PDA

View Full Version : Irrealistic stuff in TRs

Terminatorvs
2nd Dec 2006, 17:25
I decided to make this topic to collect some irrealistic stuff from all "TRs". I'm not talking about fiction, such as the Atlantean pyramid or the evil god Seth. No. I'm talking about unreal according to phisichs, psychology, biology, etc. facts.
I'll give a start.
Lara has a bottomless featherweight backpack - she can carry unlimited amount of stuff, and the backpack doesn't get heavier. (TR 1-6)
Lara's legs are not muscular enough to do all those jumps. They have to be similar to locust's legs to do that. (TR 1-6).
Lara travels all around the world and never leaves her guns behind - what about border controls? (TR 1-7).
In some levels the water in the communicant vessels is at differnt level. (TR 2-3).
All animals attack Lara - are they always that hungry or is it because Lara was an animal-torturer back when she was a kid. (TR 1-7).
Prisoners don't attack Lara and don't try to rape her. (TR 3).
Lara does not become a most wanted criminal after killing guards and law enforcers. (TR 3,5,6).
Riding a bike and shooting at the same time is practically impossible. (TR 7).
That's not all, but I think, if it's a good thread, then you should also write your replies.

tizerist
2nd Dec 2006, 19:20
i agree.
some of the superhuman stuff needs to be toned down, in order to make it more realistic.

for example, when you run and jump, i would cut the jumping distance to half.

when you swing on a bar, and twirl like a trapeez artist is also unrealistic.

the 180 degree roll is also not lifelike.

Headache
2nd Dec 2006, 21:40
I noticed in the beginning sutscene of Bolivia in Legend and in the game... She does handstands to get up onto ledges..... Her arms would have to be...... Huge to do that.

Again in Legend, she could not have gotten out of that trainwreck that easy. The train most likely would have exploded/derailed instantly.

(This is kinda an obvious one, and I do realize that it's just a part of TR - but I thought I'd point it out.): Mummies, statues, and skeletons don't come to life.

The crocodiles, scorpions and other 'normal' wildlife.... Like in Last Revelation... How did they survive? There were no obvious food sources. I mean it's possible they could eat each other, but there wouldn't be any left to find.

I don't know how Lara survived after Last Revelation.... She couldn't have! But she did.

Treeble
2nd Dec 2006, 22:33
Does Lara and her human enemies use airsoft guns, so they can last THAT long under gunfire?

Anyway, I love the games just the way they are. If I want realism, I'll go outside.

Headache
3rd Dec 2006, 03:19
Anyway, I love the games just the way they are. If I want realism, I'll go outside.
Agreed. But it's just fun to analyze TR. Doesn't change a thing.
For me anyway.

Mr.LaraCroft
3rd Dec 2006, 07:06
i think maybe when she gets shot by men..it affects her but not really like in real life..but i love tomb raider..

Terminatorvs
3rd Dec 2006, 16:39
All mercs have the same bikes. (TR 7).
Lara kills a T-Rex with puny .38 pistols. (TR 1-3).
Lara doesn't get squished by water pressure on the bottom of the sea. (TR2).
Larson and Pierre getting shot multiple times - when will these two just die? (TR 1, 5).
Oh, yeah, how could I forget - Lara never reloads her guns (TR 1-6).
Lara's highly flammable. (TR 1-6).
Lara has high electrical resistance. (TR 7).
Lara's hair is resiliant to fire - her upper clothes are on fire, her hair is not. (TR 7).
Lara pulls off her coat without pulling off her backpack first. (TR 7).
Lara uses a knife to cut the rope she's holding - she could just let go. (TR1)
Steam doesn't come out of Lara's mouth when it's freezing outside. (TR 1, 2, 5, 6).
Lara slides down the wire holding it with her bare hands (TR7) .
Lara has a T-rex head in her vault - how did she manage to cut it off and drag it back home? (TR3).
Lara keeps all her trophies in one room at her mansion - they could be stolen while Lara is not at home.
Vehicles never run out of gas. (TR 2, 3, 4, 5, 7).
There's a bike on a roof full of gas - someone must have put it there intentionally. (TR7)
Lara's plane blows up - how's that possible: if it fell because the fuel was empty, then it couldn't have exploded. If it fell because of the malfunction with enough fuel to explode, that is also irrealistic - the wings were torn off (The fuel is in the wings). The plane must have been full of TNT. (TR2)
Lara easily rides a jeep on snow with a flat tire (TR2). And later in the same FMV the tire is fixed. (Lara is a super mechanic! Yeah!).
Lara never gets tired of sprinting (TR6), yet she gets tired of hanging to the ledge.
Lara can easily hang on to a sheer slope without sliding down (TR 1-5).
Lara falls asleep on a boat, knowing that anyone can come in and spot her.

Density
5th Dec 2006, 17:06
You didn't put that the last one was on TR1.
I liked the explanation for the plane crash in TR2. Never really gave that one a thought:scratch:

Terminatorvs
6th Dec 2006, 16:27
Here's some more stuff I posted on tombraiderforums:
Lara's guns never gunk up if she immerses into the water. (TR 1-7).
The ventilation shafts are too wide - Lara can easily walk in there. (Correct me if I'm mistaken. But are ventilation shafts really that wide in the U. S. A. and other western countries?)
Sometimes you can find a key in the wildest places. Ex: a keycard on a roof - must have been some prankster.
Lara can easily move huge stone blocks. (TR 1-4, 7)
None of the computers have a mouse.
Lara doesn't get cold: In Tibet she's wearing her shorts and a fur jacket, she doesn't wear gloves (TR2), in Antarctica she has neither a hat nor glasses (TR3) (It's so cold in Antarctica, actually, that your eyes freeze), in Khazakhstan and Nepal she has no hat, the same about the gloves. (TR7).
Giant spiders can't exist in general - bigger organisms need different body proportions - if spiders were that big, their legs would break under their own weight. (TR 2, 3).
Lara has a 50000 (fifty thousand) volt pistol. (TR6)
After the undersea level Lara puts her boots back on - she left them in the room with the monk, actually (at least one - she threw it right at him). (TR2)
Lara lands into the garbage container, and afterwards no one seems to notice it. (TR6)

SethKoopa
6th Dec 2006, 21:59
Steam doesn't come out of Lara's mouth when it's freezing outside. (TR 1, 2, 5, 6).

Actually, Terminatorvs, in Tomb Raider 3 she does breathe steam in Antarctica, both in the first level and the RX-Tech mines.

Lara has a T-rex head in her vault - how did she manage to cut it off and drag it back home? (TR3).

Lara keeps all her trophies in one room at her mansion - they could be stolen while Lara is not at home.
Vehicles never run out of gas. (TR 2, 3, 4, 5, 7).

Lara never gets tired of sprinting (TR6), yet she gets tired of hanging to the ledge.

Giant spiders can't exist in general - bigger organisms need different body proportions - if spiders were that big, their legs would break under their own weight. (TR 2, 3).

Lara doesn't get cold: In Tibet she's wearing her shorts and a fur jacket, she doesn't wear gloves (TR2), in Antarctica she has neither a hat nor glasses (TR3) (It's so cold in Antarctica, actually, that your eyes freeze)

After the undersea level Lara puts her boots back on - she left them in the room with the monk, actually (at least one - she threw it right at him). (TR2)

All are classic Tomb Raider logic :D Things like that never bother me - it's the video game world; anything can happen. Lara is a superwoman, too; and the T-Rex head is such an obvious easter-egg. Worthy of speculation, indeed...;)

As for the cold-seeking thing, I fully agree with you; I did not buy Lara running around Tibet in her shorts. In the art for Antarctica in TR3, Lara is show wearing glasses at least in one picture - notice also how all the RX-tech workers have their caps down and no hats or glasses, either? :nut: :confused:

Terminatorvs
7th Dec 2006, 12:20
She does have steam coming out of her mouth in TR3, that's why I didn't include it in the list.
About the glasses: what I meant to say is that you need special glasses, that cover your eyes entirely, so that no cold wind can come through, or it's bye-bye, little eye.

SethKoopa
7th Dec 2006, 22:33
Oh I see. Funnily enough, though, only two guys in Antarctica wore such - and both only in the opening game FMV. Willard just wore these circular sunshades, like Lara's that I was referring to. But hey, that's Tomb Raider.

Terminatorvs
8th Dec 2006, 07:40
One more thing I noticed:
Lara has a flashlight, but she uses it only in the FMV-sequence, throughout the other part of the game (i. e. the whole other game) she uses only flares. (TR4)

SethKoopa
8th Dec 2006, 16:32
And binoculars, remember. But I seem to recall that the flashlight was one of the Last Revelation's many advertised new features that were cut. The diary was another. I'm guessing the FMVs were finished before this happened.

Terminatorvs
10th Dec 2006, 07:54
Oh. I remembered one more thing!!! :)
Lara's compass doesn't show where North is, instead it shows the direction Lara's facing. (TR4)

Headache
10th Dec 2006, 17:19
Lara's compass doesn't show where North is, instead it shows the direction Lara's facing. (TR4)
Oh yes, that was very annoying!

SethKoopa
10th Dec 2006, 22:56
Yes, the marked N, always directly in front of Lara... I never thought about that before!

I noticed once that someone mentioned (not here) the feather and the vase in the last level of Tomb Raider 4. But that's a part of Egyptian mythology. Apart from the water bit, of course; but the heart was weight against Maat (I think), the feather of truth.

GeckoKid
11th Dec 2006, 05:14
"Lara easily rides a jeep on snow with a flat tire (TR2). And later in the same FMV the tire is fixed."

It's lara who shot the other jeep with a flat tire, not her own jeep :)

I've got one:

Antartica is one of the driest desert in the world, yet it's been snowing all the time Lara was there! (tr3)

shirl123
11th Dec 2006, 15:26
there are FAR too many things, but here are a few of my own:

in TR3 - while chasing (or trying to...) that blonde guy in India, Lara finds a quad bike. a quad bike in the middle of the jungle!!! in the middle of nowhere!

in TR2 - after exiting the temple on Xian - ta da! there's no snow at all, the sky are TOO cloudy and weird/un-natural flying warriors begin to attack her. hmm...maybe all these strange stuff happend because *someone* used the dagger? I guess we'll never know, because the cut-scenes didn't give us all the answers. ;)

the braid! oh yes, the lovely braid! not only it's bad for field/battle/wild areas, it never gets messy for Lara...but... ever noticed that it breathes by itself?

speaking of things that get all messy...Lara's weapons:

1. must be very clean if her hands aren't full of dark oil, and it isn't a good thing. (all TR's)
2. I don't really know about other guns, but M16 is VERY noisy. you have to cover your ears while using it, unless you want to be deaf. I guess Lara's ears have some super-powers...(TR2)
3. Uzis usually "spit out" the "left-overs" of the bullets, hmm...Lara's may be acting a bit diffrent (TR 1 & 2. I think they realized their mistake on TR3?). oh yeah, and what about SAFTY? making sure that there are NO bullets stuck inside (all TR's) :p

that's all for now...

Terminatorvs
11th Dec 2006, 18:57
It's lara who shot the other jeep with a flat tire, not her own jeep :)

I'm pretty sure Lara's tire was shot, that's why she lost control of the jeep for a short time; plus, the gun was pointed forward, not backward.

3. Uzis usually "spit out" the "left-overs" of the bullets, hmm...Lara's may be acting a bit diffrent (TR 1 & 2. I think they realized their mistake on TR3?). oh yeah, and what about SAFTY? making sure that there are NO bullets stuck inside (all TR's) :p

Actually, none of the guns spitted out shells in the first two TRs.

About M-16: it can't go fully automatic - short bursts only. (TR2)

SethKoopa
12th Dec 2006, 22:14
there are FAR too many things, but here are a few of my own:

in TR3 - while chasing (or trying to...) that blonde guy in India, Lara finds a quad bike. a quad bike in the middle of the jungle!!! in the middle of nowhere!

in TR2 - after exiting the temple on Xian - ta da! there's no snow at all, the sky are TOO cloudy and weird/un-natural flying warriors begin to attack her. hmm...maybe all these strange stuff happend because *someone* used the dagger? I guess we'll never know, because the cut-scenes didn't give us all the answers. ;)

(TR2) Don't be so literal. Lara doesn't exit the Great Wall - she enters another, strange world INSIDE it. That's what's breathtaking, really; the Dagger has its own little world. I always thought that was really cool, and the Floating Island is, as such, possibly my favourite Tomb Raider 2 level next to the Opera House and the Dragon's Lair.

(TR3)
I would assume that the quad bike belonged to Tony, the blonde nut in India. So, Lara simply steals/borrows his quadbike. It looks like he rode it down to the river, realised (or thought) he couldn't get farther on it and so fashioned himself a raft (how is a mystery, but hey, almost everything in Tomb Raider is).

I will add one thing that geniuinely annoyed, and still annoys, the heck out of me: in the Last Revelation, Lara somehow exits the Citadel (don't ask me how - there were no exits, not even visible ones but inaccessible to the player) and then, somehow, just is up at the Sphinx Complex. I always wanted a cut-scene or an FMV - definitely an FMV, at such a turning point in the game, before the climaxing Giza levels! That still annoys me.

I must criticise Tomb Raider on the fact that the scripts simply are not well written enough for the average person (including me) to grasp what's going on unless you watch repeatedly. Even with the TR4 FMV where Lara meets Jean and realises for real what she has done, it is filled with such unnecessary dialogue that robs the "revelation" of any emotional impact. And it was only because I knew the story that I made sense of that scene - the cutscenes and FMVs of nearly all TRs leave too many loose ends for my liking, and (especially in TR4, excluding the final FMV in that game) most often leave no space for emotional impacts.

GeckoKid
13th Dec 2006, 00:22
I'm pretty sure Lara's tire was shot, that's why she lost control of the jeep for a short time; plus, the gun was pointed forward, not backward.

No, lara turned off her headlights, let the enemy jeep get past, and sneaked up behind them, shot the enemy jeep tire with the shotgun, she overtakes them, and shot the driver in the face. the enemy jeep crashes and explodes, then lara turns the light back on again. i'm pretty sure about that.

Terminatorvs
13th Dec 2006, 16:31
No, lara turned off her headlights, let the enemy jeep get past, and sneaked up behind them, shot the enemy jeep tire with the shotgun, she overtakes them, and shot the driver in the face. the enemy jeep crashes and explodes, then lara turns the light back on again. i'm pretty sure about that.

Damn! You're right! That's the way it went! Never realized that until now, when you explained.

One more thing: The soldier throws the radio detonator body to Lara - something might break there. (TR4)
And another one: Both soldiers salute the admiral with their left hands. (TR5)
And again: Vladimir Kaleta - a 700-year old scourge from the "spooky" island wore a 18th or 19th century uniform. Where did he get it if he was trapped for all that time? (TR5)

shirl123
15th Dec 2006, 11:08
Actually, none of the guns spitted out shells in the first two TRs.

yep. the Uzis are an extreme example of it.

(TR2) Don't be so literal. Lara doesn't exit the Great Wall - she enters another, strange world INSIDE it. That's what's breathtaking, really; the Dagger has its own little world. I always thought that was really cool, and the Floating Island is, as such, possibly my favourite Tomb Raider 2 level next to the Opera House and the Dragon's Lair.

(TR3)
I would assume that the quad bike belonged to Tony, the blonde nut in India. So, Lara simply steals/borrows his quadbike. It looks like he rode it down to the river, realised (or thought) he couldn't get farther on it and so fashioned himself a raft (how is a mystery, but hey, almost everything in Tomb Raider is).

(TR2) I think you just missed MY theory there ;) but it's theories vs. facts, and these questions left un-answerd. we don't *really* know what happend there. so, ignoring our theories for a moment - it looks very weird!

(TR3) now this seems logical to me (and yes, the raft IS a mystery). but yet, we didn't see it in the previous cut-scene...and it would be pretty stupid of him to leave it there just like that, right? unless he wanted to be found...[sings] dum dum dum dummmmmmm!!! :scratch:

Terminatorvs
15th Dec 2006, 13:58
As you might have guessed, I'm recompleting the classics. That's why some stuff in the end comes in the chronological order.
Here: A terminator chokes and then dies of poisonous gas in the VCI. (TR5)

ditom
19th Dec 2006, 20:18
THIS IS GAME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad2:

Deadly47
19th Dec 2006, 21:38
Bull utter bull. Lara has almost been robied before. Rember tombradier 2 at the end. They come to rob and they find her and try to kill her. Also it is possible to do hand springs like that my freind does that some times. Also ive seen pepoel jump from roof to roof that are 10 feet apart. Its not that unrealsitc.

GeckoKid
20th Dec 2006, 03:31
she was wanted for a murder she didn't commit while got away in the massive bodycount in say, TR2. (AOD)

how can she see where's she's going underwater? i don't know about you, but without googles, I can't see far underwater. I'm sure those water in london sewers and in 40 fathoms in the sea are very cloudy too. (all TRs)

how did it snow inside the caves, if it was just opened? (TR1's first level)

lara always seem to recover from in the head hits and faints with no consequences (TR2, 3, 4, 5)

how can a helicopter surround a building blowing it up go unnoticed in the middle of new york city? (TR5)

you see skeletons scattered around the place, but the traps seem to be never touched, who put those boulders back, and breakable floors back to their original place by superglue? if the skeletons were found in like, lost valley, why are the keys and doors closed and in their pedestals in the levels before it? also, who keep the torches oiled? (general TR)

who shaped the landscape so nicely a snowmobile can play perfectly with? (TR2)

seems that places always are built having lara's moves in mind, especially TRL, this is the case with prince of persia too.

who on earth decided to leave lara alone and alive after she has wiped out the entire hideout of bartoli's? (TR2)

why is that whenever lara decides to look for something, someone else who has entirely nothing to do with her (in the beginning) goes looking for the same thing at the same time? couldn't they do it before her, or afterwards? (TR2, 3, 5 russia, 7)

people actually die when you fall off a very high bridge/platform etc into water, except lara who seems to be completely healthy.

how can the lifts move if there are so many parallel bars in the shaft? (TR5 VCI building)

in the VCI outfit, lara's backpack is squashed and there're no straps.

You can't really jump towards/roll into a window to break it. (TR2)

Pressing a button on the rig shouldn't have anything to do with a trapdoor (?) underneath a plane. (TR2)

Why don't the icicles fall on yetis? (TR2)

Why are the spikes so bloody (and red for that matter, if they are old blood it would turn dark brown!)? (TR1 and 2)

Where did the T-Rex come from in TR2 and 3? They seem to appear from thin air!

You can actually swim and walk and crawl THROUGH spikes when they are obviously impaling lara but appear to be perfectly healthy. (TR1,2,3,5)

Why don't just the monks open the main door for Lara? (TR2)

Lara never seems to care about her ears, she fires M16 and explosives without worrying about breaking her ear drums. so is the case with deep swimming.

Why doesn't Lara just blow up the door in the first level? It appeared to be made of wood. (TR2)

As above, despite her massive arsenal, doors are completely bulletproof. (all TRs)

Some kind of strange invisible coroners must have erased the dead enemies right in front of you. They even blink at you in AOD, how retro! (TR4-7)

Where did lara suddenly get that briefcase from? (TR3 antartica)

If the damned were immortals now, how did lara kill them? and what if lara used explosives, would their severe bits and pieces talk to her? (TR3)

Where did Lara suddenly get those sunglasses on and off from? especially after the Louvre, she got knocked out without them, when Brouchard woke her up, she was seen with sunglasses, did he put them on her? (AOD)

that's what i came up with so far.

SethKoopa
20th Dec 2006, 11:47
I agree about Lara's underwater escapades. I have tried, even forcefully, to dive (in real-life) with my eyes open, with no goggles, and I just can't. And yes, I am sure that the surroundings would be very foggy. In order to dive massive depths, you need goggles.

I find the very stupidest of Lara's decisions to be to dive after Bartoli's submarine in TR2, not just without goggles or flippers, but without a scubatank as well! No human can hold their breath for that long - it is not biologically possible. And at the cutscene's end, when 40 Fathoms begins, Lara's oxygen meter is at full!

seems that places always are built having lara's moves in mind, especially TRL

Exactly. That annoys me; but it seems to get that way with increased special moves. Tomb Raiders 1 and 2, which had the least special moves, were the most believably architectured.

in the VCI outfit, lara's backpack is squashed and there're no straps.

Where did the T-Rex come from in TR2 and 3? They seem to appear from thin air!

Where did lara suddenly get that briefcase from? (TR3 antartica)

If the damned were immortals now, how did lara kill them? and what if lara used explosives, would their severe bits and pieces talk to her? (TR3)

- I assume that that is not her famous backpack, but a more stealthy approach; part of the challenge of the VCI levels are the limited items you find (and that includes medipacks).

- Tomb Raider 3 I find to be a game that takes its aesthetic environment more seriously than its gaming environment. I like it; I suppose the T-Rex walked out of the 'aesthetic' environment and into the gaming environment. (If this doesn't make any sense to you, and I very much expect it, I had it coming.)

- That briefcase must have been a 'hidden' item, incorporated so that Lara could give Willard the artifacts. (It's a shame we haven't seen Lara's house since that game - I wanted to see the trophy room with those four artifacts.)

- And yes, last but not least. I can't believe I never thought about that! Ha ha, talk about writing yourself into a corner.:D That reminds me of the film "Death Becomes Her".

Terminatorvs
20th Dec 2006, 12:16
Yes, it's impossible to see clearly underwater with no googles. Here's the reason:
The eye's refraction coefficient is a specific number. When the light enters the eye it retracts and focuses onto the retina. The better the focus - the sharper our eyesight. But we see perfectly only if the ray of light enters the eye from the air. If it enters the eye from water, the retraction coefficient will be different, and the light will not focus on our retina - we can't see things clearly.

Deadly47
20th Dec 2006, 14:40
Well about the water thing ive heard about tact lens that let you swim and see perfectly. Also just cause its foggy dosnt mean you cant find your way. Rember we are playing it thorught third person. You never see it foggy when sam,rayman or any other video game chacter go underwater.

Also if you look in tombradier 1 first level. there are roofs in the celling ways for the light to get throught. At cold tempatures and huminity. It gets into the cave as snow.
If you notice the snow isnt every where and if you look youll find a place were light coes through :D.

P.s ive broken a window the same way. I didnt get a cut but my cloths did. :D. I was lucky second time i tried i did get injured not badly though.

Terminatorvs
20th Dec 2006, 16:38
I've just remembered one more thing:
In the Trajan market level (TR5) Lara opens the lid and goes down (after defeating The Head) right down the sewers, she even takes a swim. In the sewers! Who knows what deseases she should have acquired.

Deadly47
20th Dec 2006, 17:16
Omg its just a game. Ither way you wont die if you in a swewer. Just stink bad maybe a cold.

Headache
21st Dec 2006, 01:11
Omg its just a game. Ither way you wont die if you in a swewer. Just stink bad maybe a cold.
Why don't you experiment for us, eh?

:lol:

(I kid!)

Deadly47
21st Dec 2006, 02:42
My cousin has done it. :D It went swell.

Terminatorvs
21st Dec 2006, 12:00
My cousin has done the same - fell down into a stinky-river. :lol: And it smelled like s***.

Headache
21st Dec 2006, 17:21
Odd. Guess cousins have reputations for that, eh? :nut:

Deadly47
21st Dec 2006, 20:19
Gusse so it seems that way. Lol anyhow what was this top.....ahh yes irrealtsic. Statues dont come to life.

SethKoopa
22nd Dec 2006, 11:05
Statues dont come to life.

In the Tomb Raider world, that's an every day occurence. :D

Inn_Hevonn_Klann
26th Dec 2006, 18:33
I've saw in TR1 the animals died in the air:scratch: , the crocodiles heads crossed throught the wall :mad2:!! We can cross throught the dead animals!!!!:nut: :scratch:

StarChampagne
26th Dec 2006, 22:38
I've saw in TR1 the animals died in the air:scratch: , the crocodiles heads crossed throught the wall :mad2:!! We can cross throught the dead animals!!!!:nut: :scratch:

Speaking of which, when thugs in TR2 died on a slope they would be floating, and they often hung over edges of ledges without unbalancing. Although that would probably be the limitations of the engine and not something easily fixed...?

As for irrealistic stuff... Aod had chocolate bars in the weirdest of places...

And there were those seemingly holographic rocks in Legend, where Lara just walked straight through.

This isn't necessarily unrealistic, but in the TR games Lara pulls a lever and a door springs open with no signs of visible mechanisms (Legend was the exception I think). Maybe they were just hidden in the walls... Although what would Lara have done if a door was broken? The series would have come to a pretty abrupt halt :p

raiderxfan
29th Dec 2006, 17:04
Hahaha..this just popped in my mind. Does Lara ever get tired of playing in the game? lmao. :lol:

Naga
30th Dec 2006, 04:36
Lara has a 50000 (fifty thousand) volt pistol. (TR6)
Its called a Taser, and they can run higher than 50,000V as well.

Lara travels all around the world and never leaves her guns behind - what about border controls? (TR 1-7).
Millions of firearms are transported between countries illegally all the time, and that’s in huge crates. Getting two pistols and a shotgun into a country would not be a problem, especially if you have your own plane/transportation. Its quite easy to get legal firearms in countries as well (especially 3rd-world), probably why she only takes her USPs most places.

About M-16: it can't go fully automatic - short bursts only. (TR2)
Wrong. The M16A2 and M16A4 have the 3-round burst function. The M16E1, M16A1 (most common on the black market) and M16A3 have fully automatic capabilities. Also the Carbine versions of the M16 are full automatic as well (except for the XM177E1).

Terminatorvs
30th Dec 2006, 07:44
Nice points, Naga. Are you a weapon specialist? Anti-terrorist, perhaps?

florin
30th Dec 2006, 08:26
Riding a bike and shooting at the same time is practically impossible. (TR 7).

I know a guy who can ride a Suzuki GSXR 1000, stand up (no hands, just steering the bike with his knees hugging the gas tank), turn back while standing up (twist his body) then shoot pictures.
I can probably find a picture with him doing that.
He can also stand up on the foot pegs, raise his arms like he's flying and ride the motorcycle downhill while taking turns, no hands. Again, I can probably provide pictures if need be.

But this is a guy who's been riding for like 20 years, can pop a wheelie any time, does track days with the A group, etc.
I did a few week-end rides with him up in the hills and what can I say, he's amazing.

So, yeah, probably shooting while riding the way Lara does it is not realistic. But the limits of human abilities are sometimes surprising.

florin
30th Dec 2006, 08:54
I noticed in the beginning sutscene of Bolivia in Legend and in the game... She does handstands to get up onto ledges..... Her arms would have to be...... Huge to do that.

It depends. Just to support your body, without doing "vertical pushups", you don't need much strength. In fact, anyone who's not suffering from some kind of illness or old age can do it. Go ahead and try. ;)

But to raise the body from the ground all the way until the arms are straight, that's another matter indeed. That's like a standing overhead press with two dumbbells weighing 50% of your body weight each. That would require massive triceps and deltoids (shoulders).

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.php?Name=Standing+Palms-In+Dumbbell+Press

I don't know what's the world record for that, but I know that the women's world record at the bench press is 551 lb (250 kg), so the overhead press cannot be too far behind.
But then again, the chick who has the record looks like this:

http://www.beccaswanson.com/

So yeah, Lara's arms and shoulders should look different if she was able to overhead press her own body weight. (*)

My bigger gripe is that she's climbing like a pro yet she has pretty much no biceps. Climbing is like doing a lot of pull-ups, and that develops the biceps and the lats like crazy. So she should have a wide, V-shaped back and pretty prominent biceps.

(*) - Damn, I'm a healthy male in my 30s, 190lb (85kg) at 10% body fat (meaning: almost no fat at all), I'm training with weights 3 times a week and I can't overhead press my body weight. :mad2:

Naga
30th Dec 2006, 12:41
Nice points, Naga. Are you a weapon specialist? Anti-terrorist, perhaps?

haha

I’m no anti-terrorist specialist, just an average Air Force Airman, so I do deal with weapons frequently.

Terminatorvs
1st Jan 2007, 13:33
Welcome to our humble forums, florin.
You're absolutely right - Lara should look different if she's so strong. And, perhaps, she should weigh more if she's so strong - her weight is only about 57 kilos.
Hm, you could be right about the bike bit too.