of industrial capacity prevented them from being realized.

http://www.maritimequest.com/warship_directory/japan/destroyers/pages/shimakaze.htm

long lance torpedo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Lance

Beastttt
16th Jan 2007, 21:32
Shimakaze does not get launched until july of 42 and that means she still has fitting out and trials to do
so figure early 43 for her to be ibn fighting trim

if you count up all the vehicles listed in the war machines section there are the 60 that the game boasts of

now if they would only update the rest of the list

im still waiting to see them in the japanese destroyers as well, and i hope they add the "simakaze" destroyer! it was super fast and arguably the best torpedo ship in the entire japanese navy apart from the the "kitakami" the light cruiser

Capt:.Cavan
16th Jan 2007, 22:20
glad to see people still use google and act as if they know :rasp: :nut:

wilfred
16th Jan 2007, 23:21
Isn't Google that "American public corporation, specializing in Internet search and online advertising. The company had 9,378 full-time employees as of September 30 2006, and is based in Mountain View, California. [The one whose] mission statement is "to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful."[2] [The one who] was co-founded by Larry Page and Sergey Brin, and was first incorporated as a privately held company on September 7, 1998. Eric Schmidt has been Google's chief executive officer since Larry Page stepped down."
:scratch:

oh and plz don't accuse me of plagerism cause everyone here knows the above is not mine. If you actualy want to know where its from...try Google :lmao: