PDA

View Full Version : LoK sequel or Nosgoth.

blueobelix
10th Oct 2013, 23:37
since there are people who is ranting all over he forums i wanted a clear statistic about this and answer and demonstrate something to the devs, what would you preffer a lok sequel or any kind of single player lok or this... nosgoth, and why?
Also, for he devs, what can we do to make you release a single player lok?

TendrilSavant
11th Oct 2013, 00:32
As much as I would like to see a LoK sequel, I'd like to give the devs the benefit of the doubt. Also from what I've read Dead Sun wasn't going to be the sequel most people were waiting for.

Many people outside of the forums think that Nosgoth is a shallow attempt to get in on the F2P bandwagon. I personally haven't heard of a cancelled game getting turned into an F2P game just to make some money back.

ZeroFernir
11th Oct 2013, 00:40
As much as I would like to see a LoK sequel, I'd like to give the devs the benefit of the doubt. Also from what I've read Dead Sun wasn't going to be the sequel most people were waiting for.

Many people outside of the forums think that Nosgoth is a shallow attempt to get in on the F2P bandwagon. I personally haven't heard of a cancelled game getting turned into an F2P game just to make some money back.

DS would not be what we wanted, but there would have a lot of lore. I am giving Nosgoth's devs the benefit not of the doubt, but of the affirmation. As I see Nosgoth, it will be very fun, even though with no story. I will play Nosgoth, I will love it, and I will probaby try playing it professionally, as I were already in this business before. I am calling all my friends to join me, even the ones who doesn't know LoK. And they are loving it too.

kevmac83
11th Oct 2013, 01:12
Why not both? Like the devs brought up a number of times this is a largely unexplored time in Nosgoth's history and a single player game focusing on this time period would be a step back from the end of Defiance but it is perfect for this type of game. I think it's pretty obvious what us fans really want but this is definitely a step in the right direction. It shows that this franchise is on Square's radar. I could be wrong but I'd bet Nosgoth is just the appetizer before the main course.

ZeroFernir
11th Oct 2013, 01:26
Why not both? Like the devs brought up a number of times this is a largely unexplored time in Nosgoth's history and a single player game focusing on this time period would be a step back from the end of Defiance but it is perfect for this type of game. I think it's pretty obvious what us fans really want but this is definitely a step in the right direction. It shows that this franchise is on Square's radar. I could be wrong but I'd bet Nosgoth is just the appetizer before the main course.

Or at least we hope so. At least, the series are alive.

Bazielim
11th Oct 2013, 02:59
If you'd asked me last year, I would have gone wholeheartedly gone with the sequel. But now Nosgoth is here I want both:D

The_Hylden
11th Oct 2013, 03:27
It's kind of a skewed poll in that we'd all probably prefer a true sequel (some with every fiber of their being, heh), even those that are in favor of Nosgoth. The game is here, and it might lead to said sequel. That's the hope.

Umbralim
11th Oct 2013, 03:30
I'd like an LoK sequel but, its been 10 years, and its a whole new company. To just start where we left off at defiance, where pretty much the only thing left to do was to just wrap up the story, after all this time and all the changes in game design, would kinda be a bit crumby.

I'm content to build up some new branches in the lore in order to make a much more interesting and complex push forward into the LoK story so for right now I prefer Nosgoth. and I want to give Square Enix some chances to get their feet wet with LoK.

ZeroFernir
11th Oct 2013, 03:48
It's kind of a skewed poll in that we'd all probably prefer a true sequel (some with every fiber of their being, heh), even those that are in favor of Nosgoth. The game is here, and it might lead to said sequel. That's the hope.

It is true. Even me would prefer a new LoK with some story, and I think I am one of the most pro-nosgoth here. But I think that Nosgoth may be a good idea.

TendrilSavant
11th Oct 2013, 04:18
I hope that overtime more people will be more open to Nosgoth. The more I think about the game, the more it feels like it's a right fit for the series at the moment. At least until we get a true ending to the game, or maybe a reboot.

Vampmaster
11th Oct 2013, 06:53
The OP just sounded like a petition to cancel Nosgoth under the assumption that doing so would result in a single player sequel. I really don't think that would the result. You can't just exchange a low budget DLC game for a AAA title.

Driber
11th Oct 2013, 09:15
^ Agreed. Cancelling this game (which isn't going to happen over a forum poll, let's be realistic here) is not a sure-fire way to get another SP LOK game. In fact, I'm pretty sure it will do the exactly opposite.

---

I should probably also point out that this poll is likely going to result in non-representative votes because the OP of this thread decided to make the poll vote names public. That is a sure-fire way to deter people from voting (honestly), considering all the unfair criticism/hate people receive for being positive about NG and for not sharing the hate of others.

Furthermore, a thread set up like this is just bait for flame wars between members and we will not have that. We'll keep this open for now and monitor it closely, but if things get ugly, a padlock will shortly follow...

Rexidus
11th Oct 2013, 15:53
This poll is pointless. A single player game isn't being made, nor was one on the horizon. Nosgoth is. Accept this game for what it is, not what it isn't.

Paradoks_db
11th Oct 2013, 16:15
^ Agreed. Cancelling this game (which isn't going to happen over a forum poll, let's be realistic here) is not a sure-fire way to get another SP LOK game. In fact, I'm pretty sure it will do the exactly opposite.
No sequel is better than a bad sequel. If Nosgoth is successful its mistakes can be inherited by a potential SP sequel. Or it can become a permanent direction and result in another MP game. I don't see Nosgoth increasing chances of a proper LoK game.

I should probably also point out that this poll is likely going to result in non-representative votes because the OP of this thread decided to make the poll vote names public. That is a sure-fire way to deter people from voting (honestly), considering all the unfair criticism/hate people receive for being positive about NG and for not sharing the hate of others.
The results will be non-representative for other reason. Most people who participate on these boards are interested in Nosgoth. Most criticism is taking place outside of these boards.

RemovedQuasar
11th Oct 2013, 16:28
I ame greedy, i love the LoK saga and the moba games, i want both! :D

LordNekronom
11th Oct 2013, 19:24

Pretty much sums up what I think about Nosgoth as an idea, a concept; the actual game needs work though before it can actually lead to a sequel, as it is now I'd say it needs at least vamp remodels and a way to introduce some lore elements to get new people interested in the saga of LoK. :D

Driber
11th Oct 2013, 19:39
No sequel is better than a bad sequel.

Yeah well that's just like... your opinion, man.

If Nosgoth is successful its mistakes can be inherited by a potential SP sequel.

I've heard this argument so many times now. And that's just on this forum alone. Go figure.

I don't see Nosgoth increasing chances of a proper LoK game.

That's because you've got your cynical glasses on. We'll see what the future brings ;)

The results will be non-representative for other reason. Most people who participate on these boards are interested in Nosgoth.

You don't know that. The one way you could say that for sure is by holding a po....oh wait.

Most criticism is taking place outside of these boards.

Most criticism is taking place outside of these boards for other reason. Most people who are old fans of LOK are posting on places outside of these boards.

blueobelix
11th Oct 2013, 19:57

---

Furthermore, a thread set up like this is just bait for flame wars between members and we will not have that. We'll keep this open for now and monitor it closely, but if things get ugly, a padlock will shortly follow...
I call his lack of professionalism supposing what i think. I dontt want a cancellation of this just the opinions. Regardless of the devs and admins who hate me for this poll. Mods please do this poll private

Driber
11th Oct 2013, 20:10
I call his lack of professionalism supposing what i think.

I never voiced any assumptions about what you personally think.

I was addressing those people who wish this game to be cancelled or to flop.

Regardless of the devs and admins who hate me for this poll.

I don't hate you :cool:

Mods please do this poll private

Done :)

blueobelix
11th Oct 2013, 20:22
Yet again. "Agreed, cancelling this game... blablabla" i want to bold this, i never said or wanted to otbers say to make devs cancel nosgoth, my PERSONAL opinion is that nosgoth should an addon gameplay for a lok sequel. Please, for those who respond BE OBJECTIVE AND post your own opinion. You have nothing to gain if you agree the devs admin mods or other people over the net.
I am glad you dont hate me xD, and thanks you did the poll private. I didnt wanted to do any flamewar it was not my intention, didnt knew the "public" thing shows the name of those who voted lol. I am on tablet is hard for me to know what does each feature.
VOTE ON and respect yours and others opinion.

Driber
11th Oct 2013, 20:44
blueobelix, as I just said, I wasn't voicing any assumptions on your intentions. I was merely agreeing with Vampmaster that a cancellation of NG would not automatically lead to a SP LOK game. I never said that that is what you want.

I'm sorry you took it so personal.

Great to hear you're positive about NG and that you wish people respect each other's opinion :thumb:

Vampmaster
11th Oct 2013, 21:47
I call his lack of professionalism supposing what i think. I dontt want a cancellation of this just the opinions. Regardless of the devs and admins who hate me for this poll. Mods please do this poll private

I don't hate you either and I'm not involved with this game professionally. I wasn't claiming to know your intentions, but I'd seen that sort of thing in the past.

blueobelix
11th Oct 2013, 21:51
I don't hate you either and I'm not involved with this game professionally. I wasn't claiming to know your intentions, but I'd seen that sort of thing in the past.
You saw that in my post o other people's?
Also this is becoming shameful for me. Lets just post vote and post personal opinion about the main subject of this thread

Driber
11th Oct 2013, 22:01
I don't hate you either and I'm not involved with this game professionally.

For the record - neither am I.

TendrilSavant
11th Oct 2013, 23:05
...nosgoth should an addon gameplay for a lok sequel.

First, Nosgoth isn't really a sequel. It's a game that expands upon the lore in the world but has no direct impact to the story of the main story. You wouldn't consider WOW a sequel to Warcraft would you?

Second, if a F2P game is successful it can keep going for years. This is a much better scenario for multiplayer games than an add on to a single player game where the interest in that aspect of the game dies relatively quickly.

This may not be the game the fans want, but it's a step in building a franchise that could amount to more.

Reidbynature
11th Oct 2013, 23:32
Like most, if given the choice, I would have chosen a sequel to Defiance. However we've had two cancelled LoK games (that we know of) and Nosgoth is here now. One I think Nosgoth looks interesting and worth a shot. Secondly I think if Nosgoth were cancelled then that would likely be the nail in the coffin for LoK itself.

Personally I just hope that Nosgoth is good enough to warrant looking at doing more with the LoK franchise.

ZeroFernir
11th Oct 2013, 23:52
Like most, if given the choice, I would have chosen a sequel to Defiance. However we've had two cancelled LoK games (that we know of) and Nosgoth is here now. One I think Nosgoth looks interesting and worth a shot. Secondly I think if Nosgoth were cancelled then that would likely be the nail in the coffin for LoK itself.

Personally I just hope that Nosgoth is good enough to warrant looking at doing more with the LoK franchise.

I think so. Personally, I think that if every one of the fans try to bring new fans for the series (as I think it is an obligation for us) this will be a very sucessful franchise again.

blueobelix
12th Oct 2013, 00:40
First, Nosgoth isn't really a sequel. It's a game that expands upon the lore in the world but has no direct impact to the story of the main story. You wouldn't consider WOW a sequel to Warcraft would you?

Second, if a F2P game is successful it can keep going for years. This is a much better scenario for multiplayer games than an add on to a single player game where the interest in that aspect of the game dies relatively quickly.

This may not be the game the fans want, but it's a step in building a franchise that could amount to more.

What are you saying? . An expansion to a sequel and that one being this new game nosgoth. Why?simply because you have to think about all the variables. First of all think about the newcomers. With all the old lok fans hype they will ve curious what a lok game means and would play it. They will enjoy it and search for the other ones. Considering we are in 2013 where almost everyone has a pc and internnet connection im pretty sure my theory applies. After playing he games and nothing remaining left they would be more han glad to play a mtiplayer addon, considering the sentiment of solitude that the games give. Im not talking about the old fans that already know thw old story and would be more than happy to play a sequel they would be very supportive regarding nosgoth( as an addon spinoff) and really enjoy it without the frustration they didnt got thwir sequel long waited 10 years .
@ dribber. Arent you the community manager? . Doesnt the devs follow the reccomandations and the report bugs that you forward to them? How can you say you are not implied professionally?

Vanyelxp5
12th Oct 2013, 01:01
I think Nosgoth will be fun. I do hope that it leads to a continuation of the storyline in some fashion, whether in a new game (preferred) or some other form of media.

I would not be pleased if the story ends entirely after Defiance. But I'd get over it eventually.

TendrilSavant
12th Oct 2013, 01:49
@ blueobelix: I was simply stating that gamers lose interest quickly in multiplayer modes in story driven single player games (like Lok). Mass Effect 3, Fall of Cybertron to name a couple of games where the multiplayer aspect died fairly fast.

As for why I think Nosgoth is a good place to take the franchise at the moment, I have many reason but it would take to long to list.

AlterRequiem
12th Oct 2013, 01:59
I really wish the threads dedicated to bashing this games existence were just corralled somewhere else. Go buy the domain for www.wehatenosgoth.com if you care that much. I guarantee you it will have just as little effect on this games release as the threads I keep seeing here.

blueobelix
12th Oct 2013, 02:22
I really wish the threads dedicated to bashing this games existence were just corralled somewhere else. Go buy the domain for www.wehatenosgoth.com if you care that much. I guarantee you it will have just as little effect on this games release as the threads I keep seeing here.
Please do read my post before. I was stating that i dont hate nosgoth i was stating that it would be better as an addom to a lok sequel. Stop the flame please.

AlterRequiem
12th Oct 2013, 02:51
Please do read my post before. I was stating that i dont hate nosgoth i was stating that it would be better as an addom to a lok sequel. Stop the flame please.

I was hardly referring to your thread, honestly this is one of the more polite disappointment threads on here, besides the poll.

(After a day of reading angry threads, yours just happened to be the one I exploded onto, lol)

Vallass
12th Oct 2013, 03:39
I'd like an LoK sequel but, its been 10 years, and its a whole new company. To just start where we left off at defiance, where pretty much the only thing left to do was to just wrap up the story, after all this time and all the changes in game design, would kinda be a bit crumby.

I'd like them to re-make the originals, not just a pure port. Add in new content and story, so that when they went to finish it, they'd have an idea of where to go with it.

TheIrtar
12th Oct 2013, 05:45
I would prefer a proper, story drive LoK sequel.

The competitive multiplayer arena genre is kind of oversaturated at this point and so far I haven't seen anything about Nosgoth that has convinced me it will break into the market.

Now, I hope it does, don't get me wrong. That's why I'm here. That's why I signed up for the beta test. That's why I make my odd suggestion here and there. I WANT Nosgoth to be amazing, and a roaring success and am willing to throw down my time to help them get it there. But I'm a pessimist and err on the worst case scenario. (Would rather be pleasantly surprised than crushed. :P)

A true LoK sequel wouldn't have to worry so much about genre competition. There are very few single player narrative driven games. Tomb Raider, Uncharted, and Bioshock come to mind for the past year, but otherwise? It's neglected. Always has been, really, which is what I think has given LoK such a rabid fan base.

But, in the end, all I really want is closure. Been waiting for a decade for the Legacy of Kain to come to a finale. By this point, I don't even care if it's a bad finale. We've been left with one of the worst cliffhangers in gaming history, and I don't care if Kain makes it up, or plummets down, just so long as he gets off the blasted cliff!

Umbralim
12th Oct 2013, 17:08
I would prefer a proper, story drive LoK sequel.

A true LoK sequel wouldn't have to worry so much about genre competition. There are very few single player narrative driven games. Tomb Raider, Uncharted, and Bioshock come to mind for the past year, but otherwise? It's neglected. Always has been, really, which is what I think has given LoK such a rabid fan base.

But, in the end, all I really want is closure. Been waiting for a decade for the Legacy of Kain to come to a finale. By this point, I don't even care if it's a bad finale. We've been left with one of the worst cliffhangers in gaming history, and I don't care if Kain makes it up, or plummets down, just so long as he gets off the blasted cliff!

ehh that is exactly what i don't want closure is so overrated its works for breaking bad but the stories that stick with you are the ones that don't give you a clear ending a gnaw away at your soul for decades to come.

I'm really hoping nosgoth will open up a new branch in LoK story away from Blood Omen or Soul Reaver so we can get more characters.

Vampmaster
12th Oct 2013, 17:24
ehh that is exactly what i don't want closure is so overrated its works for breaking bad but the stories that stick with you are the ones that don't give you a clear ending a gnaw away at your soul for decades to come.

I'm really hoping nosgoth will open up a new branch in LoK story away from Blood Omen or Soul Reaver so we can get more characters.

There's no reason it couldn't continue, but I'm a firm believer in the expression "Raise no more devils (or vampires, even) than you can lay down". The same should go for story arcs too. Don't start new ones until you know you'll have chance to finish the existing ones.

Driber
12th Oct 2013, 17:49
@ dribber. Arent you the community manager? . Doesnt the devs follow the reccomandations and the report bugs that you forward to them? How can you say you are not implied professionally?

No, that's monkeythumbz (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=7221&p=66638#post66638). I am forum admin.

Oh and the name is...

cAW9-NJ1hA8

;)

blueobelix
12th Oct 2013, 18:37
No, that's monkeythumbz (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=7221&p=66638#post66638). I am forum admin.

Oh and the name is...

cAW9-NJ1hA8

;)
Pretty dissapointing, i always live with he impression you were the community manager.
Also. :lmao: :lmao: ahahahahaha the vid is epic. Driber: D.
Drober.sruber.dribler.draber.dribber.

Vampmaster
12th Oct 2013, 19:25
I'd like them to re-make the originals, not just a pure port. Add in new content and story, so that when they went to finish it, they'd have an idea of where to go with it.

Are you kidding? Every time someone tries to to something like that, the new writer is unable to resist putting their own stamp on it and warping it beyond all recognition. Nosgoth on the other hand, is not denying anything from the previous games happened the way it did, just filling in gaps that Amy either hadn't covered or left open to interpretation.

Rynfear
12th Oct 2013, 19:26
What a stupid question. Fans have been waiting for an LoK sequel since 2004. The devs are fully aware of that, or they should be.

Reidbynature
13th Oct 2013, 02:47
Oh the scales have fallen from my eyes. Always pronounced it as Dribber. What a fool I've been. :P

Driber
13th Oct 2013, 07:36
Pretty dissapointing, i always live with he impression you were the community manager.
Also. :lmao: :lmao: ahahahahaha the vid is epic. Driber: D.
Drober.sruber.dribler.draber.dribber.

lol, sorry to disappoint you :p

ha, I've never heard "draber" before, I should add it to the list.

Oh the scales have fallen from my eyes. Always pronounced it as Dribber. What a fool I've been. :P

Don't feel bad, a lot of people do, heh. Though I never really understand why. No one would ever say "taxy drivver", either :scratch:

Vanyelxp5
13th Oct 2013, 22:52
I think a straight up HD remake of the previous games, or even just a re-release would be amazing. (HD remake would be better though... Just sayin)

The only game I don't have a copy of currently is Blood Omen. I also can't play my copy of Defiance right now, because I sold my original Xbox, and it is not one of the ones that can be played on the 360 :( (I'd been told that it would play all old xbox games if I bought a harddrive... Next time I do research first!) So yea, if we had a re-release or a remake, I would buy it on day 1. If it was a next gen only game, I'd still buy it on day one, and it would sit on my shelf until I could afford a next gen system.

TendrilSavant
14th Oct 2013, 01:00
@Vanyelxp5: Not sure a HD remake would come out anytime soon since most of the LoK games are on Steam as is right now (as well as PSN I think). Not knocking the idea, I'm all for it but it's just not likely. I'm my opinion though the games would require a lot more than just a graphics update. Most of the games have some game play issues (box puzzles!) and camera problems that could be addressed.

The_Hylden
14th Oct 2013, 05:40
:lol: @ that video!

RainaAudron
14th Oct 2013, 12:58
rooofl xDD hahahha, I must say, I was saying it the Slovak way, the way it´s written xD my apologies.

Vampmaster
14th Oct 2013, 14:46
@Vanyelxp5: Not sure a HD remake would come out anytime soon since most of the LoK games are on Steam as is right now (as well as PSN I think). Not knocking the idea, I'm all for it but it's just not likely. I'm my opinion though the games would require a lot more than just a graphics update. Most of the games have some game play issues (box puzzles!) and camera problems that could be addressed.

Redesigning/reimagining the game is one step away from rewriting. I can't speak for everyone, but many of us are very attached to the story the way it is and would feel that doing so would be worse than anything Nosgoth is doing.

EDIT: I'm also aware that many people feel that Nosgoth has already crossed that line, but the main reason I've seen people give is that they assumed the Razielim were all killed immediately after Raziel (when the games never said anything about how quickly or by what means it happened) or that Kain's statement about "what I can create, I can also destroy" was a direct confession (and not open to interpretation), which has never been confirmed to be the case.

Driber
14th Oct 2013, 14:50
Ha :D And how would that be, Raina?

blueobelix
14th Oct 2013, 17:52
@dribler: can you please introduce Hd remake as an option for the poll?

ZeroFernir
15th Oct 2013, 01:11

Then we should re-do the pool, because the ones who voted yet cannot vote anymore.

BigAaron
15th Oct 2013, 01:31
lok has been my fav game ever since i played soul reaver thog i never played bloodomen 1....i think a sequel to lok whould be impossable if you think it should be for defiance cuz theres been a total of 10 games canceld that was for lok as good as dead sun maybe (it looked realy good i wish it whould have made it but it didnt and idk why they whould cancle a game like that) it didnt make it still i dont think the work on legacy of kain anymore if there giving that type of game to a dif compeny im surre that compeny is open to ideas and might be more then happy to make a reboot of a legacy of kain game...a sequel thog...thats already been tryed and defiance shouldnt have ended the way it did but a new legacy of kain game whould be great if its single player....and i think xbox 360 and ps3 whould be a good start as a system...
while im doing this a small idea for nosgoth if your still taking ideas i think this is important to lok lore most vampires of lok hate water its like acied to them so if you could add that to nosgoth that whould be greate...its like a invirmental kil...excuse my grammer

TendrilSavant
15th Oct 2013, 01:43
Also, can we get Nosgoth spelled right in the poll... that's been bugging me.

@Vampmaster: What I was trying to say was that most of the LoK games could be improved gameplay wise. I would avoid touching the story as much as possible. When I recommend the games to friends, I tell them that it's got a great story and great characters but some gameplay problems here and there. If these were addressed for an HD re-release, I can honestly say that the game would go from a pretty good series with great story to a gaming masterpiece (If done right). Sorry If I was unclear about my previous statement.

Driber
15th Oct 2013, 06:57

Who?

Heh, like ZeroFernir said, adding poll options does nothing for people who already voted.

Fixed.

Vampmaster
15th Oct 2013, 07:13

@Vampmaster: What I was trying to say was that most of the LoK games could be improved gameplay wise. I would avoid touching the story as much as possible. When I recommend the games to friends, I tell them that it's got a great story and great characters but some gameplay problems here and there. If these were addressed for an HD re-release, I can honestly say that the game would go from a pretty good series with great story to a gaming masterpiece (If done right). Sorry If I was unclear about my previous statement.

I know what you're saying, but that's no mere update. It's rebooting the series from scratch. Not only does that mean we have to wait for it to catch back up to Defiance, but I can't think of a single time where someone has made a reboot without meddling with the story.

I also see rebooting any series as an admission that the creators can't come up with any new ideas. This story spans thousands of years and and has many fascinating characters and unanswered questions. Why repeat the same story all over again when there's so much we've never seen before?

Vanyelxp5
15th Oct 2013, 13:20
I know what you're saying, but that's no mere update. It's rebooting the series from scratch. Not only does that mean we have to wait for it to catch back up to Defiance, but I can't think of a single time where someone has made a reboot without meddling with the story.

I also see rebooting any series as an admission that the creators can't come up with any new ideas. This story spans thousands of years and and has many fascinating characters and unanswered questions. Why repeat the same story all over again when there's so much we've never seen before?

Because HD is pretty!

ParadoxicalOmen
15th Oct 2013, 13:54
I wanted a sequel, but i am afraid for the franchise's lore, since Amy Hennig is no longer working for Eidos.
The most important element (to me) is the story, and having it done by people who weren't in the previous games do it frightens me. This because the one time that was tried, which was with BO2...frankly, i disliked it a lot (story-wise...as a game it was rather fun to play).
I believe in the capability in anyone making a fun game, but i have some apprehension when it comes to the story when the original team isn't involved.

One of the things that makes me calm is that Nosgoth won't meddle much with the story. It will be gameplay driven, not story driven. So no worries there...
I am quite anxious for this game. I really want this game to be a success and put LoK back in the spotlight.

Vampmaster
15th Oct 2013, 14:31
Because HD is pretty!

I'm fine with HD, because that doesn't involve redesign, rewriting or much reprogramming. What TendrilSavant was suggesting was more than just HD.

TendrilSavant
15th Oct 2013, 20:53
Just to be clear, I know how much work would go into what I suggested. It's merely my opinion, that and the fact that Square-Enix is still selling unaltered versions of previous LoK games on Steam and PSN. No reason to make a straight HD version if the normal versions are still selling.

I wouldn't mind a reboot if done well. To me no work of fiction is hallowed ground, and should be allowed to be re-imagined and revisited by different artist. Now, I'm not saying that it WILL be done right, but we'll never know if they don't try.

A final chapter to Kain's story would be best, but Defiance didn't meet sales expectations so I don't blame anyone for not wanting to risk money continuing the series.

MattTetska
15th Oct 2013, 21:23
Not reading what other people say yet,just voting and throwing my two cents in.

I have a feeling that no matter what game we get, it's always gonna get a relatively negative reaction. After ten years without a new LoK game, if they [insert any dev team here] make a new edition to the series a lot of people will have high expectations for it. Quite frankly I'm glad that Nosgoth is going in this direction because it is different. This way the game will be impossible to compare to its predecessors, and can offer an experience that brings together fans of the series.

MattTetska
15th Oct 2013, 21:56
Just to be clear, I know how much work would go into what I suggested. It's merely my opinion, that and the fact that Square-Enix is still selling unaltered versions of previous LoK games on Steam and PSN. No reason to make a straight HD version if the normal versions are still selling..

There was the Dreamcast version of SR, which technically could count as an HD release, kinda

Vampmaster
15th Oct 2013, 22:23
To me no work of fiction is hallowed ground, and should be allowed to be re-imagined and revisited by different artist.

I wouldn't exactly use the words "hallowed ground", but the most renowned stories that have been written generally have a definitive version that people accept as official and that's almost always the original, because that's the one that made it great in the first place.

ZeroFernir
15th Oct 2013, 22:57
Who?

Heh, like ZeroFernir said, adding poll options does nothing for people who already voted.

Who?
Draber, druber, dribler, drubler, dibler.

Vanyelxp5
15th Oct 2013, 23:45
Just to be clear, I know how much work would go into what I suggested. It's merely my opinion, that and the fact that Square-Enix is still selling unaltered versions of previous LoK games on Steam and PSN. No reason to make a straight HD version if the normal versions are still selling.

I wouldn't mind a reboot if done well. To me no work of fiction is hallowed ground, and should be allowed to be re-imagined and revisited by different artist. Now, I'm not saying that it WILL be done right, but we'll never know if they don't try.

A final chapter to Kain's story would be best, but Defiance didn't meet sales expectations so I don't blame anyone for not wanting to risk money continuing the series.

They aren't selling Blood Omen on Steam. No idea about the PSN... don't have a PS3.

Reidbynature
15th Oct 2013, 23:45
Who?
Draber, druber, dribler, drubler, dibler.

We need a new poll. Those are the options I want. Vote Dribler!

Chotokukyan
22nd Oct 2013, 16:05
I would just like to support the idea of a single player or PvM type game. I understand that Nosgoth may be the first step towards many and I sincerely hope that's the case. I was a huge fan of the original Blood Omen: LoK, and the first Soul Reaver sequel. Haven't enjoyed any sequel since. Personally, I'd love to see the series make a more ARPG-like game with inventory, classes/characters, an immersive story as always, freely traversable world. Obviously the easiest comparison is the Diablo series, but I think LoK has potential to diverge from that series while including some ideas from both. The foundation is already there with the established lore, monsters, landscape, items, magic/abilities, etc. Just voicing an opinion, looking forward to this franchise being revived!

ZeroFernir
23rd Oct 2013, 01:03
I'm fine with HD, because that doesn't involve redesign, rewriting or much reprogramming. What TendrilSavant was suggesting was more than just HD.

About that HD Remake, me and some friends are already doing it: Ever heard of Blood Omnicide project? a mod project for the original Blood Omen that takes it to HD and add some cool features (as enemies do not throw knives in 8 directions anymore) =P

lordbane2110
24th Oct 2013, 17:13
Actually you can consider WoW a sequel in terms of story anyway, while the individual players don't actually add much to the story, seriously how could they

The main players in the storyline still keep changing with each expansion and it also helps fill in some of the gaps as to what happened such as Jaina Proudmore, Thrall, and so on

I'd personally like to see a Warcraft 4, but lets face it , blizzard has figured how how to make one of there best franchaises into one hell of a cash cow, so a sequel isn't ever going to happen

as for LoK, i'd like to see both a a new game, done with sympathy to the existing lore and this, after all if this is the game that reignites the entire series then i'll be really happy, especially once i get hold of a Zephonium (eventually), cause spider vampires are cool

Saig-Sagittarius
1st Nov 2013, 20:35
That scraps and hints about canceled Dead Sun is just... I can't even describe how i feel about every scrap of information that i saw and read about it... It COULDN'T be a bad game! Damn!
Just why cancel, fans would eat it anyways, even if it is a BAD (i doubt it). I feel myself like a junkie for that story and I need a dose! And it was just right there, a little bit of LoK, a little bit of cool and bad-ass vampire story and... BAM!.. No dose for me! Just some... multiplayer. I can't hold my emotions right now so i just leave before I sad something offencing or harash.

Vampmaster
1st Nov 2013, 23:35
About that HD Remake, me and some friends are already doing it: Ever heard of Blood Omnicide project? a mod project for the original Blood Omen that takes it to HD and add some cool features (as enemies do not throw knives in 8 directions anymore) =P

Yes. I have heard of that and it's a remake, not a reboot. Those are completely different things.

Have you heard of Raina's Soul Revenant project? http://theancientsden.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Soul%20Revenant

That's a remake too, although I think it needs the original SR1 to run.