PDA

View Full Version : Nosgoth Beta will be online soon?

LadyMoguri
9th Oct 2013, 23:12
Hi everyone! :friends:
I'm a huge fan of Nosgoth and after all this news, I just want to know if Square Enix will realease a beta free to play for steam or Ps3...
If the answer is positive what kind of system I need for play with it? :gamer:

Thanks to all :worship:

ZeroFernir
9th Oct 2013, 23:22
Hi everyone! :friends:
I'm a huge fan of Nosgoth and after all this news, I just want to know if Square Enix will realease a beta free to play for steam or Ps3...
If the answer is positive what kind of system I need for play with it? :gamer:

Thanks to all :worship:

No dates were announced yet, but I hope it will be soon. I had a bad time waiting for TESO beta -.-'

Hope Nosgoth will not let me down like that.

Vampmaster
9th Oct 2013, 23:35
I'm not even sure they're at alpha yet.

Anacrothe
9th Oct 2013, 23:47
I think there are plans to go to console but first it will be released on PC I believe.

Also they haven't announced any testing phases yet.

Source: Q&A video

Paradoks_db
9th Oct 2013, 23:47
From FAQ (http://www.nosgoth.com/faq)

When Does Closed Beta Begin?

There is no confirmed start date for Closed Beta at this stage. Before Closed Beta we will be running a very restricted Closed Alpha phase with a few members of the public. This will begin shortly and by registering for Closed Beta access you are also registering for the Closed Alpha.

Spar
11th Oct 2013, 17:11
:)))))

Gryregaest
12th Oct 2013, 01:46
Yeah, as stated, there's no dates for anything. Not sure if there will be an open beta, but you can register for the closed one. It was confirmed in the live Q&A (now on youtube) that it will be PC only at launch, but may include consoles later. It is going to be on steam, as it's already on their "coming soon" tab. I would guess they intend to do the beta through it as well.

BigAaron
12th Oct 2013, 02:07
so...it might make it to systems such as xbox one or xbox 360 for example? and
im big fan of lok idc if this is a multiplayer still looks good but if what i heard is true might make it to game systems like xbox one xbox 360 (i might be wrong so if i am just tell me) then shouldnt nosgoth

have a single player mode to? not like take out multi online but add in somthing like single player plus the
people who made the lok games the old ones the new people could use somthings from dead sun..if its

discontenud (grammer sorry) and the people who abandond it chould just let the other people use it for the singl player mode if nosgoth gets it i mean surre nosgoth could be a multi for pc games but if it ends up coming on a game system like 360 and we dont have live...were stuck and most games in lo were single player
and heres somthing cool says

lQolCk-y3LI

listed here *Moderator edit: language warning* http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/14/legacy-of-kain-dead-sun-concept-art-released-by-square-publisher-discusses-cancelled-game/
so i mean multi nosgoth for 360 is it possable gets added to gaming consoles could have single player action for those withut live...to tell a story with better stuff then old ones...i like reboots even if theres minor changes

but what does a reboot have thats the same as its old counter part?...thats having same stuff maybe not all time but having the elements of a game but better for example if dead sun was still in works you

might see someone calling them selfs kain but doesnt look like him but hes a vampire still adn has

some cool powers thing is even if a reboot of a game has changed stuff there still same
example dmc devil may cry devil trigger now i think the old dmc games had some cool stuff but devil

trigger was my fav dt (devil tigger) only effected the player making them stronger etc but in new dmc it not only does that but cases enemys to be airborns and stay motionless in the air

Anacrothe
12th Oct 2013, 04:23
SNIP

They might make it for xbox if the demand is there:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDPsL1IX1Yc
33:07

I doubt there is going to be a solo mode as they have said many times its strictly PvP.

BigAaron
12th Oct 2013, 08:03
what bout a solo game? maybe there isnt going to be a solo mode but didnt they say they might make a solo game for LOK...kinda like dead sun?

LOFO1993
12th Oct 2013, 09:40
Is it just me, or one of the developers/PR guys told at some point in the past weeks that the game is due to be public on Steam for the beginning of 2014? That means we have more or less 3 months left for alpha and beta. If that release window is true (I really can't remember when and where I've heard it, but I'm pretty sure), I guess we won't have to wait for too long for at least the alpha to begin. Only one rushed month of beta seems unlikely.

BigAaron
12th Oct 2013, 10:23
LOFO1993 um.....there not making anther legacy of kain game after nosgoth are they?

LOFO1993
12th Oct 2013, 11:51
Right now, Nosgoth is the only game of the franchise planned. They reserve the possibility of making more games, also single player games, for the future, but for now nothing is in development or even planned to be developed.

ZeroFernir
12th Oct 2013, 20:19
Is it just me, or one of the developers/PR guys told at some point in the past weeks that the game is due to be public on Steam for the beginning of 2014? That means we have more or less 3 months left for alpha and beta. If that release window is true (I really can't remember when and where I've heard it, but I'm pretty sure), I guess we won't have to wait for too long for at least the alpha to begin. Only one rushed month of beta seems unlikely.

Beta should and probably will be longer then alpha. That is normal in all games, even because with more people we will get a bigger feedback, in theory.

AlterRequiem
12th Oct 2013, 20:27
in my experience with beta signups, it helps to completely forget you signed up. that way when it goes live, its a pleasant surprise rather than a gut wrenching wait time. lol

ZeroFernir
12th Oct 2013, 20:47
in my experience with beta signups, it helps to completely forget you signed up. that way when it goes live, its a pleasant surprise rather than a gut wrenching wait time. lol

Is TESO beta online yet? signed up CENTURIES ago. I really hope Nosgoth to be not like that.

DanFortesque
14th Oct 2013, 22:13
Right now, Nosgoth is the only game of the franchise planned. They reserve the possibility of making more games, also single player games, for the future, but for now nothing is in development or even planned to be developed.

If I remember well I think that Amy Henning, one of the head behind the LoK saga, was talking about a possible reboot with Raziel. Maybe I'm mistakening but still I remember something like this. :)

It's been a long time thus and since no news. :(

LOFO1993
14th Oct 2013, 22:16
If I remember well I think that Amy Henning, one of the head behind the LoK saga, was talking about a possible reboot with Raziel. Maybe I'm mistakening but still I remember something like this. :)

It's been a long time thus and since no news. :(

I have really no idea what you're talking about. Amy Henning now works at Naughty Dog, while the Legacy of Kain brand is property of Square Enix. She couldn't work on a new game even if she wanted to.

DanFortesque
14th Oct 2013, 22:31
I have really no idea what you're talking about. Amy Henning now works at Naughty Dog, while the Legacy of Kain brand is property of Square Enix. She couldn't work on a new game even if she wanted to.

I was referring to an interviewfrom IG she gave about Uncharted 2 and especially this question :

G: Finally, before we wrap, I wanted to ask you about Legacy of Kain, since I'm personally a fan of that series. I realize you can't speak for Eidos, but do you think we'll ever see that franchise again? Did you want to continue work on it?

AH: Well anything I would say is complete speculation because I've been away from Crystal Dynamics for six years now, but I felt like I got to do what I wanted to do. Do I feel like I got cutoff midstream? No, I'm the one that left and joined Naughty Dog, and I knew in the middle of development on Defiance that I was going to leave and join Naughty Dog. So I was wrapping up my story. All I can tell you is that Eidos and Crystal Dynamics legitimately love that franchise. If anyone thinks it's sort of been thrown in the dustbin without any thought or care, that's not the case at all. I know they would love to revive it when the time is right and resources are there. I'm sure it's something they talk about; whether it'll ever happen I don't know. I think it would have to be reinvented a bit at this point. If I was magically there working on it, I would look at it that way too – you have to look at it from the perspective of the marketplace and the audience. You can't necessarily craft things for a fan audience because you'll end up with a niche product. But I think they still see the franchise as a valuable IP in their stable, and they're just waiting for the right time to do something with it. I know they're solely focused on Tomb Raider right now, and they're not a huge studio, but who knows if Eidos/Square Enix would consider outsourcing it.

She just gave some personnal hints about how the LoK saga should be dealt with but like you said didn't explicitely mentionned getting back on the tracks.

Of course like I said in my last post it's been a long time since this interview has been conducted. I just wished to mention it.