PDA

View Full Version : [SUGGESTION] Backpack of infinite space

_mil
4th Dec 2006, 11:29
Bring back lara's backpack of infinite space in TRA please. I like having more then two weapons to choose from and a copious supply of FLARES and medipacks (The good old large and small kinds). And i guess i wouldnt be the only one to agree on that one :whistle:

Would make it much'a more fun. :D

Terminatorvs
4th Dec 2006, 14:40
Having multiple weapons in one backpack makes the game feel like common FPS-games. Besides, too much ammo makes the game too easy.

Dragu Slave
4th Dec 2006, 19:21
I want the unlimited backpack back. However, the amount of ammo should be very limited. In the classics especially TR4-6 the amount of Ammo was insane.

Also make the weapons rechargeable like Tomb Raider Legend/Resident Evil. Show the clips as they're falling on the ground while reloading and get rid of the auto reloading system (When withdrawing the guns, they shouldn't auto-reload).

L Croft
4th Dec 2006, 23:07
The only limited system I have ever liked was the Deus Ex 1 system where each item took up a different amount of space, so a flame thrower took up 6 squares while a pistol or medipack took up one. And ammo was limited too but not unreasonably.
I defiantly think that the limits in Legend were too low, running out of med packs during boss fights was very annoying, and 3 is too few.

_mil
4th Dec 2006, 23:07
Yeah, actually it was quite insane, but the one thing in legend that wasn't there and i guess a few people picked up on, was that random objects could never be found like a medipack or a clip, you only encountered them when you came across a baddy...... i want those back as well too

:nut:

Headache
4th Dec 2006, 23:50
No. Like Terminatorvs said... Makes the game too easy with unlimited items.

_mil
5th Dec 2006, 11:39

When ever i played the original series, without the weapons cheat, i wouldnt have as much as what people are saying here. But it was pretty bad with legend when are low on medipacks right at the inappropriate times.

I defiantly think that the limits in Legend were too low, running out of med packs during boss fights was very annoying, and 3 is too few.

Very true. And it wasn't good when died and you seem to of mysteriously gain a medipack or something, but it would be hard to complete a boss stage with only 3 behind you. The bosses went as hard as those from the original series. Remember how hard it was in TR1, and TR2, AND TR3!?
And has anyone really tried going up against the final boss in TR1 with no medipacks, and only pistols at hand (perhaps), but it wouldn't really be that exciting until you actually win after sheer luck with it all.

What im getting at was that; yeah, sure it was really realistic that in legend you could only have what lara could carry, but with only a few weapons in the whole game and only 1 extra at a time was pretty lame. Who here would change from, say Uzis (which i REALLY MISSED!!!) to an M16, or a shotty or to a grenade launcher, and then upgrade to a bazooka when you got bored with a certain weapon.... well, kinda going off track, but hey, infinite backpack... woo-yay-woo!

:scratch:

Terminatorvs
5th Dec 2006, 16:22
And has anyone really tried going up against the final boss in TR1 with no medipacks, and only pistols at hand

I did. When I played the first time, I actually thought it was waaaaaay too hard to reach for the escape key, so I just jumped around the boss and shot him to death.
P. S. The bosses in previous TRs are not hard. I'm replaying the TR games now, and I hardly ever use medpacks.

Dragu Slave
5th Dec 2006, 22:34
How about having a limited amount in the backpack like in RE4?

You could have to throw away some stuff to make others fit. But this would only involve inventory not keys and artifacts.

_mil
5th Dec 2006, 22:51
P. S. The bosses in previous TRs are not hard. I'm replaying the TR games now, and I hardly ever use medpacks.

The old bosses scared the hell out of me, but i eventually went through em'. But personally, i thought they were hard. Took me a while to get TR1 done :p

You could have to throw away some stuff to make others fit. But this would only involve inventory not keys and artifacts.

Good idea :thumbsup:

Sophia Leigh
6th Dec 2006, 02:25

I agree, I think the Legend set up was well done and the fact is too many people complained that Legend was too easy.

_mil
6th Dec 2006, 10:38
i think legend was easy only due to the fact that it was so small and everything was in the one spot, all laid out for you. you basically went in a straight path. i dont think it was down the the amount of medipacks and/or weapons.

you always had to go back and forth in the classics. And as the good old coop said, legend wont have a lever/switch in one room and 40 yards (or something along those lines) away open and you have to run for it. Enemies where easy. I remember in TR1 that it took AGES to kill a person. In legend you just needed to slam them against a wall or stop and bam, dead.
Everything was there in legend, if you didnt know what something was, either the idiots on the other line would tell you or you would just wing it. Or the camera would show the path that you needed to take in order to 'win the level'.

Things where far to easy compared to other games. Take for example the second level in TR1, you would have to go back and forth in that room where the bear was (first one), you had so many things that needed doing in one area, in order to gain access to another. After the large doors (2nd lot -- after the bears and first lot of wolfs), You had to go through one tunnel, come back out, then into another (i think :P). It was a maze and thats what a tomb is meant to be. Full of dead-ends to allude robbers and false walls and such.

(Oh, and would it be possible not to overly highlight movable blocks or things that are designed to be moved, or not even highlight at all)

:whistle:

WraithStar
8th Dec 2006, 15:47
When ever i played the original series, without the weapons cheat, i wouldnt have as much as what people are saying here. But it was pretty bad with legend when are low on medipacks right at the inappropriate times.

Very true. And it wasn't good when died and you seem to of mysteriously gain a medipack or something, but it would be hard to complete a boss stage with only 3 behind you. The bosses went as hard as those from the original series. Remember how hard it was in TR1, and TR2, AND TR3!?
And has anyone really tried going up against the final boss in TR1 with no medipacks, and only pistols at hand (perhaps), but it wouldn't really be that exciting until you actually win after sheer luck with it all.

What im getting at was that; yeah, sure it was really realistic that in legend you could only have what lara could carry, but with only a few weapons in the whole game and only 1 extra at a time was pretty lame. Who here would change from, say Uzis (which i REALLY MISSED!!!) to an M16, or a shotty or to a grenade launcher, and then upgrade to a bazooka when you got bored with a certain weapon.... well, kinda going off track, but hey, infinite backpack... woo-yay-woo!

:scratch:

i think legend was easy only due to the fact that it was so small and everything was in the one spot, all laid out for you. you basically went in a straight path. i dont think it was down the the amount of medipacks and/or weapons.

you always had to go back and forth in the classics. And as the good old coop said, legend wont have a lever/switch in one room and 40 yards (or something along those lines) away open and you have to run for it. Enemies where easy. I remember in TR1 that it took AGES to kill a person. In legend you just needed to slam them against a wall or stop and bam, dead.
Everything was there in legend, if you didnt know what something was, either the idiots on the other line would tell you or you would just wing it. Or the camera would show the path that you needed to take in order to 'win the level'.

Things where far to easy compared to other games. Take for example the second level in TR1, you would have to go back and forth in that room where the bear was (first one), you had so many things that needed doing in one area, in order to gain access to another. After the large doors (2nd lot -- after the bears and first lot of wolfs), You had to go through one tunnel, come back out, then into another (i think :P). It was a maze and thats what a tomb is meant to be. Full of dead-ends to allude robbers and false walls and such.

(Oh, and would it be possible not to overly highlight movable blocks or things that are designed to be moved, or not even highlight at all)

:whistle:

Very well said. I agree :)