PDA

View Full Version : Cheating

Privateer1
24th Nov 2006, 15:42
I cheat because I have to, I have Ataxia and my coordination is really crap now, a lot of games have a console to put cheat codes in, it looks like on this game, in order to cheat you must unlock the level first, I'm not good enough for the time trials, what do I do.
Thanks.

PARaider
25th Nov 2006, 01:57
Unfortunately, you must complete the game time trials to activate the cheat codes. If you are playing the console version of the game, then you will probably have to find a friend that has completed the game.

IF you are playing the PC version of the game, then you might consider downloading the pc saved games from http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com

here is the exact link to the PC saved games (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr7/gamesaves.html)

I believe that the site has a program that will install saved games and I assume that one of them has a saved game that is 100% complete; allowing you to access the cheat codes of the game. Althought with a 100% completion rating, you will not be able to save your game within the level. I believe that the only option that you will have would be to only replay the level.

Unless someone else knows of a way that you could cheat to access the cheat codes without having to complete the game. I don't really understand why CD decided to have cheat codes that can only be used after completing the game??:mad2:

burt_ie
25th Nov 2006, 02:26
It does seem strange that you have to compleate the level/game to unlock the cheats with TR Legend :(
If your playing on a ps2 console you could always try an Action Replay cartridge

Privateer1
25th Nov 2006, 12:35
Playing on a PC, Ive downloaded the save games,they are good, but even unlocking cheat codes doesn't unlock a console.

StarChampagne
25th Nov 2006, 16:09
There isn't a console in Legend. If you mean you can't cheat, once you've unlocked the cheats, when playing again, hold backspace + any number from 0-9 to activate a different cheat :)

Astara
25th Nov 2006, 17:51
I have some problems with hand speed that throw off fast paced scenes enough to make time-trials nearly impossible (maybe impossible, but if I could memorize the key sequences to play an entire level; :lol: ). My first play of level 1 was over 10 hours. I've tried replaying level but best times so far are over1.5 hours. Twelve minutes? I don't think the game can run that fast on a PC!?

I didn't notice it so much when I was playing more slowly, but as I've tried to speed up play, I get alot of "lag" in playing the game -- places where the screen just freezes for a random period -- sometimes only a stutter, but sometimes as long as 1- seconds. Fortunately I'm not playing against another player -- since during those freeze ups, I'd be slaughtered. But back to topic...

Two things would be nice in TT, once -- (maybe too simple, dunno), but having the choice of easy-medium-hard would be a nice 1st step. A second possible variation would be to alot a different time for each difficulty level. A third possibility I just thought of -- and this is just off the top of my head, but make the TT time based partially on your initial level completion time.

If it took 10 hours to complete level 1(bolivia), ... maybe a TT of an hour wouldn't be entirely unreasonable. Of course, if someone wanted to "cheat", they could just run around in circles first time through a level and take 10 hours, fine -- but what would be the fun in that for an expert? For those that complete all .. 9 levels (counting manor) in (saw one player claim) 6 hours...then, maybe allot, 6 hours/ 9 levels = 2/3 hour/level, or ~ 40 minutes/level, initial, then divided by the 10 difficulty factor ... to get the value to beat for their TT. That'd be about 4 minutes/TT. :lol: Ok, maybe their needs to be a base amount, say 10 minutes + the per/level-adjustment. Dunno what people's average times are to make it "reasonable"...But you get the picture.

Whatchya think?

A*a

BTW -- does "Instant email notification" work for anyone else or is it just disabled? I never seem to get any email notifications -- and I've checked in my spam folder -- not in there either. Anyone know if that can get fixed?

Lunideth
26th Nov 2006, 18:13
If u want cheats maybe you should download thrainers if there are any.
There is no console in legend

Time trials are actually not hard...
If you vand complete then play same round about 5 times in row (or more if needed) then you will remember what to do and where. And while practicing imagine that you play time trial. If there is hard place like jump to somewhere then jum there, then go back and jump again untill you can do it.
If u have problems then just use cheats like "bulletproof lara" or "1 hit kill"

here u can see some time trial walkthroughs so watch them and try to do same way:

http://youtube.com/results?search_query=legend+time+trial&search=Search

LaraGirl216
28th Nov 2006, 07:03
Unfortunately, you must complete the game time trials to activate the cheat codes. If you are playing the console version of the game, then you will probably have to find a friend that has completed the game.

IF you are playing the PC version of the game, then you might consider downloading the pc saved games from http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com

here is the exact link to the PC saved games (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr7/gamesaves.html)

I believe that the site has a program that will install saved games and I assume that one of them has a saved game that is 100% complete; allowing you to access the cheat codes of the game. Althought with a 100% completion rating, you will not be able to save your game within the level. I believe that the only option that you will have would be to only replay the level.

Unless someone else knows of a way that you could cheat to access the cheat codes without having to complete the game. I don't really understand why CD decided to have cheat codes that can only be used after completing the game??:mad2:

Because if they didn't everyone would complete Legend in 20 minutes flat! :lol:

burt_ie
28th Nov 2006, 12:59
Because if they didn't everyone would complete Legend in 20 minutes flat! :lol:

A lot of people did! :lol:

LaraGirl216
28th Nov 2006, 17:01
I didn't, it took me 2 weeks but I did have school. I think it's good to have cheats AFTER the Game because if you use them you don't feel as great when completing the game then doing it yourself. :D

StarChampagne
29th Nov 2006, 19:18
I only cheat after I've completed a game anyway :)

As for Legend in 20 minutes... mine was closer to 20 days :rasp: