PDA

View Full Version : Time Trials

Lily
6th Dec 2006, 15:35
Hello,

I would like to play the time trials, but i don't know how.

Can you help me please?

Thanks.

Terminatorvs
6th Dec 2006, 16:20
In order to play the time-trial, you first have to complete a level, and only then you'll be allowed to play it in time-trial mode.

Mr.LaraCroft
6th Dec 2006, 20:47
yea but is there a option for time trial mode..how do you do it?

Terminatorvs
7th Dec 2006, 12:15
There's a load/save box. In it hit the replay level button. Then select time trial in difficulty settings.

Mad Lizzy
31st Dec 2006, 14:44
i'l give you an example, imagine you finished bolivia, and you want to do a time trial on peru, you have to pass peru b4 u can play a time trial on it.:rasp: :rasp:

to load time trials, just click on load, load level and select Japan, and it will let u do a time trial on either peru or bolivia.:D :D

Astara
31st Dec 2006, 22:44
On the PC version, after you finish a level (like Bolivia, let's say), I continue until it places me in the beginning of the next level -- like Peru in this case. I skip the cinematic, then just "in case", I save my current game position at the beginning of the new level (Peru, in this example). Then I go back to the in-game pause menu and select "quit" (not load). I answer yes -- and then it goes back to the main menu.

On the main menu, I select the "Load/Save Game" menu. There are 4 choices. One is "Replay Level". I select that and I see the option to replay any level I've already finished. I select the level I want to replay (or do time trial on). Then it displays 3 options "Continue" (will start level at "current" difficulty level; "select outfit", "select difficulty". If you select difficulty, you can choose "Time Trial" as a "difficulty level". They you're off.

You can also use the "Replay level", if you've discovered you "missed" any "treasures/rewards". When you replay the level, only the missing treasures/rewards will be left on the level (any that you previously picked up -- i.e. didn't miss won't be there).

In terms of overall game strategy, there doesn't seem to be any advantage to completing time trials until you've reached the "Completed" stage of the game (been through all levels with or without finding all rewards). In the PC version, none of the cheats are enabled until you've completed the whole game and the corresponding "time trial".

If you complete all the levels and get all the rewards, in order, then when you go to do the time trials, for example, you will have all 3 pistol upgrades: larger magazine, Increased Accuracy and Increased Damage -- those upgrades can help complete Time Trials.

If you complete Croft Manor after Bolivia, you'll get the first upgrade after completing the manor and the 2nd after Japan.

A*a