PDA

View Full Version : Backpack Idea

Dragu Slave
8th Dec 2006, 13:30
We all know there's gonna be the Ring Inventory back. It's been confirmed. Since there's gonna be an inventory, I doubt it's gonna be "Carry one gun only" like in Legend.

So I was thinking something in between. Reduce frustration and add challenge at the same time. In the inventory we could carry a certain amount of items. Like Rocket launcher takes up most space in it, so might have to discard a medipack or 2 to make it fit.

Of course Items like, Keys, Scions, etc... won't have to take up any space. This is only for Weapons, Medipacks, Flares/Batteries for LED, Grenades and other gadgets.

If you don't know what i mean, check out the briefcase in Resident Evil 4.

As unlockables we could expand the backpack instead of outfits with different colors.

WraithStar
8th Dec 2006, 15:42
It's a cool idea, but I prefer the infinite backpack in TR :)

Advent-Lara
9th Dec 2006, 08:36
infinite is better! in legend that you could only wear 3 health packs..Grr i want the small and big health packs back :) and ofcourse waering 8 weapons with a tiny backpack ^^

Terminatorvs
9th Dec 2006, 11:34
It's similar to the inventory in Deus Ex 1, Diablo, NWN, etc. It's more common for RPG. I think it would be better if Lara carried two pistols in her holsters, Magnums - tucked up in her belt from in front, Uzis - tucked up in her belt from behind, and the shotgun - behind the back. I still think, that the idea of having a bottomless backpack is bad - there's no need making the game even easier.
P. S. I completed TR3 recently - throughout the whole game I used only three small medpacks.

ladylinnycroft
9th Dec 2006, 20:55
infinite medipacks for sure....i had to cheat on infinite medipacks for the 1st TR game...i would not have got through it if it were not for them....a pain in legend with only 3 medipacks...those bloody crates that were on fire in the england level...they ate medipacks......yep infinite is good

Headache
9th Dec 2006, 23:52
I think it is a good idea. I just don't like an expanded backpack as an unlockable though. Seems a bit dull IMO.

Terminatorvs
10th Dec 2006, 07:44
I know there are people who used no medpacks at all and completed the game with only the use of pistols (TR 1-3) and when needed used telescopic sight (TR 4-5).
Theses are their words: "why do you need medpacks at all?".

Raider0011
16th Dec 2006, 22:06
My thought is that Tomb Raider has always been a game of skill. I know people that play the game that run through hazards without a care in the world, then just use a medipack. You really shouldn't need that many medipacks. If I used 2 in Legend I would be amazed... The limited back pack is a feature that I particularly like as it makes the game a bit more difficult. Maybe CD could have an unlimited backpack in the Easy setting only? That would make sense to me...

kiss-bite
17th Dec 2006, 09:22
My thought is that Tomb Raider has always been a game of skill. I know people that play the game that run through hazards without a care in the world, then just use a medipack. You really shouldn't need that many medipacks. If I used 2 in Legend I would be amazed... The limited back pack is a feature that I particularly like as it makes the game a bit more difficult. Maybe CD could have an unlimited backpack in the Easy setting only? That would make sense to me...

:) Yes, I agree.;)

ditom
19th Dec 2006, 15:29
Infinitive backpack is good idea.In TRL we can have only one rifle and I don't like this.Maby this is more realistic but infinitive backpack is better.

_mil
20th Dec 2006, 00:02
yeah, tis nice, but hows about if you discard an item/object, you can come back and pick it up later say like when you rid yourself of the rocket launcher when you run out of rockets...

I made the suggestion for infinite back pack space (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=63827) here a while ago :P

All'z good, i like the idea about it.

David 070
21st Dec 2006, 04:27
i just want them to make it more realistic!!!!!

no more unlimited ammo!!!!!!

well,maybe a difficulty setting,easy-unlimited ammo,carry everything.
normal-limited ammo,limited carrying
hard,very limited ammo,very limited carrying,extremely hard ai!!!!! & traps.

yes!!!

cant wait for tr anniversary,i love legend but i am drooling now! lol :P

ditom
21st Dec 2006, 13:28
Yes.I'd like to fight with enemies without weapon.
I think that Lara shouldn't be so bulletprof.

xbaa
10th Jan 2007, 22:57
Although its not a bad it's not a bad idea it reminds of the horrible idea of having remove stuff from my harddisk to save space !