PDA

View Full Version : What is Tomb Raider Anniversary?

shaq
1st Dec 2006, 11:58
Does somebody is able to explain shortly and clear to me ;) what is Tomb Raider Anniversary?

Treeble
1st Dec 2006, 14:08
A special game to celebrate 10 years of Lara Croft and Tomb Raider. It's a relecture of the original game, and will be available on the first quarter (I'd bet February 14th) 2007 on PC, PS2 and PSP. Hopefully they might change their mind later on and port it to Gamecube/Wii and Xbox/360, so virtually everyone will have the chance to play it. :)

shaq
1st Dec 2006, 14:53
A special game to celebrate 10 years of Lara Croft and Tomb Raider. It's a relecture of the original game, and will be available on the first quarter (I'd bet February 14th) 2007 on PC, PS2 and PSP. Hopefully they might change their mind later on and port it to Gamecube/Wii and Xbox/360, so virtually everyone will have the chance to play it. :)

Thanks.

streetracerx
22nd Dec 2006, 14:56
it the new game

Dogfight
23rd Dec 2006, 05:16
Tomb Raider Anniversary is a remake of Tomb Raider 1 by Crystal Dynamics. The creator of Lara Croft and the principal creator of Tomb Raider, Toby Gard was consulted for the creation of this remake.

Toby Gard created Lara Croft and Tomb Raider along with the other people of Core Design but he had several disagreements with the rest of the Core Design group. At first these disagreements seemed to just be creative differences but over time it was revealed that there was justification for these disagreements.

After Tomb Raider 1 Toby Gard left Core Design and then Core Design started doing whatever they wanted with Tomb Raider with little to no innovation. Following Tomb Raider 2 Core Design created one bad sequel after another with each sequel being worse than the one before it. Things then spiraled out of control until Core Design effectively buried Lara Croft and the Tomb Raider series.

The video game publisher Eidos Interactive got so fed up that they fired Core Design from their own video game series because they had ruined a perfectly good concept. So Eidos Interactive gave Crystal Dynamics the job to fix Tomb Raider and boy did they ever.

Toby Gard even came came back and served as a consultant for the new team and I can tell unlike Core Design Crystal Dynamics listened to him. They brought Lara Croft back from the grave with Tomb Raider: Legend and the game sold very well with over 2.6 million units sold in five weeks.

Many fans now even consider Tomb Raider: Legend the best game in the series. I know I do, although the veteran players of the series may have some gripes, Tomb Raider: Legend has the best story, the best environments, the best bosses, the best graphics and the best heart of all the Tomb Raider games. It is the new standard for Tomb Raider, the hardcore veteran players of the series may not like it but every other gamer is happy.

Crystal Dynamics brought Lara Croft back from the dead with Tomb Raider Legend considered by most video gamers to be the best Tomb Raider video game of all time. Now Crystal Dynamics is taking the very first video game of Tomb Raider originally conceived of by Core Design reinvigorating it, fixing the problems the original had and remaking it as Tomb Raider Anniversary to become the core of the Tomb Raider series under Crystal Dynamics’ direction.

_Laurence_
23rd Dec 2006, 16:12
Plenty of colourful opinions in there Dogfight....just a reminder that Core Design as far as I'm aware were responsible for Eidos's largest grossing series until it was handed over to Crystal Dynamics, who for the record I also think are very talented :)

RuumTaedor
23rd Dec 2006, 17:04
Plenty of colourful opinions in there Dogfight....just a reminder that Core Design as far as I'm aware were responsible for Eidos's largest grossing series until it was handed over to Crystal Dynamics, who for the record I also think are very talented :)
I was thinking the same thing. Just a slight slant in Dogfight's opinions. ;)

Inn_Hevonn_Klann
26th Dec 2006, 13:05
It's to celebrate the tomb raider 10 years!!

Legend_of_Lara
26th Dec 2006, 15:32
this game will be great!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Inn_Hevonn_Klann
26th Dec 2006, 15:52
"Sometimes to understand your present, you've to go to your past. But this time it will be different!!"