PDA

View Full Version : What will be your favourite ship?

a dutch alphawolf
27th Nov 2006, 15:48
just curious :scratch:

chip5541
27th Nov 2006, 17:10
PT boats. fast, deadly, fragile :D

princecaspian4
27th Nov 2006, 22:36
subs, sneak in while the enemy is busy with the surface fleet and take them out, and if you randomly attack them just out of nowhere and them slip way you can make them nervous, always wondering if you are going to attack, and you could do some pretty good damage to them, weakening their fleet before they even reach the battle.

Dutch Jester
27th Nov 2006, 23:14
DANGET!!! I just want what ever has like tons of AA so i can get tons of kills from planes and protect the subs which are vital to success, in my opinion. So which has the most AA im new at this:D?

Dutch Jester
27th Nov 2006, 23:21
Never mind i foubnd it but it says that it is an Anti-Aircraft crusier which there are none in this so i guess i like the carriers & cruisers.

Beastttt
28th Nov 2006, 00:24
Japanese Takao class heavy cruiser
fast 35 kts
10x8" in 5 turrets
4 banks of 4 24" long lance torpedoes

Dutch Jester
28th Nov 2006, 02:30
NOOO!! i need to withdraw my vote i just now realized all you do in carriers is launch planes. eeek.

chip5541
28th Nov 2006, 04:43
Japanese Takao class heavy cruiser
fast 35 kts
10x8" in 5 turrets
4 banks of 4 24" long lance torpedoes

Did you read the link I posted in another thread on a battle with these guys??

timetraveller
28th Nov 2006, 15:43
Heavy cruiser for me. Nothing like a heavy cruiser slugfest!

TT

timetraveller
28th Nov 2006, 15:44
PT boats. fast, deadly, fragile :D

Make that "fast, deadly, fragile, and EXPOSED!"

hehe You better run at night, Chip!

TT

Dutch Jester
28th Nov 2006, 23:36
okay wait just so i know does anyone know which ship in this game will have the greatest Anti-Aircraft weaponry?

Beastttt
29th Nov 2006, 00:07
for the Allies I would say the Atlanta/Oakland class Cl
with 6 or 8 twin 5" turrets(the oakland is an atlanta with 2 extra turrets amidshps 1 starboard 1 larboard and yes I used the very old turm for port about 300 yrs old) 16 1.1" aa 4x4 16 40mm 8x2

the KGV class has 4x5.25" twin turrets per side and 32 40mm cannons

Japanese have the Akitsuki class DD that have 4 twin turrets with 3.9" DP guns and 4 25 mm aa guns

the pre refit Yamato has 12 5" guns 6x2 DP 24 25mm aa 4 13.2mm aa
I used the per refit since that is the 1 pictured in the vids
the refitted Yamato loses the 2 wing 6" triples but gets a total of 32 5"guns 16x2 and 113 25mm guns in 1944 july

these are the best AA ships I have seen sofar

okay wait just so i know does anyone know which ship in this game will have the greatest Anti-Aircraft weaponry?

princecaspian4
29th Nov 2006, 00:08
well you could say that a carrier has the best because it has fighter aircraft, and the advantage of that is that they can move and split up their forces so you can quickly move your AA cover where ever it is needed, and it can be in multiple places at once, so you could say that a carrier provides the best AA cover

Dutch Jester
29th Nov 2006, 01:44
okay sweet, thanks you guys, i think i will want to use KGV class in my fleet and i also want to try out the carriers, because they are so big and have planes.

Also why does no one vote for battleships:( , they have fellings too:p !!

princecaspian4
29th Nov 2006, 01:53
Also why does no one vote for battleships:( , they have fellings too:p !!

battleships get enough attention, it's the smaller ships that constantly get ignored;)

Dutch Jester
29th Nov 2006, 01:55
OK i guess the battleships dont need any votes.

Lthawk77
29th Nov 2006, 02:25
Battleships and Heavy Cruisers. Iam not much for using CV's but i might get one just to try it.

Dutch Jester
29th Nov 2006, 05:06
ya me too i dont no how good they will be but im gonna try it.

OperationPhoenix
30th Nov 2006, 05:05
I will have to play the game before I decide what ship I like the best.

a dutch alphawolf
30th Nov 2006, 15:18
light cruisers, quick for a cruiser but much firepower.

Dutch Jester
30th Nov 2006, 23:24
ya go Keir, now i know i didn't make a mistake by voting for carriers

Rayze
2nd Dec 2006, 20:26
heavy crusier if stays close to history, they are well armed well armoured and pritty fast all round ships :P

Neroman
6th Dec 2006, 23:12
The game looks awesome. I play a game of this genre on my PC (fear my iowa!).
CV (aircraft carrier) warefare is gonna be awesome.

I wish they put in the Kita-Kami instead of the Kuma. The kita had 10 torp launchers compaired to the kuma's 6.

Neroman
7th Dec 2006, 03:30
mmm kita

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/neroman/IJN_shiptree2.jpg

Iron Sound
7th Dec 2006, 04:27
The game looks awesome. I play a game of this genre on my PC (fear my iowa!).
CV (aircraft carrier) warefare is gonna be awesome.

I wish they put in the Kita-Kami instead of the Kuma. The kita had 10 torp launchers compaired to the kuma's 6.

hey Neroman, I think you are on the Arizona server, I'm on Missouri, going by the alias of "majormajor".

To those who are none-the-wiser, neroman got his pic from a shiptree in a game called Navyfield, I've been playing it on and off since late 2004. This is the game I am talking of above ^^
I made another thread about Battlestations and Navyfield, go check it out ;)

As for the poll, BB for me. I was a bit worried when I saw the earlier game play videos, control looked tacky, luminescent lines obscured and cheese-ified the player's view, comically-coloured shell tracers, generally there seemed to be no real "feel" to aiming firing the huge turrets.

it looks much sharper and down to business now, in the new videos.

Streamline that interface, yes! No 80's ski-outfit colour schemes, yes! Make the big ships turn like a whale and thump out those mammoth shells in screen-shaking brutality! Yes! BB for me!

Neroman
7th Dec 2006, 12:46
Nah. I'm mostly on Missouri, I do have a Z99 crew on Arizona.

I started in January of 06. Almost to my first anniversary! BRING ON HE FREE 1 MILL CREDITS! :) (i wish -.-) I think i might have seen you in game... Havent been on recently due to comp problems.... (parents grr :mad2: )

Iron Sound
7th Dec 2006, 19:00
oops, thought I recognised you a bit too easily :)

yeah my premium account ran out a couple weeks ago and I'm away for christmas which sucks, because that is when the boom week is, right!? :mad:

I started playing back in late 2004, and made it to within a few levels of Queen Elizabeth, with a gold crew, I also had a decent Attacker crew too, and a little kuma-kai line on the side as a joke. I think it was the Bismark server I was originally on.
There was a Yamato server too, for a while.

I quit in protest when it was announced that you would have to "pay to play".

I sacked all my crew, sold all my ships, then donated all my creds and points to a few lucky individuals.

Then, this year I decided to see if the game was still alive, and gave it another go.
My intention was to start a CV line and get a nice flat top as soon as possible, so IJN I went :D

I now have a lvl 60+ kita crew (not too far from Fuso, BO-wise), an early 50 mogami crew (which will go the Junyo line), a hosho and 6 pilots (3 fighters, 2 dive bombers, 1 torp bomber).
I've also re-started my Brit line, going Revenge route again, and this time with uber crew and support (as opposed to my 8/9 gunners I had first time around :( )

Cya around

Neroman
7th Dec 2006, 22:00
lol. I had a Jap cv line but ended it need the $$ was almost to the 60s.. My Hosho kicked arse. several 80k attack rounds in it >:)

I didn't get any credits grrr :)

CptJohnson
8th Dec 2006, 00:36
Bla Bla Bla I would pwn you in my Lion Nero, BB's all the way sure would hate to go madd on ya this looks to be the begining and the end for NF,if it's as good as it looks the prem account for id10t will not be paid again and dont ask I wonk give any of my crew away there!!!!

Iron Sound
8th Dec 2006, 11:03
Bla Bla Bla I would pwn you in my Lion Nero, BB's all the way sure would hate to go madd on ya this looks to be the begining and the end for NF,if it's as good as it looks the prem account for id10t will not be paid again and dont ask I wonk give any of my crew away there!!!!

It was the beginning of the end over a year ago for me with Navyfield, so I know what you mean ;)

I was dragged back to Navyfield simply because there are not many games like it... the sooner Battlestations come the less likely I am ever to return to NF.

Did any of you play Pacific Storm?

I can't believe there is scant mention of it on this forum, it's a very similar game to Battlestations but with more emphasis on the resource and strategy map aspects of RTS.

Neroman
8th Dec 2006, 13:17
i tired to get Pacific storm to work on my comp. but it kept messing up.
You wish Id10t you wish. If i actually tried to get my iowa and didnt start the jap crew, km crew , uk crew and helping other people, yes i'd prbably be monty by now -.-

cripplezsbp90
10th Dec 2006, 15:30
:scratch: hm.........A battleship, the worst thing you'd like to meet on a monday morning.....or any morning for that matter!

chip5541
11th Dec 2006, 10:39
Did any of you play Pacific Storm?

I can't believe there is scant mention of it on this forum, it's a very similar game to Battlestations but with more emphasis on the resource and strategy map aspects of RTS.

I beta tested the game :D I really like the game. I even made a gameplay movie which I wish it came out better than it did. :(

Anyway... So I am the only one to pick a PT boat :nut:

MadduckUK
11th Dec 2006, 18:48
HMS Repulse.... Obviously

Cpt.sharp
11th Dec 2006, 19:39
Any ship with HMS in the name will do me fine.

In the single player I can’t see there being much battleships

On the 6th of December there was 10 Allied battleships and 10 Japanese battleships in the pacific. On the 11 of December there were 10 Japanese Battleships and 0 allies battleships.

Vicious 21
11th Dec 2006, 21:09
I will use aircraft carriers because there is a good reason they replaced battleships after WWII. I wonder how they balanced the two in this game?

Neroman
11th Dec 2006, 21:11
Not all of the US BBs were sunk. Only the Arizona and i think one capsized which they were able to salvage i believe.

Vicious 21
11th Dec 2006, 21:29
The reason that so few American battle ships were lost in large part had to do with the fact that the US had the most aircraft carriers to begin with. Look at what happen to the Yamato, Musashi, Bismarck, and Tirpitz. All of them were sunk by aircraft though the planes weren’t all necessarily launched by carriers

princecaspian4
11th Dec 2006, 21:45
Not all of the US BBs were sunk. Only the Arizona and i think one capsized which they were able to salvage i believe.

ya, i think you are right, all but the Arizona and one other were brought up off the bottom

MadduckUK
11th Dec 2006, 22:06
Of eight American battleships in the harbor, the attack resulted in 1 destroyed, 2 sunk at their moorings, 1 capsized, 1 beached and 3 damaged but afloat. With the exception of the Arizona (destroyed), and the Utah (sunk, and intentionally not salvaged, as she had been retired and converted into a floating target), all the others were refloated or righted and 6 (Nevada, West Virginia, Tennessee, Maryland, California and Pennsylvania) were repaired and returned to service. While the Oklahoma, which had capsized, was righted, she was never repaired. Additionally, the attack severely damaged 9 other warships, destroyed 188 aircraft, and killed 2,403 Americans: 2,335 servicemen and 68 civilians.

Just Cause
14th Dec 2006, 05:10
I cant wait to use the Akagi class carrier....nothing like having an air division to do you bididng while you dodge torpedoes...

princecaspian4
14th Dec 2006, 05:20
I cant wait to use the Akagi class carrier....nothing like having an air division to do you bididng while you dodge torpedoes...

that's the advantage of carriers, the main disadvantage is that the enemy knows how powerful a carrier is and they will sink it as soon a possible, that's why subs are good, they have the power to do lots of damage, but they are hard to find, and everyone on the other team will be looking for the carriers and battleships, meanwhile the sub sneaks in and attacks… and then, before the enemy knows what happened and can strike back, the sub dives, slipping away safely, the sub hides for a while in the deep, and then strikes again.

chip5541
14th Dec 2006, 05:30
oh man, this is going to be soo much fun :D

princecaspian4
14th Dec 2006, 21:36
oh man, this is going to be soo much fun :D

ya, it is:D

Alpha Wolfgang
15th Dec 2006, 01:26
yeah, i love aircraft, so im goin CV... i just wish they werent such a target for subs, LOL. i wish they were looked at like people look at the patrol boat... then i can have my ways without interferance... id love to see an all out CV war... nothin but CV's and planes dukin it out... fun fun fun

princecaspian4
15th Dec 2006, 02:58
... i just wish they werent such a target for subs, LOL. i wish they were looked at like people look at the patrol boat... then i can have my ways without interferance...

unfortunately, you can't have something with that much power and have it not be a huge target

Alpha Wolfgang
15th Dec 2006, 03:36
thats exactly why i said that.

and besides, 12 planes might not be much a threat... they can be, but good gunners will ruin the fun... and mass aerial battles are going to be quick and make battles planeless...

princecaspian4
15th Dec 2006, 05:30
and besides, 12 planes might not be much a threat... they can be, but good gunners will ruin the fun... and mass aerial battles are going to be quick and make battles planeless...

it's not only 12 planes, you can have 12 in the air at one time from a carrier and as those are shot down you can replace them with whatever planes are in your hanger

Nemo_54
15th Dec 2006, 05:38
Hey all, new poster, but I've been following Battlestations since spring 2002, I just found this site not two months ago.

Needless to say I can't hardly wait to see this game released....FINALLY!

Anyway, with regards to ships, it's got to be CA's all the way. More so for the IJN. 10 x 8" guns, and 16 x 24" torpedo tubes, not to mention they have the Tone Class. :D

Tzmir
16th Dec 2006, 12:28
Me? im going for destroyer fletcher class. I love hunting subs and throw a few deapth charges on them.

I just hope this game has a lot of ships to choose from

princecaspian4
16th Dec 2006, 16:56
it does have a lot, look at the war machines (http://www.battlestations.net/war-machines/) section on the main page

Alpha Wolfgang
17th Dec 2006, 21:41
the thing i love, is that many people already have their role in mind, and every role is so far fulfilled...

peeps wanna fly, be subs, be patrol boats, battleships, hunt subs and all the rest, this game will be soooooo fun!

chip5541
18th Dec 2006, 06:29
Looks like I will be the only PTboat in the game. :nut:

Tzmir
18th Dec 2006, 09:26
1 thing that concerns me is how fast you will die

If im a destroyer, one of the smaller ships, will i die from 3-4 hits?

If so how accurate is shells, do they hit EXACYLY where you aim? or is there randomness involved here.(i hope)

From what i see in videos, ships gun turrets turn around extremly fast, dont like that so much.

Do you guys know the naval game "Enigma: Rising Tide" ? also a game where you can control ships and subs (no air tho, but you will encounter planes to shoot down)

In someway i hope this game turns out like that just bigger & better

Anyway i look forward to demo to check out for myself.

generalsilverstone
18th Dec 2006, 14:45
Hi all

i think heavy cruisers will be the best ship in the game because you have enough firepower to make them deadly and enough speed to make them fun to play and not a slow sluggish ship.:)

Dutch Jester
18th Dec 2006, 23:15
what do patrol boats do besides patrol?

Alpha Wolfgang
18th Dec 2006, 23:27
fire small shells, light anti air, and TORPEDOES...

the turrets do need to turn much slower!

princecaspian4
19th Dec 2006, 00:19
what do patrol boats do besides patrol?

they can fire torpedoes (probably their most useful and damaging attack), but their main job is to patrol, hence the name patrol boat, if they do attack, they would be pretty easy to kill, so they should find the enemy, run, let the other ships fight, then you can go in and attack once their large ships are preoccupied with fighting your large ships and they won’t pay much attention to you

chip5541
19th Dec 2006, 00:24
They were good at hit and run hiding in the inlets and narrow channals.

Dutch Jester
19th Dec 2006, 01:54
yay hit and run the two easiest things in the world SO SIMPLE!!!

Alpha Wolfgang
19th Dec 2006, 01:59
i hope theres some good canals and channels to go hide in! PT's (patrol torpedo... which is official name i think) need a place to hide from big ships, so they can have funny pt on pt action!

chip5541
19th Dec 2006, 04:52
yay hit and run the two easiest things in the world SO SIMPLE!!!

Thats how I got through middle and high school :rasp:

Dutch Jester
19th Dec 2006, 05:54
good idea ill start next year when i get into high school.

Dutch Jester
19th Dec 2006, 05:57
wait can i cast my vote in patrol boat, hit and run is simple and effective, and chip seems to think so too, and i trust chip

Alpha Wolfgang
19th Dec 2006, 23:19
...how ya gonna hit and run when im chasin ya in my p40? good luck! well.... you can run, but ya cant hide... err, ya can probably hide too, but ill eventually get ya! :rasp:

princecaspian4
19th Dec 2006, 23:55
ya, you can run, but you will only die tired

TheMetalStorm
20th Dec 2006, 00:14
Haha, I'll just shoot Alpha down with my Zero.

Dutch Jester
20th Dec 2006, 02:26
...how ya gonna hit and run when im chasin ya in my p40? good luck! well.... you can run, but ya cant hide... err, ya can probably hide too, but ill eventually get ya! :rasp: im gonna hide by the big guns and then ur screwed

princecaspian4
20th Dec 2006, 04:21
im gonna hide by the big guns and then ur screwed

that would work

TheMetalStorm
20th Dec 2006, 12:12
I wouldn't bother trying to get a PT Boat with a big BB....I'd radio in for Bomber Or Torpedo Support...No sense being distracted by something like that when you could be taking out other ships...Or just AA Support.

imnotcanadian
21st Dec 2006, 03:21
Have fun trying to hit a pt boat with a torp or a bomb,hahaha....a strafing run would be much more effective,especially if you came in from two sides so it would be harder for the boat to engage your planes...but,hitting a pt boat with a bomb or a torp would be very satisfying.

Heavy and light cruisers all the way here.

TheMetalStorm
21st Dec 2006, 19:25
Indeed.

AVCG stone
26th Dec 2006, 06:39
Gimme Lady Yorktown and ill ruin ur fleets if she is moddeled proper u will get decent AA cover and then ur 2 bodyguards as well :)

as for game setup i recon u should be able to select ur group u can choose ie
carrier group would be a CV a CA a CL 3 DDs

Vangurd group be a BB a BC 2 CA 2CL a DD

defensive group a 2CA 2CL 3DD

invasion grp 3cl 4dd and 2 tranports

patrol group a CL 2DD 5 pt 1 sub

now i recon thats balenced as groups but i recon those fleets should be chooseable ie a team wants to make a massive cv group 4CV 4CA 4CL 12DD
they should be awsome to have a cv vs cv war
i hope they do that

Capt:.Cavan
26th Dec 2006, 13:17
honestly i would go for the Yamato class everytime, its powerful...and welll BIG LOL anyway, if i was going for this big peice of floating metal, i would need close aa suppost and fighters :)

I know ya'll would try to sink her :P

imnotcanadian
26th Dec 2006, 14:47
The bigger they are,the easier they are to hit...don't forget about that.

kwintone
26th Dec 2006, 15:05
i haven't seen any discussion regarding the recon planes...has anyone heard any info regarding these planes? i'm guessing you can hunt subs and check for enemy fleet status?

i love flying the grumman goose in MS Flight Sim X, would love to fly one in real life. seeing the PBY Catalina in the game makes me want to fly one in combat:D

***Sorry, a bit off topic

imnotcanadian
26th Dec 2006, 15:09
The recon planes can drop depth charges or torps if I understand right. Also,the Emily and Catalina are two tough mothers,so if you want to see what the enemy is sending at you that might be out of your line of sight...why not send a flying boat?

xgamerms999
28th Dec 2006, 03:07
DE, althogh I don't think there are any here, I guess I'll have to take DD.:mad2: if the DE got my grandfather to hell and back, it can do it here!:thumbsup:

Jagr
28th Dec 2006, 04:44
heavy cruiser, plenty of firepower with faster speed then battlship. plenty of AA

OperationPhoenix
28th Dec 2006, 08:27
#8 Garbage Scow :lol:

xgamerms999
29th Dec 2006, 07:25
The Yamamoto will be cool. It would be cool if they would add the Montana class and the super Yamamoto class, wich unfortionatly, were never produced.:(

princecaspian4
29th Dec 2006, 18:35
that would be good, but they don't even have the Iowa class, so they won't have the Montana

Capt:.Cavan
30th Dec 2006, 00:42
Hey guys i was just wondering,

(1)in BS:Midway even in single or multiplayer modes do any players (or me myself) get shipyards to build extra ships and will there be upgrades that you can build onto your eg destroyer to help find submarines.

I know you might have go over this but i couldnt find anything relevant to it and was just wondering from any experts out there :)

Oh yes, in multiplayer do we choose which ships we can launch and when?

princecaspian4
30th Dec 2006, 01:27
Hey guys i was just wondering,

(1)in BS:Midway even in single or multiplayer modes do any players (or me myself) get shipyards to build extra ships and will there be upgrades that you can build onto your eg destroyer to help find submarines.

i know that there are shipyards in multiplayer, but i don't know about singleplayer

andy3536
30th Dec 2006, 17:50
the best ship would have to be the king george V battleship. just take a look at the AA firepower!

Lepracorn48
30th Dec 2006, 17:55
the best ship would have to be the king george V battleship. just take a look at the AA firepower!

Yeh! That is actually a great ship. Like you said its AA power is ginormous.

TheMetalStorm
30th Dec 2006, 19:13
Yamato Is still pretty nasty...I wouldn't want to run into it alone.

princecaspian4
30th Dec 2006, 19:43
Yamato Is still pretty nasty...I wouldn't want to run into it alone.

i wouldn't want to run into any battleship alone

imnotcanadian
1st Jan 2007, 23:03
Well said princecaspian

chip5541
2nd Jan 2007, 07:11
#8 Garbage Scow :lol:

Scotty: Well, captain, er, the Klingons called you a tin plated over bearing swaggering dictator with delusions of granduer.
Capt. Kirk: Is that all?
Scotty: No sir, they also compared you with a Denebian slime devil.
Capt. Kirk: I see.
Scotty: And then they said you were...
Capt. Kirk: I get the picture, Scotty.
Scotty: Yes, sir.
Capt. Kirk: And after they said all this, that's when you hit the Klingons.
Scotty: No, sir.
Capt. Kirk: No?
Scotty: No, er, I didn't. You told us to avoid trouble.
Capt. Kirk: Oh, yes.
Scotty: Well, I didn't see it was worth fighting about. After all, we're big enough to take a few insults, aren't we?
Capt. Kirk: What was it they said that started the fight?
Scotty: They called the Enterprise a garbage scow. Sir.
Capt. Kirk: I see. And *that's* when you hit the Klingon?
Scotty: Yes, sir.
Capt. Kirk: You hit the Klingons because they insulted the Enterprise, not because they...
Scotty: Well, sir, this was a matter of pride!

Divine_Wind
2nd Jan 2007, 08:05
Carriers. Aircraft pwns all.

Alpha Wolfgang
3rd Jan 2007, 02:57
yeah, aircraft are the masters... oh, and your zero is a zero, no match for a few 50. rounds to the pilot...

Hitlers nightmare
3rd Jan 2007, 11:46
i think the carrier that can launch dive bombers and torpedo plane's
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hitlers nightmare
3rd Jan 2007, 11:49
yeah, aircraft are the masters... oh, and your zero is a zero, no match for a few 50. rounds to the pilot...

i think sow to an aircraft can sink a boat in just a minute,and a destroyer dus take much longer

LT ROBERT COLE
6th Jan 2007, 23:54
I just wanna have my carrier in the back and slowly move it around the map so the enemy will never see it in the same location twice and just have my destroyers a couple feet away from it for support and my battleship for artillery fire and let the planes do the rest.

sgt. albin
7th Jan 2007, 22:30
i took the destoryer because its one of few things that can possibly have any chance of killing a submarine while it is submerged. (if we are talking in multiplayer is this one correct:rolleyes: ) i just stay close to the BIG ships like yamamoto and just provide cover agianst submarines and airplanes since the destroyers has some of the best anit aircraft (aa) guns in the game (at least compared with the bigger battleships, the destroyer stands a better chance) but if i get caugth out alone with a battleship im.... well..... i better take a towel with me then.... and my duck.;)

LT ROBERT COLE
8th Jan 2007, 01:25
i took the destoryer because its one of few things that can possibly have any chance of killing a submarine while it is submerged. (if we are talking in multiplayer is this one correct:rolleyes: ) i just stay close to the BIG ships like yamamoto and just provide cover agianst submarines and airplanes since the destroyers has some of the best anit aircraft (aa) guns in the game (at least compared with the bigger battleships, the destroyer stands a better chance) but if i get caugth out alone with a battleship im.... well..... i better take a towel with me then.... and my duck.;)

I read somewhere that the yamamoto has around 36 aa guns so i think that will do better damage then the destoyer your talking about. Oh and sgt. albin will u be playing this on xbox 360 and if you are what is your gamertag?

sgt. albin
8th Jan 2007, 15:39
sadly im going pc but a friend of mine has plans of buying this to xbox 360 so maybe we face eachother there. ( my game tag will always be sgt. albin or major albin so just watch for them and you find me) and when i said better chance i ment allover, not just firepower. a destroyer is smaller and faster which means it can avoid bombs and torpedos which will have a picknic hitting the yamamoto. plus that the destroyer was not my choice only beacause the aa guns but also the anitsubmarine weapons and having a higher speed the the yamamoto. nyah nyah:rasp:.