PDA

View Full Version : MISC. Alpha testers Unite!

MasterShuriko
11th Oct 2013, 16:42
Really appreciate that I got a chance to help this game become awesome along with my fellow foruméers!

Lets give this a heck of a test on tuesday!

Cirtaboy
11th Oct 2013, 16:59
Yeah!

Does anyone actually have any numbers on how many were invited to the alpha?

MasterShuriko
11th Oct 2013, 17:13
Yeah!

Does anyone actually have any numbers on how many were invited to the alpha?

Only the Devs knows for sure, I have no idea :scratch:

Spar
11th Oct 2013, 17:17
sup bros :)

MasterShuriko
11th Oct 2013, 17:20
sup bros :)

Sup brah!:wave:

Spar
11th Oct 2013, 17:30
Is it just me or does this game's Vampire gameplay look to work extremely similar to that of Primal Carnage's Dinosaur gameplay?

From the trailer, you can fly and grab/drop people to their death, launch yourself from a long distance to do a jumping attack and so on. Looks near identical on the gameplay side (very 1-button-press gameplay). Humans on the other hand looks more varied. Healing for a start could be huge. Should be interesting. Have already tweaked all my game settings haha.

Cirtaboy
11th Oct 2013, 18:07
I still have not gotten the game on my steam account, is it a issue someone else has?

Psyonix_Eric
11th Oct 2013, 18:12
Welcome all! I hope everyone is able to give the game a thorough run-through whenever the servers go online. Please be aware that we'll read all of your feedback, and some of us monitor the forums quite a bit, but please don't be offended if we don't always have a chance to respond personally to things. Our first priority is to making sure we release a fun, bug-free game.

Sianan
11th Oct 2013, 21:06
Cool to be here! Will be fun to test this game, hopefully we can help find them issues asap! :D

Lirka_
11th Oct 2013, 21:57
Really happy I got a key too! Can't wait to test it :)

Psyonix_Eric
12th Oct 2013, 05:05
Is it just me or does this game's Vampire gameplay look to work extremely similar to that of Primal Carnage's Dinosaur gameplay?

From the trailer, you can fly and grab/drop people to their death, launch yourself from a long distance to do a jumping attack and so on. Looks near identical on the gameplay side (very 1-button-press gameplay). Humans on the other hand looks more varied. Healing for a start could be huge. Should be interesting. Have already tweaked all my game settings haha.
I haven't played Primal Carnage but I can tell you that it is not one-button-press gameplay by far.

Vampires get three attack skills as well as their melee attacks. For example, the Reaver will have his default melee attack (which all vampires have) as well as Pounce, Shadow Bomb, and Evasion. Those three skills have cooldowns so you need to be smart about when you use them. By contrast, humans only have two skills along with the options of changing out their weapon for some variety in how those weapons work.

Pounce, for example, lets you slowly crawl around on the ground and then if you see a human you launch yourself at them, landing on them and pinning them to the ground while you claw them to death. Smoke Bomb looks like a thrown grenade but when it lands it just creates a dark cloud that humans can't see well in but vampires can. Evasion gives you a massive boost to damage reduction so that if you're almost dead you can hit it and get out of the area to heal up.

With vampires being a melee class a lot of their skills are based around getting up close to humans so they can kill them. For the humans, a lot of their skills are based around keeping vampires away or at least doing damage from a distance. It's not always as easy as you would think it is for either side.

Spar
12th Oct 2013, 05:56
Sounds near identical to how Primal Carnage works. By 1 button gameplay, I simply mean grabbing an opponent and flying away and dropping them all with the same button. Another example would be launching yourself at a human and clawing them to death (both these are exactly the same in Primal Carnage). In Primal Carnage there's naturally a button to jump, melee attack up close and then the launching attack. Then there's a variety of Dinosaurs that have their own unique attacks, but essentially the core gameplay remains the same.

The only real way to beat Dinosaurs in Primal Carnage is for humans to group up and walk around together and kill them before they get close. Hell, you can even shoot the flying Dinosaur to make them drop their target they've grabbed. My only worry with this gameplay is that it becomes extremely reptitive and not at all fun.

Objetives help keep things fresh and force people move instead of just standing in a group spamming damage at incoming monsters, so hopefully we'll have a lot of those.

Spar
12th Oct 2013, 06:01
video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnmWZVlZEXw

example of what I mean. :)

ZigNation
12th Oct 2013, 20:36
Looking forward to test this game! Remember guys, 15th october! :P

MasterShuriko
14th Oct 2013, 13:52
The hour of reckoning is coming!

Ps. Could we add a forum timer counting down for these tests? :)

Sianan
14th Oct 2013, 14:56
You did probably see this, but in case you only saw the in game one...

http://www.nosgoth.com/servers

MasterShuriko
14th Oct 2013, 17:36
You did probably see this, but in case you only saw the in game one...

http://www.nosgoth.com/servers

A countdown clock could be equally nice to have ( adds abit more excitement imo)

Monkeythumbz
15th Oct 2013, 12:03
A countdown clock could be equally nice to have ( adds a bit more excitement imo)

It's a good idea for sure, although I don't think it;s possible tom implement in the game itself. Do you mean on the website's Alpha Testing Schedule page (http://nosgoth.com/servers)?

Limed00d
15th Oct 2013, 12:29
I'm really excited to see how the game's gonna play - And I expect to see a few hilarious bugs.
Which leads me to the next question; Can I record and take screenshots of the game, but NOT UPLOAD THEM until after the game's done and open?

AboutMrQ
15th Oct 2013, 13:11
http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/eu/cest.html
If you are not sure just compare your time to the time in the link above. If your clock says the same as the time in the link 18:00 is the time for you. Otherwise just add or subtract the difference.

Also... 3 hours left!

MasterShuriko
15th Oct 2013, 14:21
It's a good idea for sure, although I don't think it;s possible tom implement in the game itself. Do you mean on the website's Alpha Testing Schedule page (http://nosgoth.com/servers)?

Yes I meant on the forums =D since Im lurking in there most of the time whilest the gameservers is offline :)

Lirka_
15th Oct 2013, 14:29
It's a good idea for sure, although I don't think it;s possible tom implement in the game itself. Do you mean on the website's Alpha Testing Schedule page (http://nosgoth.com/servers)?Hmm where did wednesday (the 16th) go? That date was in the mail but not on that page.
Also on that page: CHECK BACK ON THRUSDAY 17th OCTOBER
That sorta counts as bugtesting right? :D

TVR3000
15th Oct 2013, 15:16
Also on that page: CHECK BACK ON THRUSDAY 17th OCTOBER
That sorta counts as bugtesting right? :D

The typo on the server status page has now been fixed :)

Monkeythumbz
15th Oct 2013, 16:17
I'm really excited to see how the game's gonna play - And I expect to see a few hilarious bugs.
Which leads me to the next question; Can I record and take screenshots of the game, but NOT UPLOAD THEM until after the game's done and open?

I'm afraid not, no. We do really want all players to share footage eventually, but we'd prefer for people to wait until the game is in a more fully finished state and without the Closed Alpha watermarks being visibly present.

lucinvampire
8th Nov 2013, 19:30
Hi everybody :D

I just got my invite yesterday and after about an hour of screaming in excitement I calmed down enough to try to get set up - had some steam issues yesterday so didn't get in game - but it's all functional now and just waiting for the game to install at the moment. :D wooohooooo

Well I just wanted really to say HI to you all - and apologise in advance for how rubbish I will be at the game - yep so so bad.

So stoked I got accepted - so happy...so so so happy - I don't think that covers it, how about... AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway :D hi and hope you all enjoy killing me lots in the next session :D

hirukaru
8th Nov 2013, 22:44
Let me say welcome Lucia, hope you going to like the game. Have fun.
When you get used to the game you will become better no worries.

Zelf20
12th Nov 2013, 20:14
I really enjoyed playing this today for the first time ! Definitely looking for the next test with you guys !

Crusader_bin
12th Nov 2013, 21:09
I am happy to have gotten the chance to test the game as well. It is surprisingly well polished for a closed alpha, seeing as most alphas I had the chance to play were completely unplayable (I spent whole day in Fallen Earth with my character inside a roof, and that was one of the more pleasent expiriences :P)
I can't wait to see what this will look like at the end!

lucinvampire
12th Nov 2013, 21:27
Let me say welcome Lucia, hope you going to like the game. Have fun.
When you get used to the game you will become better no worries.

Thanks :D - its going to take me a while but one day I'll get there - and until then at least you can all be entertained with killing me in numerous ways lol :D

It is surprisingly well polished for a closed alpha, seeing as most alphas I had the chance to play were completely unplayable (I spent whole day in Fallen Earth with my character inside a roof, and that was one of the more pleasent expiriences :P)

Wow that sounds like an amazing gaming experience...I'm very jealous ;)
All I've had is magical levitating man lol but they seemed to have fixed that now!