PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider 2 borrows from Braveheart and George Lucas

SethKoopa
6th Dec 2006, 23:44
I don't know if I am the only one who's noticed this, but this just has to be posted here:

If you watch Braveheart, you may notice that during the biggest battle scene, you hear familiar roars and weapon clangs. That's because the exact same sounds (the same sequence really, in fact, even death groans) are used in the opening FMV for Tomb Raider 2 (!).

And wait, it gets even better. In "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom", the temple sacrificial scene also has a familiar chant - the same chant used for Bartoli's ceremony cutscene in the conclusion of the "Temple of Xian" level. (!!)

:confused: :nut: :D

...Weird, huh? I KNOW that I am not hearing this. But I don't see LucasArts or Mel Gibson credited in the booklet for Tomb Raider 2. So how did Natan McCree get away with it?

Density
7th Dec 2006, 02:17
Wow, how do you come up with all of this odd but amazing stuff!! :eek: It's scary sometimes:D

SethKoopa
7th Dec 2006, 11:40
I do not know. Guess I am more of a Tomb Raider fanatic than I will admit to myself.:D But thank you. :cool:

macstu23
15th Jan 2007, 19:01
Doesn't surprise me. I work in the film industry (Freelance 1st AC/Camera Operator) and many sound effects used in Film/TV and the computer games industry come from huge libraries. Here in the UK the BBC sound libraries are well known. Must be dozens if not hundreds of volumes by now. Hours and hours of any sound you like, from a cockroach farting to a medieval battle. If you want it, they've got it, or can create it.

SethKoopa
19th Jan 2007, 09:37
Thanks for that info, macstu23. I've wondered about this for some time, as no. 2 is the only game where I can find such a screaming instance.