PDA

View Full Version : Gun Posture

Dragu Slave
29th Nov 2006, 16:53
Bring back the old gun posture. Don't make Lara point all the time. Lose the crosshair. We're not dumb. We know what/who we're aiming at.

Let her hold the guns like this or perhaps a bit more realistic position:
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a309/justgrec/gun.jpg

In Legend when drawing guns Lara looked like a smurf running:
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a309/justgrec/Smurfs_Animation_Cel_Smurfette_Runn.jpg

When drawing your guns, don't make Lara face away from the camera. Let us have control over her.
EDIT: How about instead of making Lara turn away from the camera, you put the camera behind her at all times.

Zelda Master
29th Nov 2006, 17:06
i really hate the legend pistol holding animation

Estherkim102
2nd Dec 2006, 07:35
well i do like the legend gun posture but its really hard to control her :mad2:

Dragu Slave
2nd Dec 2006, 11:54
That's because of the stupid gun posture, she always faces away from the camera.

What was wrong with the old posture, she held her guns like she did in Legend in The prophecy, a GBA game.

Fix it. It's just stupid to aim constantly, whoever came up with it, is a moron.

Headache
2nd Dec 2006, 21:21
Fix it. It's just stupid to aim constantly, whoever came up with it, is a moron.
There's no pleasing anyone, is there?
Always something that's 'wrong'.
:rasp:

LaraGirl216
3rd Dec 2006, 14:23

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_mil
3rd Dec 2006, 23:29
hmmm, i think i'll have to agree with you on this one. There where to many shifts away from what people really kinda took note of from the original tomb raider series, but then all of a sudden, they shifted. And how's about perhaps a proper looking option, sure on PS the left toggle stick was good, but perhaps a rickershay back rather then an idolised camera that you have to control, people need to see what lara sees!

:whistle:

Dragu Slave
8th Dec 2006, 12:30

It's probably what I didn't like most about Legend. I really hope they bring the old posture back, or perhaps like in Resident Evil.

Lara would run normally with her guns drawn (No gun posture) and she auto aims at the first enemy she sees.

I'm not the only one who thinks so apparently. I was really disappointed with the constant aiming. I would expect it in a GBA game like Tomb Raider The Prophecy, but from a PS2 game...No way.

CatSuit&Ponytail
9th Dec 2006, 08:40
I liked the way Lara would run with her guns drawn, but not aiming. It was better, more realistic, and less annoying. :) Heck, in the situations she gets herself into, I'd be running around with my guns out, I'd be crouching with my guns out, I'd be creeping, crawling on my belly with my guns out, and probably wishing I could carry more than three weapons, like I could before. That was perfect for me. :thumbsup:

Headache
9th Dec 2006, 23:58
It's probably what I didn't like most about Legend. I really hope they bring the old posture back, or perhaps like in Resident Evil.

Lara would run normally with her guns drawn (No gun posture) and she auto aims at the first enemy she sees.

I'm not the only one who thinks so apparently. I was really disappointed with the constant aiming. I would expect it in a GBA game like Tomb Raider The Prophecy, but from a PS2 game...No way.
I respect your opinion, it's just that when you said
Fix it. It's just stupid to aim constantly, whoever came up with it, is a moron. I thought it was a bit harsh and uncalled for so I was slightly annoyed. I mean if you didn't say that, I wouldn't have complained. But anyway... Im OT.

Terminatorvs
10th Dec 2006, 07:41
There are just people who like creating zillion threads about specific things they didn't like in Legend. Even though it would be easier to flush all the stuff in one single place.

Dragu Slave
10th Dec 2006, 10:24
If you don't like the topic just don't post. Mod wannabes are not appreciated. It's not like it's your forum.****

StarChampagne
10th Dec 2006, 15:31
The arms held out did look a little silly, now you come to mention it... Original pose looks so much better to me.

Terminatorvs
10th Dec 2006, 18:39
Man, if you don't like Lara pointing her guns all the time, you should ban ALL FPS games, because since the first FPS was invented, every single FPS character pointed the gun forward to shoot anything that jumps out of the corner.

Dragu Slave
10th Dec 2006, 20:35
Man, if you don't like Lara pointing her guns all the time, you should ban ALL FPS games, because since the first FPS was invented, every single FPS character pointed the gun forward to shoot anything that jumps out of the corner.I'm not a fan of FPS, but we're not talking about FPS, are we?

This is TR. No FPS gun posture pls.

Terminatorvs
11th Dec 2006, 18:41
Have you ever wondered, why S. W. A. T. teams always point the gund forward? - To shoot the enemy as soon as possible without having to raise the gun. So, why shouldn't Lara do the same?

Dragu Slave
11th Dec 2006, 21:02
Cause it looks lame and ain't her style.

Headache
11th Dec 2006, 23:42
Have you ever wondered, why S. W. A. T. teams always point the gund forward? - To shoot the enemy as soon as possible without having to raise the gun.
That's not exactly the complete reason. They don't want to shoot ASAP, unless the criminal doesn't comply and attacks, and even then they don't try to kill them. Just a shot in the leg to give second thoughts.

Treeble
12th Dec 2006, 00:02
Well, at any rate, I couldn't care less and I'd rather want them to "fix" length, yet keeping time trials. Plus, even if they did Lara with guns raised, we just know it wouldn't feel the same as the old style - it'd have to be slow and clumsy to be like the originals. Then we'd keep nagging them to fix that for TR8.

Sophia Leigh
12th Dec 2006, 01:50
I liked the way Lara would run with her guns drawn, but not aiming. It was better, more realistic, and less annoying. :) Heck, in the situations she gets herself into, I'd be running around with my guns out, I'd be crouching with my guns out, I'd be creeping, crawling on my belly with my guns out, and probably wishing I could carry more than three weapons, like I could before. That was perfect for me. :thumbsup:

I completely agree, when I'm playing the earlier games, I play the majority of the game with my pistols in hand, you never know whats going to be around the next corner or jump out of no where at you ;)

Deadly47
12th Dec 2006, 05:01
:) Omg how do you pepole complain. I have every single game plus the gold endtiosn pulse tombraider 3 lost artifact exstion. I have never had problems with the guns. I think its done well, for that kind of game. Please edios dont change the gun shooting.

Dragu Slave
12th Dec 2006, 08:40
:) Omg how do you pepole complain. I have every single game plus the gold endtiosn pulse tombraider 3 lost artifact exstion. I have never had problems with the guns. I think its done well, for that kind of game. Please edios dont change the gun shooting.

We're talking about the Legend gun posture. The lame constant aiming. We're complaining because we want the old posture back.

Terminatorvs
12th Dec 2006, 16:27
We're talking about the Legend gun posture. The lame constant aiming. We're complaining because we want the old posture back.
The only person who DOES complain and calls constant aiming stupid is you. Don't say we unless 100% of forumers agree with you. (Especially if I don't agree with your opinion).

LVTR
12th Dec 2006, 17:55
Bring back the old gun posture.

Agree!!

Dragu Slave
12th Dec 2006, 19:37
Agree!!

The only person who DOES complain and calls constant aiming stupid is you. Don't say we unless 100% of forumers agree with you. (Especially if I don't agree with your opinion).

There you have. Actually the only one NOT agreeing is you.

Deadly47
13th Dec 2006, 22:15
Wait legends whats wrogn with legends posutre. Angle of Darkness i can understand but legends. I found the pousture nice:D

Headache
13th Dec 2006, 22:29
Wait legends whats wrogn with legends posutre. Angle of Darkness i can understand but legends. I found the pousture nice:D
AOD had a lot of things wrong with it.

Terminatorvs
14th Dec 2006, 12:50
There you have. Actually the only one NOT agreeing is you.

Fine. I'll admit it. Let's have it your way then. Everyone here except me agrees that Legend's pose sucked, it lookked stupid, etc. etc. Still, you should have written either "Most of the forumers on this thread think..." or "All but one forumer on this thread admit..."
It's just that I don't like when someone alone says "WE".