PDA

View Full Version : Blinded by the Darkness & Light!

kiss-bite
5th Dec 2006, 15:09
I think a nice little touch to the game would be light & darkness blindness. Imagine Lara after spending hours in darkness, seeing the blinding bright light of daylight or a tomb that has light streaming in. When she exits the darkness & enters the light the screen is much too bright & blurred adjusting gradually as your really eyes would until vision has clarity again.:)

This could also work vice versa as Lara enters a tomb her eyes would have to adjust from light to dark, so the screen would be very dark & then gradually things become clearer as vision adjusts to the darkness. I thought this could be a nice subtle touch much like Lara gradually drying after she's been in water or the like the dirt on her skin & clothes.:D

What do you think? Have any other ideas that would add a nice little touch to TRA & future games?

Terminatorvs
5th Dec 2006, 16:23
That's a good idea. It's also realistic. :thumbsup:

Dragu Slave
5th Dec 2006, 21:18
I LOVE it :D

_mil
5th Dec 2006, 22:58
Swanky stuff KB. i really like it. can picture it too.

I think that she should be a bit slower too perhaps when changing, a little groggy-ness so to speak.

Headache
6th Dec 2006, 01:37
Lovely idea. I like it very much also.

Sophia Leigh
6th Dec 2006, 01:53
I like the idea too, it could be very interesting :thumbsup:

mujed
12th Dec 2006, 20:25
very nice idea, i guess it would make a great change in the realistic region of games, and i think crystal dynamics can do it.

GeckoKid
12th Dec 2006, 23:38
it actually was there, although very briefly and subtly, in TR legend, where you just activated the 2nd water wheel, and dove down to the water, the section where you start going back to the ladder the screen brightens and the colour changes to more yellowish. :)

it'd be nice if this effect was more elaborate in TRA, best if HDR was employed. even when you look at the sky to the cliff beneath it would trigger the brightness effect is nice.

dhama
13th Dec 2006, 10:41
it actually was there, although very briefly and subtly, in TR legend, where you just activated the 2nd water wheel, and dove down to the water, the section where you start going back to the ladder the screen brightens and the colour changes to more yellowish. :)

it'd be nice if this effect was more elaborate in TRA, best if HDR was employed. even when you look at the sky to the cliff beneath it would trigger the brightness effect is nice.

Know what you mean Jackie, I experienced that in the extra coastal level of Half Life 2. That would indeed be cool, but my PC needs to be renewed to play with that, the level was a little jerky in places, except when I stood still and marveled at the glorious lighting effects. :)

Verios
13th Dec 2006, 18:28
It's a nice idea but dont think it'd be very practical.

DKSM
14th Dec 2006, 03:02
It's a cool idea, but I'm concerned if it would be too annoying. In GTA: Vice City, the sunsets made it extremely difficult to drive and I would get mad. If it's subtle and doesn't detract from the gameplay I would welcome it. :)